Manchester Originals vs Trent Rockets The Hundred Match Prediction
Match: MNR vs TRT Match Prediction
Time: 13 Aug, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: The Hundred Match
Venue: Old Trafford – Manchester, England
MNR vs TRT Dream11 Prediction:
- Jos Buttler hit a half-century in his first match of the tournament and we are backing the Manchester Originals’ captain to be their highest run scorer in this game. Matt Parkinson has plenty of white ball experience bowling at this ground. We expect the spinner to be Manchester Originals’ top wicket taker against Trent Rockets.
- Alex Hales has scored over 100 runs in the competition already. The opener is our pick for Trent Rockets’ highest run scorer against Manchester Originals. With the ball, Daniel Sams has taken three wickets in both of his opening two games. The Australian is our tip for Trent Rockets’ top wicket taker in this match.
- We recommend backing Dawid Malan to score over 22.5 runs in this clash.
MNR vs TRT Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket and BBC.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on SkyGo, the BBC iPlayer and the FanCode App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Some clouds at the start of the game but expect the sun to burn through shortly after. The match will be played with a temperature of 32 degrees.
As ever, the pitch in Manchester will offer pace and bounce for the quick bowlers and turn for the spinners. Batters also enjoy playing on this surface as the ball comes onto the bat at speed.
The Rockets have won the toss and chosen to field first in both of their games so far in the tournament with the Originals yet to win a toss. We predict that both captains will want to bowl first in this match.
L, L, L, L, L
❌❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
W, W, L, W, L
✅ ✅ ❌ ✅❌
MNR vs TRT Team News:
MNR Team News:
Experienced Australian Ashton Turner was left out of the side for the game against London Spirit to create room for young South African star batter Tristan Stubbs. We expect Stubbs to get the nod for this match as well with the Originals packing their line-up with batters.
TRT Team News:
Rashid Khan played in the opening game victory over Birmingham Phoenix but missed the last match and will be absent from this fixture as he is playing for Afghanistan against Ireland. Tabraiz Shamsi replaced Khan in the side with Luke Fletcher replacing Matthew Carter. We expect an unchanged XI for this game.
Jos Buttler (c)
Phil Salt (wk)
T Kohler-Cadmore (wk)
Lewis Gregory (c)
Who will win today’s match: MNR vs TRT The Hundred Match Fantasy Team
With contrasting starts to the season, the form and league table would suggest that Trent Rockets are in for an easy ride at Emirates Old Trafford. However, Manchester Originals have talent and we think they will come good at some point. We are predicting a close match with Trent Rockets getting the victory.
Trent Rockets are favorites to beat Manchester Originals
MNR Key Players:
The captain and opener is one of the best short-format batters on the planet. He has the ability to win a game in a very short period of time.
The England international is hoping to catch the eye of the selectors with some big scores in this competition. He top scored with 36 runs from 34 balls against London Spirit.
The spinner picked up the wicket of the dangerous Zak Crawley in the last game. If he could be more of a wicket taking threat that would be a huge advantage for Manchester Originals.
TRT Key Players:
Only Adam Lyth and Will Smeed have scored more runs in the tournament so far than the Rockets’ opener. He has not given up on an England recall ahead of the 2022 T20 World Cup.
The England international took the Player of the Match Award after hitting 88 not out from 49 balls amd batting through the successful chase against Northern Superchargers.
The Australian left-arm pace bowler has had an excellent start to this campaign. He has six wickets at an average of 9.16.
MNR vs TRT Team Info:
MNR Team Updates:
- You have to go back to July 2021 and to Match 12 of last year’s tournament to find Manchester Originals’ last victory in the Men’s Hundred.
TRT Team Updates:
- The Rockets have come roaring out of the blocks this season and have won three of their last four games in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Jos Buttler(c), Philip Salt(w), Wayne Madsen, Laurie Evans, Paul Walter, Andre Russell, Tristan Stubbs, Sean Abbott, Tom Hartley, Fred Klaassen, Matthew Parkinson, Richard Gleeson, Tom Lammonby, Calvin Harrison, Mitchell Stanley, Colin Ackermann, Ollie Robinson, Daniel Worrall
Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Tom Kohler-Cadmore(w), Colin Munro, Lewis Gregory(c), Joe Root, Samit Patel, Daniel Sams, Luke Wood, Luke Fletcher, Tabraiz Shamsi, Matthew Carter, Rashid Khan, Tom Moores, Sam Cook, Marchant de Lange, Ian Cockbain, Steven Mullaney.