Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars
PSL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 13 Feb, 08:00 PM (IST)
Series: PSL T20 Match-1
Venue: Multan Cricket Stadium – Multan, Pakistan
MUL vs LAH Dream11 Prediction:
- Mohammad Rizwan has been in good knick in the BPL 2023 tournament and will be heading into Pakistan with full confidence. The wicketkeeper/batsman has scored 1411 runs in 48 games and is expected to lead the batting unit of MS. On the other hand, Shahnawaz Dahani has been a serious wicket-taker for this side and we expect him to take the most wickets for MS in Match 1 of PSL 2023.
- Fakhar Zaman will be expected to give Lahore Qalandars a good start with the bat against the strongest side on paper in the inaugural game. With a wealth of experience under his belt, Zaman has scored 340 runs in the last 10 games in PSL, playing at an average of 34. Shaheen Shah Afridi has taken 14 wickets for the last 10 games for LQ and we expect him to take at least 1.5 wickets in this Match 1 as LQ defend their title.
- 21-year-old right-arm pacer, Zaman Khan has also picked 14 wickets for LQ in his last 10 games played, and we expect him to take 2 wickets to start off his 2023 PSL campaign.
MUL vs LAH Live Streaming:
The match will be shown live on PTV Sports, Ten Sports, and A Sports.
PSL 2023 Live Streaming:
Fans can stream the match on Tapmad, Tamasha App, and Daraz.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There is no chance of rain interrupting the match as there would be a clear sky with the temperature being around 28 to 26 degrees. Humidity will be around 20 to 26% during the match hours.
This wicket is a slow surface that offers no help for the pacers. However, the spinners are helped with the uncertainty of turn and bounce.
Since this pitch is slow and has often been a tough task for the team batting second to chase the target, both the captains will be looking to bowl first.
MUL vs LAH TEAM NEWS:
MUL Team News:
Rilee Rossouw and Josh Little’s availability for this first game of PSL 2023 will be uncertain as both these players will be with the Pretoria Capital till February 12th. This could enable Usman Khan to lead the batting attack with Shan Masood batting at No. 3.
LAH Team News:
The defending champions will head into this contest by using their strength in the bowling unit. With Shaheen Shah Afridi and Zaman Khan leading the bowling attack, Rashid Khan’s performance can prove to be the x-factor for this side.
MUL vs LAH Pre-Toss LineUps:
MUL vs LAH Team Updates:
MUL Team Updates –
- They have a strong core and a well rounded team and a captain with good temperament. These are the reasons why they have become one of the consistent teams in this competition in the last 2 seasons. They are one of the top contenders to win the title this year.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Shan Masood will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Tim David and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Rizwan will lead the Multan Sultans as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket Keeping for Multan Sultans.
- Khushdil-Shah will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Shahnawaz Dhani and Usama Mir will lead the pace attack of his team.
LAH Team Updates –
- They lifted the title last year under the able leadership of Shaheen Afridi. They have Pakistan’s 2 best fast bowlers in their ranks and they also have the best leg spinner in Rashid Khan. There is no surprise that they won the trophy last year and again start as favourites for this year.
- Fakhar Zaman and Abdullah Shafique will probably open the inning.
- Kamran Ghulam will bat at the one-down position.
- Sikandar Raza and Hussain Talat will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shaheen Afridi will lead the Lahore Qalandars as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rashid-Khan will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Shaheen Afridi was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
Match 1 of the 2023 PSL edition is most likely to be a close contest with the winner required to throw the kitchen sink in order to register their first win of the campaign. We expect Lahore Qalandars to inch past MS because of the venue and its playing conditions.
Lahore Qalandars are favorites to beat Multan Sultans
MUL Key Players:
Mohammad Rizwan –
No doubt that the captain of MS will be their most important batsman in Match 1. Having scored 425 runs in his previous 10 games, Rizwan has even shown good form in BPL 2023.
Shan Masood –
This left-handed batsman is a consistent performer and will be looking to add to his potential of making the Pakistan Squad for the ICC World Cup this year.
Shahnawaz Dahani –
Although this fast bowler has not been economical in the past yet his raw pace can help him get wickets at Multan International Cricket Stadium in Match 1.
LAH Key Players:
Fakhar Zaman –
This will be a crucial tournament for this left-handed opening batsman as he looks to cement his place in the Pakistani top batting order for the ICC World Cup this year.
Rashid Khan –
Having wealth of experience by laying in different T20 leagues all over the world, Rashid’s performance with the bowl in the middle overs can decide the outcome of this clash.
Jordan Cox –
This English wicketkeeper/batsman is known for his adaptability and will be key in LQ’s batting lineup in this edition.
MUL vs LAH Team Form:
MUL Team Form –
The Multan Sultans saw Lahore Qalandars deprive them of a well-deserved title last season. They would be seeking vengeance entering the 2023 edition.
LAH Team Form –
Although this team is a much better bowling side on paper, LQ will be looking to give their new campaign a positive start by beating the best side of the tournament once again.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
MUL vs LAH SQUAD:
Multan Sultans (MUL):
Mohammad Rizwan(WK)(C), Shan Masood, Rilee Rossouw, Tim David, David Miller, Kieron Pollard, Khushdil-Shah, Usama Mir, Shahnawaz Dhani, Ihsanullah Janat, Abbas Afridi, Wayne Parnell, Amad-Butt, Adil Rashid, Akeal Hosein, Usman Khan, Joshua Little, Sameen Gul, Anwar-Ali, Izharullahq Naveed, Arafat Minhas-I, Mohammad Sarwar Afridi
Lahore Qalandars (LAH):
Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafique, Kamran Ghulam, Sikandar Raza, Hussain Talat, David Wiese, Liam Dawson, Rashid-Khan, Shaheen Afridi(C), Haris Rauf, Zaman- Khan, Shane Dadswell, Jalat Khan, Ahsan Bhatti, Kusal Mendis(WK), Sam Billings(WK), Mirza Tahir Baig, Jordan Cox(WK), Shawaiz Irfan(WK), Ahmad Daniyal, Dilbar Hussain