Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi
PSL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 17 Feb, 06:30 PM (IST)
Series: PSL T20 Match-5
Venue: Multan Cricket Stadium – Multan, Pakistan
MUL vs PES Dream11 Prediction:
- The emergence of Rilee Rossouw showcased just how dominant the Sultans could be with the bat. The South African International scored 78 runs off just 42 balls including 9 boundaries and 3 maximums in his season’s debut for the Sultans. On the other hand, Ihsanullah produced one of the most applaud-worthy performances with the bowl in PSL’s history as he took 5 wickets in his quota of 4 overs, giving just 12 runs.
- Tom Kohler-Cadmore smashed impressive 92-run innings in just 50 balls for the Peshawar Zalmi in their opening game against the Kings to lead his side past the victory line. Whereas James Neesham took 2 crucial wickets for the side, giving just 26 runs in his quota of four overs and we predict him to at least take 1.5 wickets in this game as well.
- Being in this form of his life and having scored 68 runs in Match 2, we predict Babar Azam to score yet another half-century in this particular match.
MUL vs PES Live Streaming:
The match will be shown live on PTV Sports, Ten Sports, and A Sports.
PSL 2023 Live Streaming:
Fans can stream the match on Tapmad, Tamasha App, and Daraz.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature is expected to be between 28 to 14 degrees during the match hours. However, humidity is bound to peak at 58% in Match 5.
This pitch will allow the batsmen to make use of the pace of the fast bowlers to their advantage. However, the bowlers could get some unexpected turn and bounce on this relatively new track.
Since the pitch has not been used much, both teams will be looking to set a commanding total on the board to make use of the limited dew which would come into play under the lights. The ideal choice for the winning captain will be to bowl first.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, L, W, W
W, L, T, W, W
MUL vs PES TEAM NEWS:
MUL Team News:
Although there are no injuries in this team as of date, Multan Sultans could again head into Match 5 with their previous starting XI. Given that Abbas Afridi, Sameer Gul, Usama Mir, and Ihsanullah had all been amongst the wickets, it is unlikely to witness any change in the bowling department.
PES Team News:
Given that James Neesham and Shakib Al Hasan both have been in fine touch with the bowl as well as with the bat, it is unlikely to witness the Zalmi make any change after winning their first game of the tournament.
MUL Team Updates –
- Mohammad Rizwan and Shan Masood will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- David Miller and Kieron Pollard will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Rizwan will lead the Multan Sultans as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket Keeping for Multan Sultans.
- Khushdil-Shah will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Ihsanullah Janat and Usama Mir will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Ihsanullah Janat is having topmost fantasy points in this series
PES Team Updates –
- Babar Azam and Mohammad Haris will probably open the inning.
- Saim Ayub will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Tom Kohler Cadmore and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will handle the middle-order batting.
- Tom Kohler Cadmore is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Babar Azam will lead the Peshawar Zalmi as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Haris will do the Wicket Keeping for Peshawar Zalmi.
- Sufiyan Muqeem and Shakib Al Hasan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Wahab Riaz and Salman Irshad will lead the pace attack of his team.
Peshawar Zalmi does look to have a better batting depth than the Sultans entering Match 5. However, the latter side has been more impressive despite losing their first game. Moreover, with the game being played in their backyard, with the head-to-head also favoring them, we predict that the Multan Sultan would beat the Peshawar Zalmi in this upcoming match.
Multan Sultans are favorites to beat Peshawar Zalmi
MUL Key Players:
The 20-year-old Afghanistan all-rounder used his pace to its full potential to break the record of Haris Rauf’s fastest spell in PSL history. Not only he took 5 wickets but gave just 12 runs in his 4 overs.
Rille Rossouw –
The South African International showcased just how dominant he could be with the bat since the first ball. Having already scored 78 runs, Rilee would be expected to support Mohammad Rizwan in this crucial game as well.
Mohammad Rizwan –
Being one of the leading batsmen for Pakistan in this year’s World Cup, this wicketkeeper/batsman will be expected to be amongst the highest run scorers in the PSL 2023.
PES Key Players:
James Neesham –
Known to be one of New Zealand’s most experienced all-rounders, Neesham would be looking to contribute on both ends. He had already clinched 2 wickets and even scored 16 runs off 11 balls in Match 2.
Tom Kohler-Cadmore –
Having played brilliantly in BPL 2023 and falling short of just 8 runs to score the first century of PSL 2023, Cadmore will be one of the batsmen to keep an eye on in Match 5.
Babar Azam –
Being in the form of his life, the Pakistani Captain will be expected to also lead the Peshawar Zalmi to the best record in the group stage, by leading from the front. He has already scored 68 runs in his debut match for Zalmi and will be itching to score another impressive inning.
MUL vs PES Team Form:
MUL Team Form –
After a nail-biting loss against the Lahore Qalandars in the inaugural match of 2023’s edition, the Sultans bounced in epic fashion to beat the Gladiators by 9 wickets.
PES Team Form –
Being involved in a close contest against the Karachi Kings in Match 2, the Zalmi came out victorious by just 2 runs to register their first win under the captaincy of Babar Azam.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
MUL vs PES SQUAD:
Multan Sultans (MUL):
Mohammad Rizwan (c & wk), Shan Masood, Rilee Rossouw, David Miller, Kieron Pollard, Khushdil Shah, Akeal Hosein, Usama Mir, Sameen Gul, Abbas Afridi, Ihsanullah, Usman Khan, Arafat Minhas, Mohammad Sarwar, Carlos Brathwaite, Mohammad Ilyas, Anwar Ali
Peshawar Zalmi (PES):
Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Haris (wk), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Saim Ayub, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, James Neesham, Shakib Al Hasan, Wahab Riaz, Sufiyan Muqeem, Salman Irshad, Khurram Shahzad, Aamer Jamal, Rovman Powell, Usman Qadir, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Arshad Iqbal, Danish Aziz, Sherfane Rutherford, Haseebullah Khan