Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators
PSL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 15 Feb, 08:00 PM (IST)
Series: PSL T20 Match-3
Venue: Multan Cricket Stadium – Multan, Pakistan
MUL vs QUE Dream11 Prediction:
- Captain Mohammad Rizwan scored s stunning half-century, 75 runs to be precise in just 50 balls in the team’s inaugural match against the Lahore Qalandars. Playing at a strike rate of 150, we expect this Pakistan International to score another half-century in Match 3 as well. Usama Mir took 2 wickets for Multan Sultans in Match 1, keeping an economy rate of 6.25, we expect him to take at least a couple of wickets in this game as well.
- England International Jason Roy will be the key batsman for Quetta Gladiators in this contest. In his recent 6 games, the 32-year-old had scored 303 runs, playing at an average of more than 50 runs per innings. Moreover, Naseem Shah heads into this contest taking 14 wickets in his most recent 10 games.
- Iftikhar Ahmed is entering PSL 2023 on the back of a highly impressive run in BPL 2023 wherein he scored 351 runs in 11 games. We expected him to score at least 40 runs in Match 3 against the Multan Sultans
MUL vs QUE Live Streaming:
The match will be shown live on PTV Sports, Ten Sports, and A Sports.
PSL 2023 Live Streaming:
Fans can stream the match on Tapmad, Tamasha App, and Daraz.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The sky is pretty clear for us to enjoy a full game. The temperature will be around 28 to 15 degrees during the match hours with humidity being as high as 50%.
There is no help for the pacers at Multan Cricket Stadium and the batsmen too will have to adjust to the slow surface. However, the spinners will get some advantage on this wicket as the ball tends to occasionally stop at the batsmen.
As the match will start at 6:00 PM local time, both captains will keep in mind the dew coming into play. For this, the right choice will be to bowl first at this venue.
MUL vs QUE TEAM NEWS:
MUL Team News:
Since the experiment of playing right-arm medium, Sameen Gul proved to be a costly affair for Multan Sultans in Match 1 against the Lahore Qalandars, Abbas Afridi could feature in the starting XI replacing him. Moreover, the likes of Tim David, Rilee Rossouw, and Joshua Little are still uncertain to feature on the field.
QUE Team News:
Being led by Sarfaraz Ahmed once again, the Quetta Gladiators will have the services of Naseem Shah, Jason Roy, and Wanindu Hasaranga to use since their inaugural game.
MUL vs QUE Pre-Toss LineUps:
2. Shan Masood
3. Usman Khan
4. David Miller
5. Kieron Pollard
7. Usama Mir
8. Shahnawaz Dhani
9. Akeal Hosein
10. Ihsanullah Janat
11. Sameen Gul
2. Will Smeed
3. M Hafeez
4. S Ahmed(WK)(C)
6. Saud Shakeel
7. M Nawaz
8. Dwaine Pretorius
9. Qais Ahmad
11. M Hasnain
MUL vs QUE MUL Team Updates –
- Mohammad Rizwan and Shan Masood will probably open the inning.
- Mohammad Rizwan is having topmost fantasy points in this series. He smashed 75 runs in the first match.
- Usman Khan will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- David Miller and Kieron Pollard will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Rizwan will lead the Multan Sultans as a Captain.
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket-Keeping for Multan Sultans.
- Khushdil-Shah will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Usama Mir and Ihsanullah Janat will lead the pace attack of his team
QUE Team Updates –
- Jason Roy and Will Smeed will probably open the inning.
- Mohammad Hafeez will bat at the one-down position.
- Sarfaraz Ahmed and Iftikhar-Ahmed will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sarfaraz Ahmed will lead the Quetta Gladiators as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Sarfaraz Ahmed will do the Wicket Keeping for Quetta Gladiators.
- Mohammad Nawaz will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Naseem-Shah and Mohammad Hasnain will lead the pace attack of his team.
Given that this wicket will ensure that the winning team will have to be led to the line by the batting lineup and spin bowling attack, the Multan Sultans contain a balanced mix of anchors and power hitters. Moreover, the likes of Usama Mir have already played on this track in the competition and will have an idea of how to use the pitch to their benefit. This is just why we predict Sultan to register their fourth consecutive win over Quetta Gladiators. That being said, the Gladiators do have the assets at their disposal to cause an upset early on.
Multan Sultans are favorites to beat Quetta Gladiators
MUL Key Players:
Mohammad Rizwan –
Having scored 75 runs off just 50 balls in the previous game, Rizwan will be expected to bat till the very end even in Match 3.
Usama Mir –
The right-arm leg spinner proved to be the most economical bowler for his side, taking 2 wickets in his quota of four overs as well in Match 1.
Shahnawaz Dahani –
The exquisite pacer proved to leak more than 10 runs per over in Match 1. However, Dahani will be required to make use of how raw pace and bounce to provide regular breakthroughs in the latter stages to Multan Sultans.
QUE Key Players:
Jason Roy –
This English opening batsman can cause havoc by counter-attacking the bowling attack. This is just what the Gladiators would be requiring to get off to the best possible start in the 2023 edition.
Iftikhar Ahmed –
Having shown how he can stabilize a batting order with his consistency, Iftikhar Ahmed has come in PSL 2023 after batting at an average of more than 58 runs per innings in the 11 contests of BPL 2023.
Wanindu Hasaranga –
Given that the Multan Cricket Stadium could offer help to the spinners, Hasaranga’s bowling performance can be crucial in deciding the outcome of Match 3.
MUL vs QUE Team Form:
MUL Team Form –
The runners-up of the last season could not seek redemption as they lost to Lahore Qalandars in the inaugural game of PSL 2023 in a nail-biting contest by just 1 run.
QUE Team Form –
The Gladiators haven’t made it to the playoffs in any of the last three seasons. Furthermore, they have only won 2 games in their previous five encounters.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
MUL vs QUE SQUAD:
Multan Sultans (MUL):
Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan (c & wk), Usman Khan, Kieron Pollard, David Miller, Khushdil Shah, Akeal Hosein, Usama Mir, Sameen Gul, Shahnawaz Dahani, Ihsanullah, Anwar Ali, Arafat Minhas, Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Sarwar
Quetta Gladiators (QUE):
Mohammad Nawaz, Iftikhar Ahmed, Jason Roy, Mohammad Hasnain, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Naveen ul Haq, Umar Akmal, Will Smeed, Wanindu Hasaranga, Naseem Shah, Odean Smith, Ahsan Ali, Umaid Asif, Muhammad Zahid, Abdul Bangalzai, Aimal Khan, Martin Guptill, Omair Bin Yousuf, Qais Ahmed, Saud Shakeel, Dwaine Pretorius (partial replacement for Odean Smith), Will Jacks (partial replacement for Jason Roy), Nuwan Thushara (partial replacement for Naveen ul Haq)