Namibia vs United Arab Emirates
T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 20 Oct, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Match 10
Venue: Simonds Stadium, Geelong, Australia
NAM vs UAE Dream11 Prediction:
- Stephan Baard has a top score of 92 in this format and we are backing him to be Namibia’s highest run scorer against UAE. With the ball, Bernard Scholtz has figures of 2-18 and 1-21 from the opening two games and is our pick for Namibia’s top wicket taker in this clash.
- Although he made only two runs on Tuesday, Muhammad Waseem averaged 38.50 in IT20s. The opening batter is our tip for UAE’s highest run scorer in this game. Spinner Karthik Meiyappan became the first UAE bowler to take a T20 World Cup hat-trick against Netherlands. He is a strong choice for UAE’s top wicket taker against Namibia.
- Karthik Meiyappan is a consistent wicket taker in this format and we recommend backing him to take over 1.5 wickets.
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be cloudy and humid across this game in Geelong. There is a small chance of rain arriving across the final stages of the match.
We have seen totals ranging from 73 – 167 across the first four games at this venue during the T20 World Cup. Overall, bowlers have had the upper hand on this pitch.
UAE and Namibia have both chosen to bat first after winning the toss in this tournament. We predict that both skippers will opt to bat if they win the toss ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, W, W, W, W
L, L, L, L, L
NAM vs UAE TEAM NEWS:
NAM Team News:
After their impressive 55 run victory over Sri Lanka on Sunday, it was no surprise to see Namibia go into the game against Netherlands unchanged. It was a poor overall performance on Tuesday afternoon but we expect to see the same XI in this match.
UAE Team News:
Top order batter Aryan Lakra replaced pace bowler Zawar Farid in the UAE XI ahead of the match against Sri Lanka in T20 World Cup 2022. Although Lakra made only one run from three balls, we expect he will keep his place in the team for this clash against Nambia.
NAM vs UAE Pre-Toss LineUps:
NAM vs UAE Team Updates:
NAM Team Updates
- Namibia’s victory over Sri Lanka by 55 runs didn’t last long as they fell to the Netherlands by 5 wickets in their subsequent match.
- They need to win this game in order to advance since their qualification is still in doubt. They have two points, which puts them in second place overall.
- Michael van Lingen and Divan la Cock will probably open the inning.
- Stephan Baard will bat at the one-down position.
- Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton and Jan Frylinck will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jan Frylinck is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Gerhard Erasmus will lead the Namibia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Zane Green will do the Wicket Keeping for Namibia.
- Bernard Scholtz will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Ben Shikongo will lead the pace attack of his team.
UAE Team Updates
- United Arab Emirates, on the other side, lost both of their games against the Netherlands and Sri Lanka and are now eliminated from the qualification round.
- The batter’s failure was costly for the team despite the fact that the bowlers justified their duties well. They have zero points and a net run rate of -2.028, placing them last in Group A.
- Waseem Muhammad and Chirag Suri will probably open the inning.
- Aryan Lakra will bat at the one-down position.
- CP Rizwan and Vritiya Aravind will handle the middle-order batting.
- CP Rizwan will lead the United Arab Emirates as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Vritiya Aravind will do the Wicket Keeping for United Arab Emirates.
- Karthik Meiyappan and Aayan Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Karthik Meiyappan was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Junaid Siddique and Zahoor Khan will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Junaid Siddique is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
Although UAE got very close to beating Netherlands in their opening game, we expect Namibia to have too much strength across their batting and bowling line-up. Namibia were disappointing on Tuesday but overall, we are predicting a comfortable victory for them in this match.
Namibia are favorites to beat UAE at the odds.
NAM Key Players:
The 30 year old right-handed top order batter has made good starts in both innings in the tournament. He has hit five half-centuries in IT20s.
The bowling all-rounder has top scored for Namibia with 44 against Sri Lanka and 43 against the Netherlands. He has also taken three wickets in this World Cup.
The 32-year-old left-arm spinner has taken 42 wickets at an average of 17.02 from 37 games in this format.
UAE Key Players:
The 28 year old hit two centuries across his first 12 IT20 innings, both against Ireland. He needs four sixes to bring up 50 sixes in this format.
The right arm fast bowler dismissed Chamika Karunaratne and Pathum Nissanka, both during the final over, against Sri Lanka on Tuesday.
The 22 year old has taken at least one wicket in eight of his last nine IT20s and slowed down Sri Lanka’s progress with his hat-trick in the 15th over.
NAM vs UAE Team Forms:
NAM Team Form:
Namibia have lost two of their last five games in this format. Tuesday’s defeat ended a run of three successive victories.
UAE Team Form:
UAE have lost their last five games with their last victory coming in mid-August.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Michael van Lingen, Divan la Cock, Stephan Baard, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Jan Frylinck, Gerhard Erasmus(C), David Wiese, JJ Smit, Zane Green(WK), Bernard Scholtz, Ben Shikongo, Lohan Louwrens(WK), Pikkie YaFrance, Karl Birkenstock, Ruben Trumpelmann, Tangeni Lungameni
United Arab Emirates:
Waseem Muhammad, Chirag Suri, Aryan Lakra, CP Rizwan(C), Vritiya Aravind(WK), Kashif Daud, Basil Hameed, Aayan Khan, Junaid Siddique, Zahoor Khan, Karthik Meiyappan, Vishnu Sukumaran, Adhitya Shetty, Ahmed Raza, Alishan Sharafu, Sabir Ali, Sultan Ahmad, Fahad Nawaz, Zawar Farid, Sanchit Sharma