NED vs ENG Dream11 Prediction for 1st ODI Match
Match: NED vs ENG ODI Match Prediction
Time: 17 May, 02:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: VRA Cricket Ground – Amstelveen
NED vs ENG Info:
- Max O’Dowd has scored five half-centuries in ODI cricket and the opener is our tip for Netherlands’ highest run scorer in this game.
- Jason Roy will bat at the top of the order for England and is a destructive batter. We expect him to be England’s highest run scorer in this ODI.
- Sam Curran has been in excellent form with the ball in the T20 Blast. He is our pick for England’s top wicket take against Netherlands in this match.
- The Netherlands will host England for an ODI series that begins on the 17th of June. England’s Test team was involved in a record-breaking win over New Zealand just a couple of days prior to that and so a couple of players will be missing from the squad.
- Still, England has named a strong squad that is going to be the overwhelming favorite at all the best cricket betting sites. Netherlands would be hoping to pull off an upset but even if it competes well, it will end up making waves around the world.
- Interestingly, this is the first time that England and the Netherlands will be playing an ODI series against each other.
- Match prediction and cricket betting tips for Netherlands vs England 1st ODI 2022. The match is going to be played at the VRA Cricket Ground, Amstelveen on the 17th of June 2022.
NED vs ENG Live Streaming:
TV channels: The England tour of the Netherlands in 2022 will not be live telecast on any TV channels in India. However, Indian fans can switch to the FanCode app to watch the live streaming of the series.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on the FanCode app.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The conditions in Amstelveen are predicted to be quite good for cricket on match day. The pitch should be a good one for batting.
The match will be played at the VRA Ground, Amstelveen. Although there will be assistance for the pace and spin bowlers, we expect batters to enjoy this surface and venue.
L, L, L, L, L,
❌❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
W, W W, NR, W,
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ✅
NED vs ENG Team News:
NED Team News:
The Netherlands played an ODI series against the West Indies recently and was quite competitive in that despite eventually losing all three matches. A couple of players really stood out for the Netherlands and the team would be hoping for more players to make a mark against England.
Max O’Dowd was the highest run-getter in the entire series across both teams. He had a highest score of 89 and hit two fifties. He is going to be the most important batter for the Netherlands once more.
They have added Tom Cooper to the lineup who will be making an ODI comeback after almost 9 years. He plays in Australia and has been a part of the Big Bash for many years so will bring a lot of experience. Vikramjeet Singh, Bas de Leede, and Musa Ahmed are the other players that will beef up the batting lineup.
This is not a bad batting lineup at all although scoring against England is going to be a whole lot more difficult than scoring runs against the West Indies was.
Among the bowlers, Fred Klaassen and Shane Snater have been named in the squad but county commitments may prevent them from being available for the entire series. Klaassen is easily the best bowler that the Netherlands has right now and his availability will make a big difference to the strength of the lineup.
Logan van Beek, Aryan Dutt, and Vivian Kingma are the other bowlers that will be in the squad and hoping to make an impact. There is no doubt that the absence of some county-contracted players has weakened the bowling attack for the Netherlands.
ENG Team News:
England has not taken any chances and has named a very strong ODI squad to tour the Netherlands. Led by Eoin Morgan, the team has a very strong batting line-up comprising Jos Buttler, Jason Roy, Dawid Malan, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, and of course, Morgan himself.
Phil Salt is also in the squad and will get some playing time somewhere along the line but he may not immediately start.
This is an all-star lineup that any team in the world would be proud to have. It shows the strength and depth of English cricket at the moment that they are able to absorb the absence of Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, and Joe Root without batting an eyelid!
The bowling attack is a bit left-arm dominated with Sam Curran, David Payne, and David Willey in the squad. Adil Rashid is the lone spinner although both Livingstone and Ali can contribute in that department as needed.
England is the defending ODI World Cup Champion and it is one of the best team’s in the world. As a bettor, we think you will have to find value in betting markets other than just picking the winner.
Bas de Leede
Scott Edwards (wk)
Pieter Seelaar (c)
Logan van Beek
Eoin Morgan (c)
Jos Buttler (wk)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Small League Team will be added in the night
Who will win today’s match: NED vs ENG ODI Match Fantasy Team
England, the current ODI World Cup holders, will be very confident ahead of this tour. Eoin Morgan will lead a strong squad with big names such as Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali and Liam Livingstone all involved. We expect the Netherlands will give England a couple of scares but overall we are predicting an England win.
England are favorites to beat the Netherlands
NED Key Players:
One of the finest batters in the Netherlands team has been scoring runs consistently in this format. In the series against West Indies, Max returned as the best batter with 159 runs at an average of 59.67.
Bas de Leede:
Over the years, the experienced player has been impressive to win matches for the team. In the last series against West Indies, he scored 42 runs and picked up three wickets.
The talented Netherlands pacer has done well in English domestic cricket and will use his knowledge of the weaknesses and strengths of the opposition. In 76 T20s, He has 25 wickets in 13 ODI matches at an economy of 3.86.
ENG Key Players:
The orange cap holder of Indian Premier League 2022 with 863 runs in 17 games will be one of the key picks for this game.
The flamboyant all-rounder has been terrific with his abilities to contribute to both departments of the game. In seven innings of the T20 Blast 2022, he has scored 164 runs and scalped seven wickets.
The skillful left-arm bowler has been impressive in the white-ball format and can be handy with the bat as well.
NED vs ENG Team Form:
NED Team Form:
- The Netherlands were beaten 3-0 by West Indies in a three-match ODI series at home from May 31 – June 4. Although they lost each game, the winning margin was reduced in each fixture and the final match saw West Indies win by only 20 runs. Exciting opener, Max O’Dowd, top scored in the final ODI, hitting 89 runs from 121 balls and put on 98 for the first wicket with Vikramjit Singh. Medium-fast bowler, Logan van Beek, took 4 wickets across the series and will be charged with leading the attack against England.
ENG Team Form:
- With a home Test series against New Zealand running concurrently with this ODI series, England have selected some new names in their squad for this tour. Gloucestershire’s David Payne and Lancashire’s Luke Wood have been picked for the first time but there are also many familiar names in the England 14. This is England’s first experience of ODI cricket since July 2021 when they beat Pakistan 3-0 in spite of having to select a completely new squad due to illness in the camp. The win over Pakistan highlighted the strength in depth that England have in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Pieter Seelaar (C), Musa Ahmed, Tom Cooper, Bas de Leede, Vikramjit Singh, Shariz Ahmad, Fred Klaassen, Teja Nidamanuru, Max ODowd, Logan van Beek, Clayton Floyd, Scott Edwards, Philippe Boissevain, Aryan Dutt, Vivian Kingma, Ryan Klein, Tim Pringle, Shane Snater.
Eoin Morgan (C), Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Jason Roy, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, David Payne, David Willey, Luke Wood, Jos Buttler, Philip Salt, Brydon Carse, Reece Topley, Adil Rashid.