NED vs NZ Dream11 Prediction for 1st T20i Match
Match: NED vs NZ T20i Match Prediction
Time: 04 Aug, 08:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20i Match
Venue: Sportpark Westvliet – Leidschendam-Voorburg
NED vs NZ Info:
- Max O’Dowd has scored four half-centuries from his last five home international appearances this summer. The opener is an attacking force at the top of the order and is our pick for the Netherlands’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Logan van Beek took 11 wickets in the tournament in Zimbabwe and comes into this game in strong form. He is our tip for the home side’s top wicket taker.
- Finn Allen scored 101 runs from 56 balls in the opening IT20 against Scotland and is very high on confidence. We expect him to be New Zealand’s highest run scorer. Lockie Ferguson is a very experienced T20 performer and he will find any potential pace or bounce in the surface. He is a strong choice for New Zealand’s top wicket taker.
- With his recent form at home, we recommend backing Max O’Dowd to score over 20.5 runs in this series opener.
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sports in the UK and Spar Sports in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on FanCode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be plenty of cloud throughout this fixture and an outside chance of rain in the latter stages. The temperture will be in the early twenties.
This will be the sixth IT20 to take place at the venue and the first since August 2019. We expect a par score to be around 160 on this wicket which will turn from the start.
New Zealand won the toss in both of their recent games in Scotland and chose to bat first each time. The Netherlands also did the same when they won the toss in Zimbabwe. We predict that both captains will want to bat first ahead of this match.
L, W, W, W, W
❌✅ ✅ ✅✅
W, W, W, W, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅✅
NED vs NZ Team News:
NED Team News:
Due to this series taking place at the same time as The Hundred, the Netherlands are without Fred Klaasen who is playing for Manchester Originals and Brandon Glover who is with the Oval Invincibles. Although the bowling attack is weakened without the two pace bowlers, the hosts’ strongest suit is their batting.
NZ Team News:
The visitors have the same squad to select from which toured Ireland and Scotland during July. Martin Guptill did not hit a half-century in either of the IT20 series but we expect him to be at the top of the New Zealand order. Lockie Ferguson may well be rested for the second game but will lead the attack in this match.
Max O Dowd
Bas de Leede
Scott Edwards (c) (wk)
Logan van Beek
Dane Cleaver (wk)
Mitchell Santner (c)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: NED vs NZ T20i Match Fantasy Team
This should be an excellent game with the Netherlands keen to put on a show for their home fans. The hosts were very strong in Zimbabwe but will need to raise their game in all disciplines to challenge New Zealand in this match. We are predicting an exciting clash but expect New Zealand to be too good and to get the win.
New Zealand are favourites to beat Netherlands
NED Key Players:
The right-handed opener was in strong form last month in the T20 World Cup Qualifier B in Zimbabwe and scored a half-century against England in his last home game for the Netherlands.
Bas de Leede:
The 22 year old batting all-rounder has gained a strong reputation this summer. He took wickets in every game in Zimbabwe and scored 91 not-out against USA on July 15.
Logan van Beek:
The New Zealand born fast-medium bowler was the standout bowling performer in last month’s tournament and finished as the leading wicket taker.
NZ Key Players:
The 23 year old impressed in the Scottish leg of the tour, hitting a century in the first IT20 and a fifty in the ODI. He has a strike-rate of 176.83 in this format.
The all-rounder has been one of New Zealand’s best players during this summer tour of England, Ireland and Scotland. He has the ability to win this match with either bat or ball.
The fast bowler has taken eight wickets from his last four international appearances. His extra pace may well be too hot to handle for the Netherlands batters.
NED vs NZ Team Form:
NED Team Form:
- Netherlands come into this game after a strong showing in the competition in Zimbabwe. However, they are not at full strength in the bowling department for this game.
NZ Team Form:
- The Black Caps have been in excellent form in this format and are targeting their sixth successive IT20 victory in this match.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Stephan Myburgh, Max ODowd, Bas de Leede, Tom Cooper, Scott Edwards(w/c), Teja Nidamanuru, Tim Pringle, Logan van Beek, Aryan Dutt, Ryan Klein, Vivian Kingma, Clayton Floyd, Shariz Ahmad, Vikramjit Singh.
Martin Guptill, Finn Allen, Dane Cleaver(w), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner(c), Lockie Ferguson, Ish Sodhi, Jacob Duffy, Blair Tickner, Michael Rippon, Mark Chapman, Ben Sears.