New Zealand vs Afghanistan
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1 Prediction & Tips
Time: 26 Oct, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
NZ vs AFG Dream11 Prediction:
- Opener Devon Conway hit 92 runs from 58 balls in the win over Australia and we are backing him to be New Zealand’s highest run scorer in this match. Trent Boult took 2-24 in Saturday’s fixture and he is our tip for New Zealand’s top wicket taker against Afghanistan.
- Ibrahim Zadran top scored with a run a ball 32 against England and the number three batter is our pick for Afghanistan’s highest run scorer against New Zealand. With the ball, Rashid Khan averages 14.23 in this format and he is a strong choice for New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Both of New Zealand’s openers are in strong form and we recommend backing them to have the highest opening partnership.
NZ vs AFG Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There could be rain throughout the scheduled hours of this game in Melbourne. It will be extremely humid and cloudy from start to finish.
With very long boundaries square of the wicket, expect to see plenty of short pitched bowling in this match. Any score of over 170 will be very hard to chase down.
Fielding first has been the route to winning IT20s in Melbourne over recent games. It would be a surprise if either skipper chose to bat first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, L, W, W, W
L, L, L, L, W
NZ vs AFG TEAM NEWS:
NZ Team News:
Experienced opener Martin Guptill was left out of the side in favour of the in-form Finn Allen ahead of Saturday’s match against Australia with Michael Bracewell, Daryl Mitchell and Adam Milne also on the sidelines. We predict that New Zealand will be unchanged for this game.
AFG Team News:
Although Afghanistan were beaten by England on Saturday, they still took five wickets and we do not expect any changes to their XI. That will mean another appearance for left-arm seamer Fareed Ahmed and Usman Ghani getting picked in the top four.
NZ vs AFG Pre-Toss LineUps:
NZ vs AFG Team Updates:
NZ Team Updates
- New Zealand have made a great start to the tournament as they bagged a comprehensive victory against the Aussies.
- The kiwis showed why they have been termed as one of the favourites to win the tournament as they crushed the Aussies by 89 runs in the opening encounter.
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Devon Conway is having topmost fantasy points in this series for NZ.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position.
- Glenn Phillips and Mark Chapman will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tim Southee and Trent Boult will lead the pace attack of his team.
AFG Team Updates
- As far as the Afghans are concerned they did not have the best of starts to the tournament.
- They found it difficult to adjust to the pacy wickets of Australia as they lost to England by 5 wickets. However, they did put up a decent show with the ball in hand.
- Hazratullah Zazai and Rahmanullah Gurbaz will probably open the inning.
- Ibrahim Zadran will bat at the one-down position.
- Ibrahim Zadran is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Usman Ghani and Najibullah-Zadran will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Nabi will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will do the Wicket Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Mohammad Nabi and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Fazal Haq and Fareed Malik will lead the pace attack of his team.
After losing to England, Afghanistan will be keen to put in a higher level performance against New Zealand. However, they have often struggled against the best teams in international tournaments. New Zealand played very well against Australia and we are predicting another win in this match.
New Zealand are favorites to beat Afghanistan at the odds.
NZ Key Players:
the keeper-batter hit seven fours and two sixes against Australia and now averages a very impressive 57.38 from 26 innings.
the spinner has developed himself into a useful lower order batter over recent years. He dismissed Aaron Finch, Marcus Stoinis and Tim David against Australia in their first game of T20 World Cup 2022.
the left-arm fast bowler has been the leader of New Zealand’s bowling attack for many years. His best figures in IT20s are 4-34.
AFG Key Players:
the 20 year old top order batter averages 30.27 from 14 innings in this format. However, he averages 71 from his last five games.
the all-rounder captains the side and is a steady player with both bat and ball. He bowled Ben Stokes on Saturday but made only three runs with the ball.
the leg-spinner has a strike-rate of every 13.7 balls in IT20s. His best figures in this format are 5-3.
NZ vs AFG Team Forms:
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand have lost only one of their last five games in this format.
AFG Team Form:
Afghanistan are looking to avoid their fifth successive IT20 defeat in this game.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Finn Allen(WK), Devon Conway(WK), Kane Williamson(C), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Adam Milne, Martin Guptill, Daryl-Mitchell, Michael Bracewell
Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(WK), Ibrahim Zadran, Usman Ghani, Najibullah-Zadran, Mohammad Nabi(C), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid-Khan, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Fazal Haq, Fareed Malik, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Qais Ahmad, Saleem Safi, Afsar Zazai(WK), Rahmat Shah, Darwish Rasooli, Gulbadin Naib, Naveen-ul-Haq