New Zealand vs India
2nd T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 20 Nov, 12:00 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd T20 Match
Venue: Bay Oval – Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
NZ vs IND Dream11 Prediction:
- Devon Conway is a very consistent batter across all formats and the opener is well worth backing as New Zealand’s highest run scorer at the Bay Oval. The top four bowlers at this venue in IT20s have been pace bowlers and Lockie Ferguson is a strong choice to be New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this fixture.
- Suryakumar Yadav averages 41.41 with a strike-rate of 179.07 in this format and he is our tip for India’s highest run scorer in the second IT20. With the ball, Arshdeep Singh will get good pace from this surface and he is our pick for India’s top wicket taker in this match.
- We recommend backing Lockie Ferguson to take over 1.5 wickets in this IT20.
NZ vs IND Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on DD Sports, Sky Sports NZ and BT Sports.
Fans can stream the match on Amazon Prime TV.
Weather & Pitch Report:
After the weather ruined the first game of the series, the forecast for Sunday at the Bay Oval is also not looking too encouraging. Temperatures in the high teens with thunderstorms are expected across the evening.
There is pace in this wicket and some short boundaries for batters to take advantage of. A par score will be between 210 – 225 and we expect to see a high number of sixes.
Seven out of seven completed IT20s at Mount Maunganui have been won by the team batting first. As a result, we predict that both captains will not hesitate to choose to bat first if they win the toss.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
N, L, W, L, W
N, L, W, W, L
NZ vs IND TEAM NEWS:
NZ Team News:
When speaking to the broadcasters after the game was finally abandoned in Wellington, New Zealand captain Kane Williamson talked about this series being an opportunity for pace bowlers to show what they can do with Trent Boult out of the squad. There are no injuries in the squad at present.
IND Team News:
Hardik Pandya is leading a comparatively inexperienced team in this series compared to the India side we saw during the 2022 T20 World Cup. We expect to see Arshdeep Singh and Bhuvneshwar Kumar keeping their places in the team and to be joined by Harshal Patel in the pace bowling attack.
NZ vs IND Pre-Toss LineUps:
NZ vs IND Team Updates:
NZ Team Updates
- New Zealand have announced a small squad with just 13 players.
- Trent Boult is not part of the squad and the onus will be on Kane Willamson once again in the batting along with Devon Conway.
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Glenn Phillips and Daryl-Mitchell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Daryl-Mitchell was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Kane Williamson will lead New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tim Southee and Lockie Ferguson will lead the pace attack of his team.
IND Team Updates
- Board has begun planning for the T20 World Cup 2024. Pandya has been identified as the leader in the T20 format.
- The series against a quality New Zealand outfit will test Pandya’s leadership. It will also give a few youngsters an opportunity to show they belong at the top level.
- Players like Sanju Samson, Shubman Gill, Washington Sundar, & Kuldeep Yadav, who were waiting in the wings have a great chance to show their class.
- Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan will probably open the inning.
- Shreyas Iyer will bat at the one-down position.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Hardik Pandya was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Hardik Pandya will lead India as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Rishabh Pant will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Washington Sundar and Yuzvendra Chahal will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Arshdeep Singh and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead the pace attack of his team.
After the players were not even able to warm-up, due to the wet weather in Wellington, both teams will be desperate to get on the field and put on a good show in this match. New Zealand and India have strong pace bowling attacks but it is the home team who have the more experience at this venue and who will be best placed to take advantage of the conditions. As a result, we are backing New Zealand to get the win.
New Zealand are favorites to beat India at odds
NZ Key Players:
the left-handed opener has played only one IT20 at Mount Maunganui before and hit 65 not out from 37 balls against West Indies in that innings.
the powerful middle-order batter has the highest IT20 score, 108, at this venue. He also hit a century during the T20 World Cup and is a fine athletic fielder.
the quick bowler is often not risked and does not play back to back games if he has a slight injury. However, after the washout on Friday, he will be 100% fit and ready for this game.
IND Key Players:
the 32 year old batter is a relatively late-comer to international cricket after making his debut last year. He hit 239 runs at an average of 59.75 in the 2022 T20 World Cup.
the captain is a genuine all-rounder in the team. He top scored for India with 63 runs from 33 balls in their semi-final defeat to England earlier in the month.
the opening bowler was one of the new young stars to emerge from the T20 World Cup in Australia. He regularly took wickets at the start of innings and skillfully bowled the death overs as well.
NZ vs IND Team Forms:
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand have won two, lost two and had one abandonment over their last five IT20s.
IND Team Form:
After the washout in Wellington, India have now won only two of their last four games in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Finn Allen(WK), Devon Conway(WK), Kane Williamson(C), Glenn Phillips, Daryl-Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Lockie Ferguson, Adam Milne, Michael Bracewell
Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya(C), Rishabh Pant(WK), Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik, Harshal Patel, Sanju Samson(WK), Deepak Hooda