New Zealand vs India
1st T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 18 Nov, 12:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20 Match
Venue: Sky Stadium – Wellington, New Zealand
NZ vs IND Dream11 Prediction:
- Devon Conway has hit seven half-centuries in IT20s and the left-handed opener is our tip for New Zealand’s highest run scorer in this opening game. With the ball, we are backing Lockie Ferguson to be New Zealand’s top wicket taker against India. He took seven wickets from his first four matches in the T20 World Cup.
- Suryakumar Yadav was one of the player’s of the World Cup and he is our pick for India’s highest run scorer in this clash. With the ball, Arshdeep Singh has taken 29 wickets from his 19 IT20 appearances since making his debut in July. He is a strong choice for India’s top wicket taker against New Zealand.
- Both Suryakumar Yadav and Shreyas Iyer have been in strong batting form. We recommend backing the bet ‘Suryakumar Yadav and Shreyas Iyer to both hit 3+ fours in the game’.
NZ vs IND Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on DD Sports, Sky Sports NZ and BT Sports.
Fans can stream the match on Amazon Prime TV.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There is plenty of cloud cover and rain forecast for Wellington throughout Friday. It will be humid from start to finish but there are likely to be interruptions due to the weather.
We expect a par score between 150-160 on this surface. The pitch will provide some turn for the spinners but will also have good pace for the quick bowlers.
Six of the last nine IT20s at this venue have been won by the team batting first and we expect both captains to choose to bat first in this game if they win the toss.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, W, L, W, N
L, W, W, L, W
NZ vs IND TEAM NEWS:
NZ Team News:
Although New Zealand will put out a very similar team to what we saw during the T20 World Cup, there will be two big names missing. Martin Guptill, who was not selected for any games in Australia, is out of the squad alongside Trent Boult who gave up his New Zealand central contract a couple of months ago.
IND Team News:
With Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul and Virat Kohli all rested for the duration of this tour, we will see a completely new top three for India in this game. Suryakumar Yadav is expected to be pushed up at least one place in the order to number three with keeper-batter Rishabh Pant likely to open.
NZ vs IND Pre-Toss LineUps:
NZ vs IND Team Updates:
NZ Team Updates
- New Zealand have announced a small squad with just 13 players.
- Trent Boult is not part of the squad and the onus will be on Kane Willamson once again in the batting along with Devon Conway.
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Glenn Phillips and Daryl-Mitchell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Daryl-Mitchell was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Kane Williamson will lead New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tim Southee and Lockie Ferguson will lead the pace attack of his team.
IND Team Updates
- Board has begun planning for the T20 World Cup 2024. Pandya has been identified as the leader in the T20 format.
- The series against a quality New Zealand outfit will test Pandya’s leadership. It will also give a few youngsters an opportunity to show they belong at the top level.
- Players like Sanju Samson, Shubman Gill, Washington Sundar, & Kuldeep Yadav, who were waiting in the wings have a great chance to show their class.
- Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan will probably open the inning.
- Shreyas Iyer will bat at the one-down position.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Hardik Pandya will handle the middle-order batting.
- Hardik Pandya was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Hardik Pandya will lead India as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Rishabh Pant will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Washington Sundar and Yuzvendra Chahal will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Arshdeep Singh and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead the pace attack of his team.
These two losing semi-finalists will be keen to get back to winning ways in IT20s at the first attempt in Wellington. In what may well be a rain-interrupted fixture, there will be very little time for the batters to get used to the conditions. As a result, although we are expecting a close contest, we are backing New Zealand to get the victory in this opening game.
New Zealand are favorites to beat India at the odds
NZ Key Players:
The keeper-batter is one of the most reliable all-format players for New Zealand. This is the only format that he has not scored a century although his top score is 99 not-out.
The right-handed 25 year old hit one of the two centuries in the T20 World Cup. He has passed 100 twice in this format and will be a key wicket for India in this clash.
In the absence of Trent Boult, the right-arm pace bowler will be looking to take the role of New Zealand’s main strike bowler in IT20s. He has the pace to disturb any batter on any surface.
IND Key Players:
He is the leading run scorer in IT20s this year and is the only player to have hit over 1000 runs in this format in 2022. His runs have come across the globe and he won’t change his style in New Zealand.
The all-rounder will skipper the side in this series. He has already won the IPL as captain this year and will get the best out of his team.
The left-arm pace bowler will be taking on New Zealand for the first time in his career but the weather conditions will suit his swing bowling.
NZ vs IND Team Forms:
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand has won only two of their last five games in this format.
IND Team Form:
India has won two and lost two of its last four ODIs.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Finn Allen(WK), Devon Conway(WK), Kane Williamson(C), Glenn Phillips, Daryl-Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Lockie Ferguson, Adam Milne, Michael Bracewell
Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya(C), Rishabh Pant(WK), Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik, Harshal Patel, Sanju Samson(WK), Deepak Hooda