New Zealand vs Ireland
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1 Prediction & Tips
Time: 04 Nov, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1
Venue: Adelaide Oval – Adelaide, Australia
NZ vs IRE Dream11 Prediction:
- Glenn Phillips has scored 166 runs in his last two innings and we are backing the New Zealand middle-order batter to be their highest run scorer against Ireland. Lockie Ferguson has picked up at least one wicket in each match in the tournament and he is a strong choice to be New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Keeper-batter Lorcan Tucker is averaging 47.75 in this competition and he is our pick for Ireland’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Josh Little has eight wickets in this campaign and the left-arm pace bowler is our tip for Ireland’s top wicket taker against New Zealand.
- We recommend backing Lockie Ferguson to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
NZ vs IRE Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be partly cloudy from start to finish of this afternoon fixture in Adelaide. The forecast is for no rain and a top temperature of 19 degrees.
There is something for all players on the surface in Adelaide. Any score of over 170 will be very hard for the team batting second on this pitch.
Four of the last five IT20s at this venue have been won by the team batting first. It would be a surprise if both skippers did not want to bat first ahead of this game.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, W, N, W, L
L, NR, W, L, W
NZ vs IRE TEAM NEWS:
NZ Team News:
The Black Caps were unchanged ahead of their first defeat of the T20 World Cup 2022 in their last game to England in Match 33. None of their players are out of form and Lockie Ferguson, who is always looked after from an injury prevention perspective, is expected to play in the same XI.
IRE Team News:
Andy Balbirnie’s side has been very consistent with their selection across this tournament and over the majority of 2022. They kept the same team who beat England for the match against Australia and, after pushing the hosts close, we expect to see an unchanged XI again for this fixture.
NZ vs IRE Pre-Toss LineUps:
NZ vs IRE Team Updates:
NZ Team Updates
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Glenn Phillips and Daryl-Mitchell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Glenn Phillips is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Trent Boult and Tim Southee will lead the pace attack of his team.
IRE Team Updates
- Andy Balbirnie and Paul Stirling will probably open the inning.
- Lorcan Tucker will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Lorcan Tucker is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Harry Tector and Curtis Campher will handle the middle-order batting.
- Andy Balbirnie will lead the Ireland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lorcan Tucker will do the Wicket-Keeping for Ireland. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Gareth Delany will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Joshua Little and Mark Adair will lead the pace attack of his team.
Ireland will be full of self-belief ahead of this game against New Zealand and will have nothing to lose. We expect them to play with freedom and to take the attack to the Black Caps. However, New Zealand’s batting line-up is one of the strongest in the competition and we expect them to be too good for Ireland’s bowlers. Overall we are predicting a New Zealand victory.
New Zealand are favorites to beat at the odds
NZ Key Players:
The number four batter will have taken confidence from Virat Kohli, Max O’Dowd and Litton Das all scoring half-centuries on this wicket on Wednesday. He has a strike-rate of 147.56 in this format.
The left-handed opener has made single figure scores in his last two innings but still has an IT20 average of 51.85 from 28 innings.
We have seen quick bowlers flourish during the 2022 T20 World Cup. Irrespective of the surface, genuine pace bowlers like Ferguson will always cause problems.
IRE Key Players:
The number three batter scored 71 not out from 48 balls against Australia and he kept their hopes alive of winning that game when all looked lost.
The 30 year old fast medium bowler should enjoy the conditions in Adelaide. He dismissed all of Australia’s top three in Match 31.
The 23 year old bowler went wicketless against Sri Lanka and West Indies but has since returned figures of 2-16 against England and 2-21 against Australia.
NZ vs IRE Team Forms:
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand have won only two of their last five IT20 games.
IRE Team Form:
Ireland have put in a strong performance in this tournament and have lost only two of their last five IT20s.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Finn Allen(WK), Devon Conway(WK), Kane Williamson(C), Glenn Phillips, Daryl-Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Adam Milne, Martin Guptill, Mark Chapman, Michael Bracewell
Andy Balbirnie(C), Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker(WK), Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Gareth Delany, Mark Adair, Fionn Hand, Barry McCarthy, Joshua Little, Graham Hume, Stephen Doheny(WK), Simi Singh, Conor Olphert