New Zealand vs Pakistan
T20 World Cup 1st Semi-Final Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 09 Nov, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup 1st Semi-Final Match
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney, Australia
NZ vs PAK Dream11 Prediction:
- Glenn Phillips hit 104 in New Zealand’s last fixture at the SCG and is averaging 48.75 in the tournament. He is well worth backing as New Zealand’s leading run scorer against Pakistan. Trent Boult took 4-13 in Sydney at the end of last month and the pace bowler is our pick for New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Mohammed Rizwan has hit 924 runs at an average of 46.20 during this calendar year and the opener is our tip for Pakistan’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Shaheen Shah Afridi has recorded combined figures of 7-36 from his last two matches and he is a strong choice for Pakistan’s top wicket taker against New Zealand.
- We recommend backing Trent Boult to take over 1.5 wickets in this fixture.
NZ vs PAK Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudless skies in Sydney with the humidity level increasing slightly to 60%+ in the second half of the match. Expect the temperature to remain in the high teens throughout.
Once the ball gets softer, hitting boundaries becomes harder on this pitch and we expect a par score of around 160 in this game. There will be assistance for the pace and spin bowlers.
England ended a run of eight successive games where the team batting second had not won an IT20 at the SCG. As a result, we predict that both captains will choose to bat first in Sydney.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, L, W, NR,W
W, W, W, L, L
NZ vs PAK TEAM NEWS:
NZ Team News:
Kane Williamson has captained the same team in all but the opening fixture with the fit-again Daryl Mitchell coming back into the side in place of Mark Chapman. There have been no new knocks or unavailability over recent days and we expect to see the same XI again.
PAK Team News:
After dominant wins over Netherlands and South Africa, it was no surprise to see Pakistan keep an unchanged side again in their final group stage game against Bangladesh on Sunday. With no injuries in their squad, we expect to see the same XI for Pakistan against New Zealand.
NZ vs PAK Pre-Toss LineUps:
NZ vs PAK Team Updates:
NZ Team Updates
- New Zealand topped their group and became the first team to qualify for the Semi finals.
- Their skipper scored a brilliant fifty in the last game and that must also give him much needed confidence.
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Glenn Phillips and Daryl-Mitchell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Glenn Phillips is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand as a Captain.
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tim Southee and Lockie Ferguson will lead the pace attack of his team.
PAK Team Updates
- It was no less than a mircale for the Pakistani team to qualify for the Semi finals.
- They had almost lost hopes of them qualifying however Nederlands helped them after upsetting the African team.
- Babar Azam has been completely out of touch in this WC and will be looking to put up a better performance in the crucial match.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam will probably open the inning.
- Mohammad Haris will bat at the one-down position.
- Shan Masood and Iftikhar-Ahmed will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Haris will do the Wicket Keeping for Pakistan.
- Shadab Khan and Iftikhar-Ahmed will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shadab Khan is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Mohammad Wasim and Shaheen Afridi will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Shaheen Afridi was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
Both teams have already won at least one game at the SCG in this tournament and will come into this game full of confidence and good recent memories of the venue. After a very poor start to the competition, Pakistan’s bowlers are now delivering pace, aggression and accuracy but their top order batters have struggled for consistency. In a battle of the batters, we expect New Zealand to come out on top and are backing them to win this match.
New Zealand are favorites to beat Pakistan at the odds.
NZ Key Players:
The 25 year old right-hander has been one of the most impressive batters in the competition. ‘Only one other player has scored a century during this T20 World Cup 2022.
the skipper made his highest score of the tournament with 61 runs from 35 balls against Ireland. The innings backed up his run-a-ball 40 against England on November 1st.
The 33 year old has gone wicketless in his last two matches but he is vastly experienced and performed brilliantly in his last appearance at the SCG.
PAK Key Players:
Although he has had a disappointing tournament by his own high standards, Rizwan has hit scores of 49 and 32 over his last three innings and a big score will not be far away.
The 24 year old spin bowling all-rounder has taken 10 wickets from his last four games. He hit 52 and took 2-16 against South Africa in his last appearance at the SCG.
Shaheen Shah Afridi
The left-arm pace bowler took his time to get going after a period out with injury but returned figures of 3-14 in Sydney last week and 4-22 in Adelaide on Sunday.
NZ vs PAK Team Forms:
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand have lost only one of their last five IT20s.
PAK Team Form:
Having lost their opening two games of this tournament, Pakistan are now targeting their fourth successive win.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Kane Williamson (c), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway (wk), Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee
Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Naseem Shah, Shaheen Afridi, Shan Masood, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Haris