New Zealand vs Bangladesh Women
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 17 Feb, 06:30 PM (IST)
Series: ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match-12
Venue: Newlands – Cape town, South Africa
NZ-W vs BAN-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Suzie Bates has a top score of 124 not out and has hit 23 WT20I half-centuries. The experienced opener is our pick for New Zealand Women’s highest run scorer against Bangladesh Women. Lea Tahuhu took 2-27 against South Africa Women and she is a strong choice for New Zealand Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Nigar Sultana scored an impressive 57 runs from 50 balls against Australia Women and the captain is well worth backing as Bangladesh Women’s highest run scorer in this match. Marufa Akter has taken four wickets across the competition and the teenager is our tip for Bangladesh Women’s top wicket taker against New Zealand Women.
- Very few bowlers have been as consistent as Lea Tahuhu in the tournament so far. We recommend backing her to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash
NZ-W vs BAN-W Live Streaming:
TV Channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be mainly cloudy in Cape Town across this game although there will still be some sunny spells. The forecast is for a top temperature of 24 degrees during the match.
It is a good pitch in Cape Town where all types of bowlers have picked up wickets so far in the tournament. A par score will be around 155 – 160.
New Zealand Women have fielded first in both of their games with Bangladesh Women batting first in their two matches. Our prediction is that Bangladesh Women will be batting first irrespective of who wins the toss.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, W, W, W
L, L, L, L, L
NZ-W vs BAN-W TEAM NEWS:
NZ-W Team News:
There will undoubtedly be calls for changes to the batting line-up after New Zealand Women were dismissed for 76 by Australia Women and 67 by New Zealand Women. However, there are not many viable options in the squad and we expect the order to be changed rather than any new players.
BAN-W Team News:
There were two changes in the Bangladesh Women XI from their opening game defeat to Sri Lanka Women and their second loss to Australia Women. Out went Lata Mondal and Jahanara Alam with Rumana Ahmed and Fatima Khatun coming into the team.
NZ-W vs BAN-W Team Updates:
NZ-W Team Updates –
- Bernadine Bezuidenhout and Suzie Bates will probably open the inning.
- Georgia Plimmer will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Amelia Kerr and Sophie Devine will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sophie Devine will lead the New Zealand Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Maddy Green will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand Women.
- Amelia Kerr and Fran Jonas will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Eden Carson and Hayley Jensen will lead the pace attack of her team.
- Eden Carson was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match
BAN-W Team Updates –
- Murshida Khatun and Shamima-Sultana will probably open the inning.
- Sobhana Mostary will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Nigar Sultana and Shorna Akter will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nigar Sultana was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Nigar Sultana will lead the Bangladesh Women as a Captain. She was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Shamima-Sultana will do the Wicket Keeping for Bangladesh Women.
- Salma Khatun will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Marufa Akter and Nahida Akter will lead the pace attack of her team.
- Marufa Akter is having topmost fantasy points in this series
Neither team have anything to lose in this game and know that they must win to give themselves any chance of finishing in the top two of Group 1 and progressing to the semi-final. After four ducks for their openers from their first two games, we expect New Zealand Women’s top order to deliver some good scores in this match. Our prediction is for New Zealand Women to win this game.
New Zealand Women are favorites to beat Bangladesh Women
NZ-W Key Players:
Suzie Bates –
After a golden duck against Australia Women, the talented right-handed opener lasted only one additional ball against South Africa Women. We expect her to find some form in this game.
Sophie Devine –
The captain dropped down the order to number five and top scored in the heavy defeat to South Africa Women. We expect to see her back at the top of the order in this match.
Lea Tahuhu –
Although it has been a very disappointing start to the tournament for her team, the right-arm medium fast bowler has impressed by picking up five wickets already.
BAN-W Key Players:
Nigar Sultana –
The skipper has scored 85 runs so far in the 2023 Women’s T20 World Cup. She hit seven fours and a six in Match 8.
Shorna Akter –
The 16 year old all-rounder caught the eye against Australia Women. She hit the second highest score for her side and got the big wicket of Alyssa Healy.
Marufa Akter –
the 18 year old medium fast bowler took 3-23 against Sri Lanka Women in Match 5 and showed it was no fluke by also dismissing Beth Mooney against Australia Women.
NZ-W vs BAN-W Team Forms:
NZ-W Team Form:
New Zealand Women have been beaten by 97 runs by Australia Women and 65 runs by South Africa Women so far in the Women’s T20 World Cup 2023.
BAN-W Team Form:
Bangladesh Women have been comfortably beaten in both of their matches so far in the competition and have not won a game in this format since October.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
NZ-W vs BAN-W SQUAD:
New Zealand Women (NZ-W):
Bernadine Bezuidenhout(WK), Suzie Bates, Georgia Plimmer, Amelia Kerr, Sophie Devine(C), Maddy Green(WK), Hayley Jensen, Lea Tahuhu, Jess Kerr, Eden Carson, Fran Jonas, Molly Penfold, Hannah Rowe, Lauren Down, Brooke Halliday.
Bangladesh Women (BAN-W):
Murshida Khatun, Shamima-Sultana(WK), Sobhana Mostary, Nigar Sultana(WK)(C), Shorna Akter, Rumana Ahmed, Ritu Moni, Salma Khatun, Nahida Akter, Fahima Khatun, Marufa Akter, Jahanara Alam, Sharmin Akhter, Fargana Hoque, Lata Mondal, Rabeya Khatun, Disha Biswas, Shanjida Akther Maghla