NZ-W vs SA-W Dream11 Prediction for Women T20 Commonwealth Games Prediction
Match: NZ-W vs SA-W T20 Match Prediction
Time: 30 July, 03:30 PM (IST)
Series: Women T20 Commonwealth Games
Venue: Edgbaston Cricket Ground – Edgbaston, England
NZ-W vs SA-W Info:
- Sophie Devine has scored seven international centuries and hit two fifties in her last three T20 appearances. We expect the captain to be New Zealand Women’s highest run scorer at Edgbaston. Lea Tahuhu often finds swing and movement when others do not. The cloud cover will assist the right arm bowler and she is our tip for New Zealand Women’s top wicket taker.
- Laura Wolvaardt was very impressive during the 2022 Women’s World Cup and often goes up a level in these high profile competitions. She is our pick for South Africa’s highest run scorer against New Zealand Women. With the ball, Ayabonga Khaka was at times unplayable against England Women earlier this month. She knows how to exploit English conditions and she is a strong choice for New Zealand Women’s top wicket taker in this clash.
- We rate Laura Wolvaardt as one of the best batters in the women’s game at the moment. We predict that she will hit a score of over 20.5.
NZ-W vs SA-W Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BBC One and BBC Two.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on the BBC iPlayer.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Humid and cloudy from start to finish of this game. The temperature will reach 22 degrees in the second innings of the match.
As with all games at Edgbaston, this pitch will have plenty of consistent bounce and carry. The overhead conditions will certainly assist the swing bowlers across the match.
The conditions will be most humid at the start of the game but we do not expect this to play a huge part in the decisions of the skippers. Both teams are strongest in bowling and we predict they will both want to field first.
W, L W, L, W
✅ ❌ ✅ ❌ ✅
L, L L, W, W
❌❌ ❌ ✅ ✅
NZ-W vs SA-W Team News:
NZ-W Team News:
The White Ferns have arrived in Birmingham with a strong squad although they do not have all of their top players available. Batter Lauren Down pulled out of the tournament to prioritise her well being with swing bowler Jess Kerr still not fully recovered from the foot injury she sustained during the Women’s World Cup.
SA-W Team News:
Three players who were originally selected in the South Africa Women squad for the tournament will not be available throughout the competition. Marizanne Kapp flew home for family reasons with Trisha Chetty and Tumi Sekhukhune out injured. Delmi Tucker and Tazmin Brits were added to the squad and we expect both to play in this match.
NZ-W vs SA-W Pre-Toss Lineups:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
ℹ️ Get Grand League Team at the bottom of this post.
Who will win today’s match: NZ-W vs SA-W Women T20 Match Fantasy Team
Although neither team are among the favourites for the Gold Medal, both will fancy their chances of challenging for a Bronze Medal at the 2022 Commonwealth Games. New Zealand Women and South Africa Women both play aggressive cricket and this should be an excellent match. We are backing New Zealand Women to win a close clash.
New Zealand Women are favorites to beat South Africa Women
NZ-W Key Players:
The skipper is one of the strongest players in women’s cricket with both bat and ball. Her medium pace bowling will get plenty of assistance from the pitch and the weather conditions.
The experienced international has scored over 8400 runs for her country. She has previously playerd in the UK in the Kia Super League and will be able to hit the ground running in this game.
The right arm medium fast bowler will enjoy the pace in the wicket in Birmingham. She took 10 wickets in the Women’s World Cup earlier this year.
SA-W Key Players:
The 23 year old right hander has been South Africa’s standout batter over the last year. She will benefit from the pace of the wicket at Edgbaston.
The batting all-rounder hit 61 runs from 57 balls at Worcester on July 23rd. She was South Africa Women’s highest run scorer during the WT20I series with England Women and has enjoyed the local conditions.
The right arm medium bowler brings experience and good form into the tournament. She took 3-13 in the WT20I at Chelmsford.
NZ-W vs SA-W Team Info:
NZ-W Team Updates:
- New Zealand have not played a T20I match since February, when they competed was against India.
- They then played the WODI World Cup, which was also their last appearance in international cricket.
- Suzie Bates and Sophie Devine will probably open the inning.
- Amelia Kerr will bat at the one-down position.
- Maddy Green and Brooke Halliday will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sophie Devine will lead the New Zealand Women as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Jessica McFadyen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand Women.
- Amelia Kerr will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Lea Tahuhu and Rosemary Mair will lead the pace attack of her team.
SA-W Team Updates:
- South Africa recently faced England in a multi-format series and ended up losing both ODIs and T20Is by 3-0.
- Lara Goodall and Anneke Bosch will probably open the inning.
- Sune Luus will bat at the one-down position.
- Laura Wolvaardt and Mignon Du Preez will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sune Luus will lead the South Africa Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Sinalo Jafta will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa Women.
- Sune Luus and Chloe Tryon will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Chloe Tryon was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Ayabonga Khaka and Shabnim Ismail will lead the pace attack of her team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
New Zealand Women:
Suzie Bates, Sophie Devine(C), Amelia Kerr, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Jessica McFadyen(WK), Lea Tahuhu, Hayley Jensen, Hannah Rowe, Claudia Green, Rosemary Mair, Georgia Plimmer, Fran Jonas, Izzy Gaze(WK), Eden Carson.
South Africa Women:
Lara Goodall, Anneke Bosch, Sune Luus(C), Laura Wolvaardt, Mignon Du Preez, Chloe Tryon, Delmi Tucker, Sinalo Jafta(WK), Nadine de Klerk, Ayabonga Khaka, Shabnim Ismail, Tazmin Brits, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Trisha Chetty(WK), Masabata Klaas, Tumi Sekhukhune.