Pakistan vs England
T20 World Cup Final Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 13 Nov, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Final Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne, Australia
- Mohammad Rizwan scored 57 runs from 43 balls in the semi-final win and the opener is our pick for Pakistan’s highest run scorer in this game. Shaheen Shah Afridi has been in excellent form and took 2-24 against New Zealand. The pace bowler is well worth backing as Pakistan’s top wicket taker against England.
- Jos Buttler hit 80 not out from 49 balls against India and the England captain is our tip for their highest run scorer against Pakistan. With the ball, Adil Rashid was very impressive in the semi-final and the spinner is a strong choice for England’s top wicket taker in the final.
- Only Suryakumar Yadav has hit more IT20 runs than Mohammad Rizwan in 2022. We recommend backing him to hit over 39.5 runs in this match.
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Thunderstorms are forecast throughout the day in Melbourne on Sunday and there is a high chance of rain interruptions during the final.
A par score on this wicket will be over 170 and there will not be a great deal of assistance for the quick bowlers from the pitch. Overhead conditions could be more favourable to the fast and swing bowlers.
The last two IT20s at the MCG have been won by the team batting first and we predict that both captains will choose to bat first if they win the toss ahead of the final.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, W, W, W, L
W, W, W, N, L
PAK Team News:
Babar Azam has taken to the field with the same team in the last two games and we do not anticipate any changes to the XI ahead of this match. There are no injuries in the Pakistan squad with Shaheen Shah Afridi now back to full fitness.
ENG Team News:
As expected, Dawid Malan was unable to return from injury for the semi-final game and it is highly unlikely that he will be available for the final. Mark Wood also missed the match against India but, as England’s fastest bowler, is expected to be risked in this fixture.
PAK vs ENG Pre-Toss LineUps:
PAK Team Updates
- Pakistan has appeared out of nowhere and now are in the finals.
- They played some wonderful cricket in the last few of their matches and will be looking to win the title.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam will probably open the inning.
- Mohammad Haris will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shan Masood and Iftikhar-Ahmed will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Haris will do the Wicket Keeping for Pakistan.
- Shadab Khan and Iftikhar-Ahmed will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shadab Khan is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Shaheen Afridi and Mohammad Wasim will lead the pace attack of his team.
ENG Team Updates
- Alex Hales (86* off 47) and Jos Buttler (80* off 49) put on a T20 batting masterclass – and a World Cup record highest partnership of 170 – to decimate India by 10 wickets and set up a final date with Pakistan.
- The English opening pair, however, made it look pedestrian with their aggressive knocks and overhauled the target with four overs to spare in a statement win ahead of the title clash.
- Jos Buttler and Alex Hales will probably open the inning.
- Philip Salt will bat at the one-down position.
- Ben Stokes and Liam Livingstone will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jos Buttler will lead England as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points, gainer, in the previous match.
- Philip Salt will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Adil Rashid will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Chris Woakes and Chris Jordan will lead the pace attack of his team.
After an incredible 2022 T20 World Cup full of shocks and brilliant contests, the tournament concludes with this final. England were very impressive against a strong India side on Thursday but they will need their openers to produce a similar batting performance in this game. Overall, we think that Pakistan’s bowlers will cause England’s batters problems and are backing Pakistan to win the game and the tournament.
Pakistan are favorites to beat England at the odds
PAK Key Players:
The keeper-batter took the Player of the Match Award in the semi-final. He has hit 89 runs across his last two innings and scored four half-centuries during the bi-lateral series against England in September.
The captain had been struggling to contribute with the bat before hitting 53 runs from 42 balls against New Zealand. He averages 41.53 in IT20s.
Shaheen Shah Afridi
The opening bowler has taken 10 wickets from his last four games and dismissed Finn Allen in the opening over of the semi-final of T20 World cup 2022. He then returned to get the wicket of Kane Williamson.
ENG Key Players:
The England skipper is averaging 49.75 in the tournament and is the big wicket that Pakistan will target at the start of England’s innings.
The bowling all-rounder went wicketless in the semi-final but has been one of the most impressive bowlers in the tournament with 10 wickets at an average of 13.60.
The leg-spinner conceded only 20 runs in his four overs against India and picked up the key wicket of Suryakumar Yadav.
PAK Team Form:
Pakistan have turned their form around during the competition. After losing to India and Zimbabwe in their opening matches, they are now targeting their fourth victory.
ENG Team Form:
England have won their last three games in the 2022 T20 World Cup. After losing to Ireland and seeing their game with Australia washed out, England have responded by playing some excellent cricket.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Mohammad Rizwan(WK), Babar Azam(C), Mohammad Haris(WK), Shan Masood, Iftikhar-Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Naseem-Shah, Khushdil-Shah, Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Qadir, Asif Ali, Shahnawaz Dhani
Jos Buttler(WK)(C), Alex Hales, Philip Salt(WK), Ben Stokes, Liam Livingstone, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Chris Jordan, Luke Wood, Dawid Malan, Liam Dawson, David Willey, Richard Gleeson, Tymal Mills, Mark Wood