PAK vs NZ Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: PAK vs NZ ODI Match Prediction
Time: 17 September, 02:30 PM (IST)
Venue: Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium – Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- Pakistan have a high performing top order in their batting line-up. We are backing captain Babar Azam to be the home team’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Haris Rauf has taken 13 wickets in ODIs this year. He is our tip for Pakistan’s top wicket taker in this opening ODI.
- New Zealand’s captain Tom Latham was the top run scorer from both sides in the recent IT20 series in Bangladesh. He is a strong bet for New Zealand’s highest run scorer against Pakistan. Ajaz Patel is yet to make his ODI debut but was in excellent form in Bangladesh and is our recommendation for New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this match.
- We expect the performances of the two captains to be crucial to their team’s chance in this game. Our prediction is for Babar Azam to take the Player of The Match Award.
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on T Sports, B TV and Gazi TV in Bangladesh. Spark Sports will show live coverage in New Zealand.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The last game in Rawalpindi ended in a tie with both Pakistan and Zimbabwe hitting 278. Any score above 300 should be a very competitive total to defend.
With an inexperienced bowling line-up, we expect Tom Latham to choose to bat first in this match. Our expectation is that Babar Azam would choose to field first in Rawalpindi.
L, L, L, W, L
❌ ❌ ❌ ✅ ❌
W, W, W, L, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ✅
PAK Team News:
After being whitewashed by England back in July, Pakistan will be very grateful to be back on home soil and are at full strength for this opening ODI. They have a very strong batting line-up with plenty of match winners in the bowling department at the ready.
NZ Team News:
Who will win today match: PAK vs NZ ODI Match Fantasy Team
New Zealand gave a strong account of themselves against Bangladesh earlier this month but we expect ODIs against Pakistan in Pakistan to be a tougher proposition. We are predicting a competitive game with Pakistan’s top order the difference between the sides as they go 1-0 up.
PAK Key Players:
The multi-format captain hit 125 in the last ODI in Rawalpindi and will be looking to add to his 14 ODI centuries in this match.
The opener has taken international cricket by storm since October 2017. He has an average of 49.34 from 46 ODIs.
After making his ODI debut in January 2020, Pakistan’s in-form fast bowler has taken wickets in all but one of his ODI appearances in 2021.
NZ Key Players:
The captain had not played IT20 cricket for many years before leading the side impressively in Bangladesh. Latham has hit 5 centuries in ODIs.
The left-arm spinner should make his ODI debut in this match after outperforming all other bowlers in the IT20 series in Bangladesh.
PAK Team Form:
- Pakistan’s form in this format is poor but they are a much stronger side on home soil and will not be daunted by this opening ODI.
NZ Team Form:
- New Zealand were in excellent form in this format when they last played an ODI but this is a very different side that will be on show in this match.
Henry Nicholls, Tom Latham(w/c), Finn Allen, Colin de Grandhomme, Daryl Mitchell, Will Young, Scott Kuggeleijn, Rachin Ravindra, Jacob Duffy, Cole McConchie, Hamish Bennett, Doug Bracewell, Matt Henry, Ajaz Patel, Blair Tickner.
Player Form Sheet:
West Indies Womens ODI:
South Africa Womens ODI:
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.