Pakistan vs New Zealand
1st ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 09 Jan, 03:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: National Stadium – Karachi, Pakistan
PAK vs NZ Dream11 Prediction:
- Pakistan’s captain, Babar Azam, averages 59.79 from 90 innings in this format. He is well worth backing as their highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Haris Rauf has best ODI figures of 4-65 and he is our tip for Pakistan’s top wicket taker against New Zealand.
- Tom Latham has scored seven ODI centuries and the left-hander is a strong choice for New Zealand’s highest run scorer in this game. Tim Southee took his 200th ODI wicket in the last series and the experienced swing bowler is our pick for New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this ODI.
- Babar Azam had a remarkable 2022 in Tests, ODIs and T20Is. We recommend backing him to hit over 36.5 runs in this clash.
PAK vs NZ Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports, Sky Sports Cricket, Super Sports and Fox Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be warm with the temperature in the mid-high 20s during the first half of this game. Expect plenty of humidity the later this game goes.
We expect a par score to be between 300 and 320 in this game. There will be low, skiddy bounce but also some turn for the spinners.
With humid conditions expected in the second half of the match, we predict that both teams will want to field first in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, W, W
N, N, W, L, L
PAK vs NZ TEAM NEWS:
PAK Team News:
It has been a disappointing six weeks of Test cricket at home for Pakistan with five games yielding zero wins against New Zealand and England. However, this is a format they enjoy and, after lacking pace options in the Tests, they have greater depth available with their quick bowling in this match.
NZ Team News:
Tall pace bowler Matt Henry has been ruled out of this and the other two ODIs in the series after suffering an injury in the field during the final day of the Test series. No replacement has been called up as yet and they will not be available for this opening match.
PAK vs NZ Pre-Toss LineUps:
PAK vs NZ Team Updates:
PAK Team Updates
- Imam-ul Haq and Fakhar Zaman will probably open the inning.
- Babar Azam will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shan Masood and Mohammad Rizwan will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket Keeping for Pakistan.
- Mohammad Nawaz and Agha Salman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Agha Salman was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Haris Rauf and Naseem-Shah will lead the pace attack of his team.
NZ Team Updates
- Finn Allen and Devon Conway will probably open the inning.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Tom Latham and Glenn Phillips will handle the middle-order batting.
- Tom Latham was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Finn Allen will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Ish Sodhi and Michael Bracewell will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tim Southee and Matt Henry will lead the pace attack of his team.
Although the Test series finished 0-0, it was very entertaining with the final game still undecided heading into the last over before bad light intervened. The two sides are very well matched and we expect a close series as well as a close opening fixture. Pakistan have the advantage of home conditions and their batters have all made plenty of ODI runs on these pitches. Our prediction is for Pakistan win.
Pakistan are favorites to beat New Zealand
PAK Key Players:
Babar Azam –
the skipper is an exceptional player across all formats and scored four centuries in five ODI innings from July 2021 – June 2022.
Mohammad Rizwan –
the keeper-batter recently lost his place in the Test side and we expect to see him with a determined attitude to prove his worth in the team in this format.
Haris Rauf –
the quick bowler missed the majority of the Tests against England and New Zealand through injury but has an excellent international white ball record.
NZ Key Players:
Tom Latham –
the keeper-batter hit 145 not out, his highest ODI score, in his last game in this format, against India in late November.
Kane Williamson –
the former Test skipper retains the leadership for this format and averages 47.68 from 150 ODI innings. He was in excellent form during the Test series.
Tim Southee –
although the pitches and conditions are not usually conducive to swing bowling, Southee will be a big threat if he is able to bowl in humid conditions in the second half of the match.
PAK vs NZ Team Forms:
PAK Team Form:
Pakistan come into this ODI looking to make it nine successive wins. This run takes them back to March 2021.
NZ Team Form:
New Zealand’s last two ODIs delivered no results and they had won only two of their previous five games in the format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Imam-ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam(C), Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan(WK), Agha Salman, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim, Shahnawaz Dhani, Naseem-Shah, Haris Rauf, Haris Sohail, Tayyab Tahir, Usama Mir, Mohammad Hasnain, Kamran Ghulam
New Zealand (NZ):
Finn Allen(WK), Devon Conway, Kane Williamson(C), Tom Latham(WK), Glenn Phillips, Daryl-Mitchell, Michael Bracewell, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Matt Henry, Blair Tickner, Lockie Ferguson, Mitchell Santner, Henry Shipley, Henry Nicholls