PAK vs WI Dream11 Prediction for 1st ODI Match
Match: PAK vs WI ODI Match Prediction
Time: 08 May, 04:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: Multan Cricket Stadium – Multan, Pakistan
PAK vs WI Info:
- Babar Azam has hit three tons and a half-century in his last four ODIs. The Pakistan skipper is our pick for their highest run scorer in this match. Shaheen Shah Afridi took 2-40 in the final ODI against Australia in Lahore in April and we expect the left-arm quick bowler to be Pakistan’s top wicket taker against West Indies.
- Opener Shai Hope scored 119 not-out in the first ODI against the Netherlands last week and is a fine batter in this format. Hope is our tip for West Indies’ highest run scorer against Pakistan. With the ball, Hayden Walsh picked up wickets in all three games against the Netherlands and he is a strong choice for West Indies’ top wicket taker in this game.
- The Pakistan captain is a very consistent player across all formats. We recommend backing him to score over 40.5 runs in this opening fixture of the series.
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sony Sports in India, A Sports and PTV in Pakistan, and Flow Sports in West Indies.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on the Sony Liv app.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It is going to be extremely hot in this game even though the match will not begin until 16:00. The temperature will fall from 44 to 38 degrees during this ODI.
This will be the first ODI in Multan since Pakistan beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets in April 2008. Expect a pitch with pace but also one which will turn for the spinners.
In the seven ODIs at this venue, only once has the captain who has won the toss chosen to field first. We predict that both skippers will choose to bat first in this match.
W, W, L, L, L
✅ ✅ ❌❌ ❌
W, W, W, L, L
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ❌
PAK vs WI Team News:
PAK Team News:
This will be Pakistan’s first game since early April when they lost the one-off T20I against Australia after winning the ODI series. We expect Pakistan to have a very similar team to the one which beat Australia with the exception of the returning Shadab Khan who missed that series with a groin injury.
WI Team News:
Shermon Lewis and Jayden Seales both made their ODI debuts in the 20 run victory over the Netherlands on Saturday and we expect both to retain their places in the team for this game. Kyle Mayers and Shamarh Brooks both hit their first ODI centuries on Saturday.
1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Imam-ul Haq
3. Babar Azam(C)
4. M Rizwan(WK)
7. Shadab Khan
8. Hasan Ali
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Haris Rauf
11. Shahnawaz Dhani
1. Shai Hope(WK)
2. Shamarh Brooks
3. Nkrumah Bonner
4. N Pooran(WK)(C)
5. Brandon King
6. Keacy Carty
7. Kyle Mayers
8. Jayden Seales
9. Shermon Lewis
10. Hayden Walsh
11. Akeal Hosein
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Small League Team will be added on match day
Who will win today’s match: PAK vs WI ODI Match Fantasy Team
With Pakistan beating Australia in their last two ODIs and West Indies winning all three of their matches against the Netherlands, we have two teams coming into this game full of confidence. Overall, we predict that Pakistan will be too strong for West Indies and are backing the home side to win.
Pakistan are favorites to beat West Indies
PAK Key Players:
The captain was in fine form against Australia in all formats earlier this year. He averages 59.18 in ODIs after 84 innings.
The bowling all-rounder is a fine white ball player and does an excellent job of balancing the team. He is as dangerous with the bat as he is with the ball.
Shaheen Shah Afridi:
The fast bowler is equally as effective with the new ball as he is towards the end of the innings. The 22-year-old has picked up 4+ wickets in seven ODIs.
WI Key Players:
The right-handed keeper-batter has struggled to establish himself in the Test or T20I side but is one of the first names on the team sheet in ODIs. He averages 51.30 in this format.
The left-handed skipper comes with a very strong batting record in white ball cricket. Although he struggled in the Netherlands, he hit half-centuries for Sunrisers Hyderabad in this year’s IPL.
The right arm pace bowler took 1-36 and 2-30 in the opening two matches in the series against the Netherlands. He was rested for the final ODI and will be fresh for this game.
PAK vs WI Team Info:
PAK Team Updates:
- Pakistan last played Australia at home for a full-fledged series involving three Tests, three ODIs and a T20I.
- While they lost the Test series and T20I against the visitors, they managed to clinch the ODI series by 2-1.
- Their previous squad of 21 members has been cut down to 16 this time for the Caribbean series.
- Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul Haq will probably open the inning.
- Imam-ul Haq was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Babar Azam will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Iftikhar-Ahmed will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket Keeping for Pakistan.
- Shadab Khan and Iftikhar-Ahmed will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shaheen Afridi and Hasan Ali will lead the pace attack of his team.
WI Team Updates:
- The West Indies are coming off of a 3-0 series win against the Netherlands.
- The West Indies are coming off of a 3-0 series win against the Netherlands. Nicholas Pooran had a great start to his captaincy campaign. He was named the skipper of the side after former captain Kieron Pollard decided to retire from international cricket.
- The Caribbean side will be looking to carry their momentum from their previous series when they start their Pakistan tour.
- Shai Hope and Shamarh Brooks will probably open the inning.
- Nkrumah Bonner will bat at the one-down position.
- Nicholas Pooran and Brandon King will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nicholas Pooran will lead the West Indies as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Shai Hope will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies.
- Akeal Hosein and Hayden Walsh will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jayden Seales and Shermon Lewis will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul Haq, Babar Azam(C), Mohammad Rizwan(WK), Iftikhar-Ahmed, Khushdil-Shah, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Shahnawaz Dhani, Mohammad Nawaz, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Wasim, Mohammad Haris(WK), Zahid Mehmood.
Shai Hope(WK), Shamarh Brooks, Nkrumah Bonner, Nicholas Pooran(WK)(C), Brandon King, Keacy Carty, Kyle Mayers, Jayden Seales, Shermon Lewis, Hayden Walsh, Akeal Hosein, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Alzarri Joseph, Anderson Phillip.