PBKS vs KOL Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Playing 11, Pitch Report, Team Info & Dream11 Team for 2nd IPL-23 Match Team and Analysis
IPL 2023 Match-2 Prediction
Match: PBKS vs KOL Fantasy Team Prediction
Time: 01 April, 03:30 PM (IST)
Series:: Indian Premier League 2023
Venue: Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium.
Matches Played 30
PBKS Won 10
KOL Won 20
No Result/Tie 00
W, L, W, L, W
L, W, W, L, W
- Shikhar Dhawan has scored 6244 runs across his IPL career and the opening batter is our pick for Punjab Kings’ highest run scorer against Kolkata Knight Riders. With the ball, Arshdeep Singh is a wicket-taking threat at the start and end of an innings. He is well worth backing as Punjab Kings’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz has already hit over 3100 T20 runs at the age of 21. He is our tip for Kolkata Knight Riders’ highest run scorer in this clash. Lockie Ferguson was very effective in the second half of the 2021 IPL and has taken 25 wickets across the last two IPLs. He is a strong choice for Kolkata Knight Riders’ top wicket taker on Saturday.
- Shikhar Dhawan has a top score of 88 and above across the last five IPL tournaments. We recommend selecting him to hit over 31.5 runs in this match.
- Punjab Kings will take on KOL in TATA IPL on Saturday, 01 April 2023 at 03:30 PM IST.
- The 2nd match will see the Punjab Kings facing off against the Kolkata Knight Riders team. Just before the start of IPL 2023 season, the Punjab Kings suffered a huge blow as their premier batsman Jonny Bairstow was ruled out of the entire tournament due to fitness issues.
- On the other Hand, Kolkata team has suffered a huge blow, their captain Shreyas Iyer got ruled out due to back injury and they are yet to announce their new captain.
Live Streaming: Fans in India can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar & Jio Cinema.
The match can be watched live on Star Sports in India, Sky Cricket in the UK, and Willow TV in the USA.
With 61.2% of T20 games won by teams batting second at this venue, we predict that both captains will want to field first ahead of this match.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The forecast is for very humid conditions on Saturday afternoon in Mohali although we do not expect any rain to interrupt the match.
There is always something in this pitch for batters as well as quick and spin bowlers. A par total in this game will be around 175-180.
Venue Scoring Pattern in T20s
Total matches: 56
Matches won batting first: 24
Matches won bowling first: 32
Average 1st Inns scores: 166
PBKS Team News:
With Liam Livingstone injured and Kagiso Rabada on international duty with South Africa, Punjab Kings will not be at their best in this match. However, they have a fine group of overseas players to select from ahead of their opening game of IPL 2023.
KOL Team News:
With Bangladesh completing their IT20 series with Ireland on Friday, Kolkata Knight Riders will be without the talented keeper-batter Litton Das and all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan for this game. Captain, Shreyas Iyer, is out of this and future games with a persistent back injury
2. P Singh(WK)
3. L Livingstone/M Short
4. B Rajapaksa(WK)
5. Jitesh Sharma(WK)
6. Shahrukh Khan
7. Sam Curran
8. Nathan Ellis
9. Rahul Chahar
10. Harpreet Brar
11. Arshdeep Singh
2. R Gurbaz(WK)
3. Nitish Rana(C)
5. Andre Russell
6. Rinku Singh
7. Shakib Al Hasan
8. Sunil Narine
9. Shardul Thakur
10. Umesh Yadav
11. V Chakravarthy
PBKS Team Info –
- The Punjab Kings (PBKS) will be very much desperate to end their long-awaited drought and finally win the prestigious title.
- Incidentally, the Punjab Kings have also failed to qualify for the playoffs during the last few editions of the Indian Premier League and thus, they definitely need to up their game both in the batting as well as bowling departments.
- With a new captain in Shikhar Dhawan, Punjab Kings will start off their IPL 2023 campaign against Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Prabhsimran Singh will probably open the inning.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa will bat at the one-down position.
- Liam Livingstone and Jitesh Sharma will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shikhar Dhawan will lead the Punjab Kings as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Prabhsimran Singh will do the Wicket Keeping for Punjab Kings.
- Liam Livingstone and Rahul Chahar will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Arshdeep Singh and Nathan Ellis will lead the pace attack of his team.
KOL Team Info –
- KKR Suffered a huge blow as their captain Shreyas Iyer has been ruled out due to injury.
- All eyes will be on Nitish Rana , who will take care of the Captaincy duties.
- Venkatesh Iyer and Rahmanullah Gurbaz/Litton Das will probably open the inning.
- Nitish Rana will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Nitish Rana was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Mandeep-Singh and Andre Russell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nitish Rana will lead the KOL as a Captain in absence of Shreyas Iyer who got ruled out due to injury.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will do the Wicket Keeping for KOL.
- Sunil Narine and Varun Chakravarthy will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shardul Thakur and Umesh Yadav will lead the pace attack of his team.
Although both teams finished in mid-table last year, they were both involved in plenty of exciting and entertaining matches across the tournament. We expect this to be a competitive fixture without one team running away with the game too early. Overall, we think Punjab Kings have more match-winners with the bat and ball. We are predicting a win for Punjab Kings.
Punjab Kings have a 67% chance to win this match
Kolkata Knight Riders have a 33% chance to win this match
Top 3 Key Players:
only Virat Kohli has scored more IPL runs than the Punjab Kings skipper. He has hit the most fours of any player in the history of the competition.
the short left-handed batting and bowling all-rounder won the Player of the Series Award in the 2022 T20 World Cup. He is a natural stroke maker.
the left-arm pace bowler enjoyed a very strong start to international cricket last year and has taken 28 wickets across the last two IPLs.
the Afghanistan opener is from a generation of players who only know how to attack in this format of the game. He is yet to play in the IPL and will be excited about making an impact in this game.
the bowling all-rounder has become a consistent international performer for India over recent years. He has 82 wickets across his IPL career.
the New Zealand right-arm fast bowler has had injury problems over recent years but comes into this game without any niggles or injuries
PBKS Team Form:
Punjab Kings struggled for consistency across the campaign in 2022 but did win three of their final five matches in the competition.
KOL Team Form:
Kolkata Knight Riders had a very bad run during the middle section of the 2022 competition, losing five successive games. However, they ended the season with three wins from their final five matches.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Punjab Kings (PBKS) Squad:
Shikhar Dhawan(C), Prabhsimran Singh(WK), Matthew Short, Liam Livingstone, Bhanuka Rajapaksa(WK), Jitesh Sharma(WK), Shahrukh Khan, Sam Curran, Nathan Ellis, Rahul Chahar, Harpreet Brar, Arshdeep Singh, Harpreet Singh, Shivam Singh, Baltej Singh, Kagiso Rabada, Vidwath Kaverappa, Sikandar Raza, Mohit Rathee, Atharva Taide, Rajangad Bawa, Rishi Dhawan.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KOL) Squad:
Venkatesh Iyer, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(WK), Nitish Rana(C), Mandeep-Singh, Andre Russell, Rinku Singh, Shakib Al Hasan, Sunil Narine, Shardul Thakur, Umesh Yadav, Varun Chakravarthy, Kulwant Khejroliya, Suyash Sharma, Vaibhav Arora, Shreyas Iyer, David Wiese, Liton Das(WK), Narayan Jagadeesan(WK), Anukul Sudhakar Roy, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Harshit Rana.