Pretoria Capitals vs Sunrisers Eastern Cape
SA20 T20 Final Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 11 Feb, 08:00 PM (IST)
Series: SA20 T20 Final Match
Venue: Wanderers Stadium – Johannesburg, SA
PRE vs EAC Dream11 Prediction:
- Phil Salt is a fine attacking batter at the top of the order and the Englishman is a strong choice for Pretoria Capitals’ highest run scorer against Sunrisers Eastern Cape. Anrich Nortje took 2-29 and bowled a maiden in the semi-final. The pace bowler is well worth backing as Pretoria Capitals’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Aiden Markram hit 100 from 58 balls in Thursday’s semi-final and the skipper is our tip for Sunrisers Eastern Cape’s highest run scorer in the final. With the ball, Roelof van der Merwe is third on the list of wicket takers in the SA20 and the spinner is our pick for Sunrisers’ top wicket taker against Pretoria Capitals.
- As the leading wicket taker in the competition, we recommend backing Anrich Nortje to take over 1.5 wickets on Saturday.
PRE vs EAC Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on SuperSport Cricket, SS Grandstand, Sony Sports Network and Sky Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Sony Liv and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The forecast is for very humid conditions and a high chance of thunderstorms across Saturday late afternoon and evening. The temperature will be around 18 degrees throughout.
Both spinners and pace bowlers have been taking wickets in Johannesburg and the surface will give encouragement to both again in this final. A par score will be around 175-180.
Although both teams batted first and won their semi-finals, we predict that the captains on both sides will choose to field first if they win the toss ahead of this final.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, L, W, W
W, L, N, L, W
PRE vs EAC TEAM NEWS:
PRE Team News:
After Pretoria Capitals had beaten Paarl Royals by 59 runs, an excellent response to their 151 run defeat against Durban’s Super Giants, the same team was selected for Wednesday’s semi-final. This is clearly their strongest XI and we do not anticipate any changes for this final.
EAC Team News:
Ahead of the semi-final clash with Johannesburg Super Kings, Jordan Cox and Ottniel Baartman came back into Sunrisers Eastern Cape’s XI. They took the places of JJ Smuts and James Fuller and we expect the same team to be selected for this game.
PRE vs EAC Pre-Toss LineUps:
PRE vs EAC Team Updates:
PRE Team Updates –
- Kusal Mendis and Philip Salt are expected to open the innings for Pretoria.
- Theunis de Bruyn will occupy the crucial number three spot as the backbone of the batting lineup.
- Middle-order batting duties will be shouldered by Rilee Rossouw and Colin Ingram.
- In the previous match, Rilee Rossouw was the top scorer in terms of fantasy points.
- Kusal Mendis will also serve as the wicket-keeper for Pretoria.
- Adil Rashid will lead the spin bowling attack for the team.
- The pace attack will be spearheaded by Anrich Nortje and Eathan Bosch.
EAC Team Updates –
- Adam Rossington and Temba Bavuma are expected to open the innings for Eastern Cape.
- Jordan Hermann will hold down the number three spot as the key player in the batting lineup.
- Middle-order batting responsibilities will be handled by Aiden Markram and Tristan Stubbs.
- Aiden Markram has been the highest scorer in terms of fantasy points in this series.
- Aiden Markram will also serve as the captain for Eastern Cape and was the top fantasy points scorer in the previous match.
- Jordan Cox will fulfill the role of wicket-keeper for the team.
- The pace attack will be led by Roelof van der Merwe and Sisanda Magala.
It has been an excellent debut tournament for the SA20 and cricket lovers across the globe have been excited and entertained throughout. These two sides have contributed plenty of boundaries and wickets and we expect both to make scores over 165 in the final. We think the bowling attack of Pretoria Capitals will be the main difference between the teams and we are backing the Capitals to win.
Pretoria Capitals are favorites to beat Sunrisers Eastern Cape
PRE Key Players:
Phil Salt –
the aggressive right-hander has hit two half-centuries in the SA20 and has a top score of 77 not out, made against Sunrisers in Match 3 of the campaign.
Rilee Rossouw –
the top order batter has scored only 183 runs across the competition but hit his first 50 on Thursday. He is a real talent who could deliver in the final.
Anrich Nortje –
the right-arm fast bowler continues to be one of the most impressive bowlers in the tournament. No player has taken more wickets than him.
EAC Key Players:
Temba Bavuma –
it has been an up and down performance from the South African skipper since he joined up with the Sunrisers after the ODI series. He has registered two ducks and one half-century.
Aiden Markram –
the skipper took the Player of the Match Award in the semi-final and will be full of confidence ahead of this final after hitting six fours and six sixes.
Roelof van der Merwe –
with 16 wickets from his 30 overs across the tournament, the left-arm spinner will be a big threat once again in the final. He dismissed Gerald Coetzee and Donovan Ferreira on Thursday.
PRE vs EAC Team Form:
PRE Team Form –
Pretoria Capitals have won four and lost one of their last five matches in the SA20.
EAC Team Form –
Sunrisers Eastern Cape had not won any of their previous three matches before beating Johannesburg Super Kings in the semi-final.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
PRE vs EAC SQUAD:
Kusal Mendis(WK), Philip Salt(WK), Patrick Kruger, Theunis de Bruyn, Rilee Rossouw, Colin Ingram, Jimmy Neesham, Eathan Bosch, Senuran Muthusamy, Migael Pretorius, Anrich Nortje, Adil Rashid, Marco Marais, Daryn Dupavillon, Joshua Little, Shaun von Berg, Shane Dadswell, Wayne Parnell(C), Will Jacks, Cameron Delport, Clyde Fortuin(WK)
Eastern Cape (EAC):
Adam Rossington(WK), Temba Bavuma, Jordan Hermann, Aiden Markram(C), Tristan Stubbs, Jordan Cox(WK), Marco Jansen, Ottneil Baartman, Sisanda Magala, Roelof van der Merwe, Brydon Carse, Marques Ackerman, Mason Crane, Ayabulela Gqamane, Tom Abell, Junaid Dawood, JJ Smuts, Sarel Erwee, James Fuller