Pretoria Capitals vs Paarl Royals
SA20 T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 07 Feb, 09:00 PM (IST)
Series: SA20 T20 Match
Venue: SuperSport Park – Centurion, SA
PRE vs PRL Dream11 Prediction:
- Phil Salt is 14 runs away from bringing up 4000 in this format and the right-handed opener is well worth backing as Pretoria Capitals’ highest run scorer against Paarl Royals. Anrich Nortje is the top wicket taker in the SA20 and he is a strong choice for Pretoria’s top wicket taker in this clash.
- Jos Buttler has hit over 300 runs in the tournament and the keeper-batter is our pick for Paarl Royals’ highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Bjorn Fortuin has 13 wickets in the SA20 and we expect the spinner to be Paarl Royals’ top wicket taker against Pretoria Capitals.
- We expect him to concede runs but we recommend backing Migael Pretorius to take over 1.5 wickets in this game.
PRE vs PRL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on SuperSport Cricket, SS Grandstand, Sony Sports Network and Sky Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Sony Liv and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Some cloudy spells with sunshine coming through at other times. No threat of rain with the temperature in the low-20s throughout this match.
The average score on this pitch has been around 170-180 although Durban’s Super Giants posted an incredible 254-4 on Sunday. Quick bowlers should get assistance from the surface.
After losing by 151 runs after choosing to field first on Sunday, we expect Pretoria Capitals and Paarl Royals to both want to bat first in this clash.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, W, W, L, W
N, W, W, L, L
PRE vs PRL TEAM NEWS:
PRE Team News:
It was a very heavy defeat for Pretoria Capitals in their last game, but they have been very consistent across the rest of the tournament and we do not expect the team management to make too many changes for this game. Pace bowler Anrich Nortje will come back into the side after being rested on Sunday.
PRL Team News:
In their only game since the tournament break for the South Africa v England ODI series, Paarl Royals were only able to bat for 15 overs before the game was ended by the rain. None of the bowlers bowled a ball and we expect the same team to be selected in this match.
PRE vs PRL Pre-Toss LineUps:
PRE Team Updates –
- Kusal Mendis and Philip Salt will probably open the inning.
- Theunis de Bruyn will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Rilee Rossouw and Colin Ingram will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Pretoria.
- Eathan Bosch and Migael Pretorius will lead the pace attack of his team.
PRL Team Updates –
- Jason Roy and Jos Buttler will probably open the inning.
- Jason Roy was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Wihan Lubbe will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Dane Vilas and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- David Miller will lead the Paarl as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Dane Vilas will do the Wicket Keeping for Paarl.
- Bjorn Fortuin and Tabraiz Shamsi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Bjorn Fortuin is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
This should be a fine contest to end the group-stage of the first ever SA20. Pretoria Capitals will be boosted by the return of Anrich Nortje but they do not have the same batting firepower without Will Jacks. Paarl Royals have improved as the tournament has progressed and are now looking like one of the strongest sides. We are backing Paarl Royals to win this game.
Paarl Royals are favorites to beat Pretoria Capitals
PRE Key Players:
Phil Salt –
the English opener always scores his runs at a fast rate irrespective of the format or bowling opposition. He has hit two half-centuries in the tournament.
Rilee Rossouw –
the 33 year old South African international has found his form in recent games. Only one Capitals player hit more runs than him on this pitch on Sunday.
Anrich Nortje –
the right arm quick bowler highlighted how important he is when he was rested on Sunday. His wickets cost an average of 13.40 runs in the tournament.
PRL Key Players:
Jos Buttler –
the England white-ball skipper hit three sixes in his last innings and has been very impressive across the tournament at the top of the order for Paarl Royals.
Jason Roy –
the right-handed opener found his form again in the ODI series. He was well placed to take the Player of the Match Award after hitting 61 runs from 42 balls before the rain arrived in Match 24.
Bjorn Fortuin –
the 28 year old left-arm spinner has been very consistent across the competition and got the big wicket of Will Jacks in the last game against the Capitals.
PRE vs PRL Team Form:
PRE Team Form –
Pretoria Capitals have lost two of their last four with a very heavy defeat against Durban’s Super Giants on Sunday.
PRL Team Form –
Paarl Royals have not lost any of their last three games in the tournament.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
PRE vs PRL SQUAD:
Pretoria Capitals (PRE):
Kusal Mendis(WK), Philip Salt(WK), Theunis de Bruyn, Rilee Rossouw, Colin Ingram, Jimmy Neesham, Senuran Muthusamy, Migael Pretorius, Eathan Bosch, Daryn Dupavillon, Joshua Little, Marco Marais, Adil Rashid, Shaun von Berg, Shane Dadswell, Anrich Nortje, Wayne Parnell(C), Will Jacks, Cameron Delport, Clyde Fortuin(WK)
Paarl Royals (PRL):
Jason Roy, Jos Buttler(WK), Wihan Lubbe, Dane Vilas(WK), David Miller(C), Evan Jones, Mitchell van Buuren, Andile Phehlukwayo, Bjorn Fortuin, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Ferisco Adams, Eoin Morgan, Corbin Bosch, Codi Yusuf, Ramon Simmonds, Imran Manack