Paarl Royals vs Durban Super Giants
SA20 T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 17 Jan, 05:00 PM (IST)
Series: SA20 T20 Match
Venue: Boland Park – Paarl, South Africa
PRL vs DUR Dream11 Prediction:
- Jos Buttler is one of the best openers in the world in T20 cricket and he is well worth backing as Paarl Royals’ highest run scorer against Durban’s Super Giants. Lungi Ngidi has impressed in both appearances so far and took 2-33 on Sunday. He is our pick for Paarl Royals’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Quinton de Kock has hit 146 runs in the SA20 and the Durban’s Super Giants skipper is our tip for their highest run scorer against Paarl Royals. With the ball, Reece Topley has five wickets from two games and he is a strong choice for Durban’s Super Giants’ top wicket taker in this match.
- After a great start to the tournament, we recommend backing Quinton de Kock to hit over 23.5 runs in this clash.
PRL vs DUR Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on SuperSport Cricket, SS Grandstand, Sony Sports Network and Sky Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on Sony Liv and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
In mostly sunny conditions, this game will be the hottest we have seen so far in the tournament with the temperature at 37 degrees throughout.
There is more turn on this pitch than at some of the other venues in the SA20 which will encourage the spin bowlers. At the same time, there is good pace in the wicket and we expect a par score of 165 – 170.
With conditions unlikely to change from the first to the second innings, we expect both teams to choose to bat first if they win the toss.
PRL vs DUR TEAM NEWS:
PRL Team News:
Off-spinner Imran Manack made his first appearance of the tournament on Sunday, coming in for Tabraiz Shamsi. He conceded 20 runs from two overs and we expect Shamsi to come back in for this game. The Royals have been very consistent with their selection of batters so far.
DUR Team News:
After coming into the side for the win over MI Cape Town in Match 5 and taking 2-30, South African pace bowler Hardus Viljoen was left out in favour of spinner Simon Harmer for Sunday’s game. Although Harmer did not bowl in Match 8, we expect him to be selected for this clash.
PRL vs DUR Pre-Toss LineUps:
PRL Team Updates
- Jason Roy and Jos Buttler will probably open the inning.
- Wihan Lubbe will bat at the one-down position.
- Dane Vilas and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- David Miller will lead the Paarl as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Dane Vilas will do the Wicket Keeping for Paarl.
- Bjorn Fortuin will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Lungi Ngidi and Imran Manack will lead the pace attack of his team.
DUR Team Updates
- Quinton de Kock and Kyle Mayers will probably open the inning.
- Quinton de Kock is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Wiaan Mulder will bat at the one-down position.
- Heinrich Klaasen and Jason Holder will handle the middle-order batting.
- Quinton de Kock will lead the Durban as a Captain. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket-Keeping for Durban. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Prenelan Subrayen and Reece Topley will lead the pace attack of his team.
It was a high scoring contest between the two sides in Durban on Sunday with over 400 runs in total. Although we expect some good totals in this game, we do not expect the same high numbers on this slightly slower pitch. Durban’s Super Giants’ batters dominated Paarl Royals’ bowlers in the last match and those same batters will be high on confidence as they come to the wicket in Paarl. Overall, we are backing Durban’s Super Giants to win this game.
Durbans Super Giants are favorites to beat Paarl Royals
PRL Key Players:
the wicket-keeper began the tournament with a half-century but made only two runs on Sunday. He will be determined to make a significant contribution in this match.
the former England skipper and World Cup Winner hit 64 runs from 37 balls against Durban’s Super Giants bowling attack. He hit five sixes and two fours in the game.
the right-arm fast medium bowler has taken three wickets from his opening two matches and dismissed Quinton de Kock and Keemo Paul on Sunday.
DUR Key Players:
the 30 year old has a very important role for the Super Giants, opening the batting and the bowling. With the bat he has already hit over 100 runs in the competition.
Quinton de Kock
the skipper is enjoying the tournament and has hit two half-centuries from three innings. He hit five fours and four sixes against Paarl Royals’ bowling attack on Sunday.
the left-arm England international pace bowler picked up the big wicket of Jos Buttler as well as Dane Vilas and Evan Jones. He will be looking forward to bowling at the same players in this game.
PRL vs DUR Team Form
PRL Team Form
Paarl Royals are looking to avoid their third defeat from four SA20 games with their only victory coming over Joburg Super Kings.
DUR Team Form
Durban’s Super Giants are targeting their third successive victory in the tournament after wins over Paarl Royals and MI Cape Town.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
PRL vs DUR SQUAD:
Paarl Royals (PRL):
Jason Roy, Jos Buttler(WK), Wihan Lubbe, Dane Vilas(WK), David Miller(C), Eoin Morgan, Ferisco Adams, Evan Jones, Bjorn Fortuin, Lungi Ngidi, Imran Manack, Andile Phehlukwayo, Corbin Bosch, Codi Yusuf, Ramon Simmonds, Tabraiz Shamsi, Mitchell van Buuren
Durban Super Giants (DUR):
Quinton de Kock(WK)(C), Kyle Mayers, Wiaan Mulder, Heinrich Klaasen, Jason Holder, Dwaine Pretorius, Keemo Paul, Reece Topley, Prenelan Subrayen, Keshav Maharaj, Simon Harmer, Christiaan Jonker, Akila Dananjaya, Johnson Charles(WK), Junior Dala, Dilshan Madusanka, Matthew Breetzke, Hardus Viljoen