Rangpur Riders vs Sylhet Strikers
BPL T20 Qualifier Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 14 Feb, 06:00 PM (IST)
Series: BPL T20 2nd Qualifier Match
Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium – Dhaka, Bangladesh
RAN vs SYL Dream11 Prediction:
- Nicholas Pooran has hit 28 scores over 50 in T20 cricket and the West Indian is our tip for Rangpur Riders’ highest run scorer against Sylhet Strikers. Dwayne Bravo has taken 614 wickets across his career in this format and he is well worth backing as Rangpur Riders’ top wicket taker in this Qualifier 2.
- Najmul Hossain Shanto has scored three half-centuries across the tournament and the opener is a strong choice for Sylhet Strikers’ highest run scorer on Tuesday. Rubel Hossain took 3-33 in Qualifier 1 and the pace bowler is our pick for Sylhet Strikers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- With five wickets from his last two appearances, we recommend backing Rubel Hossain to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
RAN vs SYL Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on GTV, Sony Liv, GeoSuper and Willow TV.
Fans can stream the match on GTV and Kayo Sports.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although it will have been up to 26 degrees earlier in the day, clear skies will mean the temperature is in the low 20s and high teens across this game.
This is still a good batting wicket and whoever bats first in this game will want to make a total of at least 170. Pace bowlers have had the most success in recent fixtures.
Both previous games in the play-offs have seen the toss winning captain choose to field first. We expect the same to happen in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, W, W, W
L, W, L, W, W
RAN vs SYL TEAM NEWS:
RAN Team News:
There were some strong additions to the side ahead of Sunday’s victory against Fortune Barishal. Nicholas Pooran, Dwayne Bravo, Dasun Shanaka and Mujeeb Ur Rahman all came into the XI for the first time after arriving from the UAE.
SYL Team News:
With the Pakistan Super League beginning on Monday, Sylhet Strikers were forced into making three changes ahead of BPL 2023 Qualifier 1. Gulbadin Naib, Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir were replaced in the side with George Linde coming straight into the side from the SA20.
RAN vs SYL Pre-Toss LineUps:
RAN vs SYL Team Updates:
RAN Team Updates –
- Najmul Hossain -Shanto and Tawhid Hridoy will probably open the inning.
- Najmul Hossain -Shanto is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Zakir Hasan will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Mushfiqur Rahim and Ryan Burl will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mushfiqur Rahim will lead the Sylhet Strikers as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Mushfiqur Rahim will do the Wicket Keeping for Sylhet Strikers.
- Imad Wasim will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Mohammad Amir and Mashrafe Mortaza will lead the pace attack of his team.
SYL Team Updates –
- Naim Sheikh and Rony Talukdar will probably open the inning.
- Rony Talukdar is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Shamim Patwari will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shamim Patwari was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Nurul-Hasan and Nicholas Pooran will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nurul-Hasan will lead the Rangpur Riders as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Nicholas Pooran will do the Wicket Keeping for Rangpur Riders .
- Hasan Mahmud and Rakibul Hasan will lead the pace attack of his team.
This should be an excellent contest between Sylhet Strikers, who won the group stage, and Rangpur Riders who beat the Strikers in both of the clashes earlier in the tournament. We expect to see a high scoring contest on Tuesday evening and think the top order batters on both sides will be crucial to the result. Our prediction is for Sylhet Strikers to win a very close match.
Sylhet Strikers are favorites to beat Rangpur Riders
RAN Key Players:
Nicholas Pooran –
the left-handed attacking batter enjoyed a fine ILT20 tournament and is more than capable of firing Rangpur Riders to the final with a big knock in this game.
Shamim Hossain –
the 22 year old batting all-rounder hit his top T20 score in Sunday’s Eliminator. He scored 71 runs from 51 balls including eight boundaries.
Dwayne Bravo –
the bowling all-rounder has joined Rangpur Riders for the play-off stage and is one of the all-time leading wicket takers in this format.
SYL Key Players:
Najmul Hossain Shanto –
no other player has hit over 400 runs in the tournament and he hit another five boundaries in his 38 runs from 29 balls in the last game.
Mushfiqur Rahim –
the 35 year old keeper-batter hit 55 not out from only 35 balls, including eight boundaries, in the last game against Rangpur Riders.
Rubel Hossain –
the vastly experienced right-arm fast bowler got the big wickets of Litton Das and Moeen Ali in the last match. He also dismissed Jaker Ali on this pitch on Sunday.
RAN vs SYL Team Forms:
RAN Team Form:
Rangpur Riders have won seven of the last eight matches in the tournament.
SYL Team Form:
Sylhet Strikers finished top of the group stage but have lost two of their last three matches.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
RAN vs SYL SQUAD:
Rangpur Riders (RAN):
Naim Sheikh, Rony Talukdar, Shamim Patwari, Nurul-Hasan(WK)(C), Nicholas Pooran(WK), Dasun Shanaka, Dwayne Bravo, Mahedi Hasan, Rakibul Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Alauddin Babu, Benny Howell, Azmatullah Omarzai, Saim Ayub, Shoaib Malik, Aaron Jones, Mohammad Nawaz, Jeffrey Vandersay, Robiul Haque, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Parvez Hossain-Emon(WK), Rahmanullah Gurbaz(WK), Tom Kohler Cadmore, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Ripon Mondol, Naveen-ul-Haq, Sikandar Raza
Sylhet Strikers (SYL):
Najmul Hossain -Shanto, Shafiqullah Ghafari, Tawhid Hridoy, Zakir Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza(C), Mushfiqur Rahim(WK), Ryan Burl, George Linde, Tanzim Hasan, Isuru Udana, Rubel Hossain, Shamsur Rahman, Akbar Ali-I(WK), Colin Ackermann, Gulbadin Naib, Imad Wasim, Dhananjaya de Silva, Mohammad Amir, Sharifullah, Kamindu Mendis, Mohammad Haris(WK), Mohammad Nazmul Islam, Tom Moores, Thisara Perera, Nabil Samad, Rejaur Rahman Raja, Mohammad Irfan