Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 01 Jan, 08:10 AM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Docklands Stadium – Melbourne, Australia
REN vs SCO Dream11 Prediction:
- Aaron Finch has hit 171 runs so far in this campaign and he is our tip for Melbourne Renegades’ highest run scorer against Perth Scorchers. With the ball, only Henry Thornton has taken more wickets across the competition than Akeal Hosein. The spinner is well worth backing as Melbourne Renegades’ top wicket taker on this turning pitch.
- It has been a very strong start to the season for Josh Inglis who has hit two half-centuries already. The keeper-batter is our pick for Perth Scorchers’ highest run scorer against Melbourne Renegades. Jhye Richardson took 4-25 in the last fixture and has been one of the best bowlers in the tournament. He is a strong choice for Perth Scorchers’ top wicket taker.
- We recommend backing Jhye Richardson to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
REN vs SCO Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny throughout in Docklands, Melbourne for this game. It will be very warm with the temperature above 30 degrees from start to finish.
A par score will be above 170 on this wicket. Typically, spinners have had the most success on this pitch and they will certainly find turn in this game.
53.1% of BBL games at the Marvel Stadium have been won by the team batting first and we predict that both teams will want to bat first ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, W, W
W, W, W, L, W
REN vs SCO TEAM NEWS:
REN Team News:
Experienced pace bowler Kane Richardson is managing an injury but was able to play in Friday’s defeat to Sydney Sixers and we expect him to play in this match. Captain Nic Maddinson is in very poor form in BBL 2022-23 season but we think he will continue to play and lead the side.
SCO Team News:
There are no new injury worries or player unavailability for Perth Scorchers ahead of this game and we expect Ashton Turner to be in charge of the same group of players at the Marvel Stadium. Lance Morris should become available in time for the next match.
REN vs SCO Pre-Toss LineUps:
REN vs SCO Team Updates:
REN Team Updates
- Martin Guptill and Nic Maddinson will probably open the inning.
- Aaron Finch will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shaun Marsh and Jonathan Wells will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nic Maddinson will lead the Melbourne Renegades as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Peter Handscomb will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Renegades.
- Akeal Hosein and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Akeal Hosein is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Tom Stewart Rogers and Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of his team.
SCO Team Updates
- Faf du Plessis and Adam Lyth will probably open the inning.
- Nick Hobson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Josh Inglis and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Perth Scorchers.
- Ashton Agar and Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jhye Richardson and Andrew Tye will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Jhye Richardson is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
Perth Scorchers may have some different players in their side from last year but the 2021-22 Champions look to have lost none of their winning instincts. Melbourne Renegades come into this game in poor form and it will be very hard to get back to winning ways against such a strong team. Our prediction is for a win for Perth Scorchers.
Perth Scorchers are favorites to beat Melbourne Renegades
REN Key Players:
Aaron Finch –
with an average of 42.75 in this year’s tournament, the Australia T20 captain has been the most consistent of all the Renegades batters.
Mujeeb Ur Rahman –
the 21 year old Afghan off-spinner went wicketless in Geelong against Sydney Sixers but will be looking forward to bowling on this spin-friendly pitch.
Akeal Hosein –
the West Indian spinner dismissed Kurtis Patterson and Moises Henriques in the last game and he will certainly get turn and bounce from the surface in this game.
SCO Key Players:
Josh Inglis –
the right-handed keeper-batter is the third highest run scorer in the competition so far. He will enjoy the consistent bounce on offer on this pitch.
Peter Hatzoglou –
the 24 year old leg-spinner has picked up no wickets in the last two games against Adelaice Strikers and Melbourne Stars. However, he should find plenty of assistance on this surface in Docklands.
Jhye Richardson –
the right arm quick bowler took the Player of the Match Award in the win over Melbourne Stars in Match 20. Although this pitch will favour spinners, Richardson has the ability to dismiss batters on any surface.
REN vs SCO Team Forms:
REN Team Form:
The Renegades are in a poor run of form and are looking to avoid their fourth successive BBL defeat.
SCO Team Form:
The Scorchers have been beaten only once so far in the 2022-23 BBL and are targeting their fourth successive win in this game.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Melbourne Renegades (REN):
Martin Guptill, Nic Maddinson(C), Aaron Finch, Shaun Marsh, Jonathan Wells, Peter Handscomb(WK), Akeal Hosein, Will Sutherland, Tom Stewart Rogers, Kane Richardson, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Marcus Harris, Corey Rocchiccioli, Sam Harper(WK), Jake Fraser-McGurk, Ruwantha Kellapotha, Mackenzie Harvey, Zak Evans, Jack Prestwidge, David Moody
Perth Scorchers (SCO):
Faf du Plessis, Adam Lyth, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis(WK), Ashton Turner(C), Aaron Hardie, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Stephen Eskinazi, David Payne, Cameron Green, Hamish Mckenzie, Cameron Bancroft, Tymal Mills, Matthew Kelly, Cooper Connolly, Lance Morris