Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 18 Dec, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Docklands Stadium – Melbourne, Australia
REN vs THU Dream11 Prediction:
- Captain Nic Maddinson hit 87 runs from 49 balls on Friday and he is well worth backing as Melbourne Renegades’ highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Akeal Hosein took 3-15 against Brisbane Heat and he is our pick for Melbourne Renegades’ top wicket taker against Sydney Thunder.
- With one century and 12 half-centuries across his BBL career, Alex Hales is our tip for Sydney Thunder’s highest run scorer against Melbourne Renegades. Fazalhaq Farooqi took 3-20 in the defeat to Adelaide Strikers and he is a strong choice for Sydney Thunder’s top wicket taker in this match.
- We recommend backing Melbourne Renegades to register the highest opening partnership in this match.
REN vs THU Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny skies in the first part of the game before the sun sets and clear conditions for the rest of the match. The temperature will be in the low-20s throughout the match.
Any score over 170 will be very hard to chase down in the second innings on a pitch which is likely to offer plenty of turn for the spin bowlers.
Of the 54 BBL games to have been played at this venue, the split is 27-27 between teams winning the match after batting first or second. We predict the captains on both teams will want to bat first and post a total in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, L, L, L
L, W, L, W, L
REN vs THU TEAM NEWS:
REN Team News:
After three successive poor BBL seasons, Melbourne Renegades got off the perfect start with a 22 run victory over Brisbane Heat on Thursday and, with no new injuries or player unavailability ahead of this match, we expect an unchanged XI to be selected.
THU Team News:
There will have to be changes to the Sydney Thunder XI after they were bowled out for only 15 from 5.5 overs on Friday. The experienced players will be needed in this game and we expect all-rounder Ben Cutting to come into the team in place of young off-spinner Oliver Davies.
REN vs THU Pre-Toss LineUps:
REN vs THU Team Updates:
REN Team Updates
- Sam Harper and Nic Maddinson will probably open the inning.
- Nic Maddinson is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Jake Fraser-McGurk will bat at the one-down position.
- Aaron Finch and Jonathan Wells will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nic Maddinson will lead the Melbourne Renegades as a Captain.
- Sam Harper will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Renegades.
- Akeal Hosein and Tom Stewart Rogers will lead the pace attack of his team.
THU Team Updates
- Alex Hales and Matthew Gilkes will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Jason Sangha and Alex Ross will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jason Sangha will lead the Sydney Thunder as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Matthew Gilkes will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Thunder.
- Chris Green will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- FazalHaq Farooqi and Gurinder Sandhu will lead the pace attack of his team.
Before the start of this campaign, Sydney Thunder would have been big favourites to win this match but, with Melbourne Renegades getting an early win and Thunder suffering a huge defeat, we expect a much closer game. After their efforts in the last game, Sydney Thunder will need to be cautious at the start of their innings and we expect Melbourne Renegades to take advantage. We predict a victory for Melbourne Renegades.
Melbourne Renegades are favorites to beat Sydney Thunder
REN Key Players:
Nic Maddinson –
The left-handed opener hit 10 fours and three sixes in his fine innings in Cairns. He needs to hit 44 runs in this game to bring up 2000 BBL runs.
Andre Russell –
The vastly experienced Jamaican all-rounder delivered with bat and ball in the opening match. He hit 35 runs before dismissing Sam Billings and will be full of confidence ahead of this match.
Akeal Hosein –
The 29 year old left-arm spinner got off to an excellent start in his debut BBL appearance on Thursday. He picked up the wickets of both Brisbane Heat openers before returning to dismiss captain Jimmy Peirson.
THU Key Players:
Alex Hales –
The opener has made scores of 16 and a two-ball duck in the tournament so far. Some quick runs from Hales at the top of the order will see confidence return to the Sydney Thunder batting line-up.
Rilee Rossouw –
Although the South African international has contributed only three runs from the opening two games, he has been in excellent form throughout 2022 and is capable of a big score in this match.
Fazalhaq Farooqi –
The 22 year old Afghan left-arm pace bowler has had an excellent start to the BBL 2022-23 with a combined five wickets in the matches against Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars.
REN vs THU Team Forms:
REN Team Form:
Melbourne Renegades lost five games in a row at the end of the 2021-22 season but got off to a winning start against Brisbane Heat in this campaign.
THU Team Form:
Although Sydney Thunder have won two of their last four games, the scale of the batting collapse in Friday’s game will be a big worry for the team management.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Sam Harper(WK), Nic Maddinson(C), Jake Fraser-McGurk, Aaron Finch, Jonathan Wells, Andre Russell, Will Sutherland, Akeal Hosein, Tom Stewart Rogers, Kane Richardson, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Marcus Harris, Corey Rocchiccioli, Mackenzie Harvey, David Moody, Martin Guptill, Shaun Marsh, Ruwantha Kellapotha, Peter Handscomb(WK), Zak Evans, Jack Prestwidge
Alex Hales, Matthew Gilkes(WK), Rilee Rossouw, Jason Sangha(C), Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Oliver Davies, Chris Green, Gurinder Sandhu, FazalHaq Farooqi, Brendan Doggett, Blake Nikitaras, Sam Whiteman(WK), Usman Qadir, Baxter Holt(WK), Toby Gray, David Warner, Ben Cutting, Nathan McAndrew, Tanveer Sangha