South Africa vs Bangladesh
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 2 Prediction & Tips
Time: 27 Oct, 08:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 2
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney
SA vs BAN Dream11 Prediction:
- Quinton de Kock has been in excellent form over the last month and the opener is well worth backing as South Africa’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Kagiso Rabada is a world class performer across all formats and he is our pick for South Africa’s top wicket taker against Bangladesh.
- Liton Das hit 69 against Pakistan during the tri-nation series earlier this month and he is our tip for Bangladesh’s highest run scorer against South Africa. Taskin Ahmed took 4-25 against Netherlands and he is a strong choice for Bangladesh’s top wicket taker in this game.
- We recommend backing Kagiso Rabada to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
SA vs BAN Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloud, light rain and high levels of humidity are forecast in Sydney on Thursday. The temperature will be no higher than 23 degrees.
Pace bowlers impressed in the last IT20 in Sydney. Once again, we expect some carry on this wicket with a par score of over 180.
Although New Zealand won the last game by batting first at the Sydney Cricket Ground, we predict that both skippers will want to field first in this fixture.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
N, W, L, L, W
W, L, L, L, L
SA vs BAN TEAM NEWS:
SA Team News:
Spinner Tabraiz Shamsi was left out of the team ahead of the opening match against Zimbabwe and with light rain forecast for this game, it would be no surprise if he is not selected again. There was no place for Reeza Hendricks on Monday and we expect the top order batter to be left out for this match also.
BAN Team News:
After making many changes during the tri-nation series, Bangladesh picked a team most pundits expected for their opening game against Netherlands in T20 World Cup 2022 on Monday. Although it was not a brilliant performance from Bangladesh, with no injuries in the squad, we anticipate seeing the same XI.
SA vs BAN Pre-Toss LineUps:
SA vs BAN Team Updates:
SA Team Updates
- Temba Bavuma and Quinton de Kock will probably open the inning.
- Quinton de Kock is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aiden Markram and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket-Keeping for South Africa. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Aiden Markram and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Lungi Ngidi and Anrich Nortje will lead the pace attack of his team.
BAN Team Updates
- Najmul Hossain-Shanto and Soumya Sarkar will probably open the inning.
- Liton Das will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shakib Al Hasan and Afif Hossain will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shakib Al Hasan will lead the Bangladesh as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Liton Das will do the Wicket Keeping for Bangladesh.
- Shakib Al Hasan and Mosaddek Hossain will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Taskin Ahmed and Hasan Mahmud will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Taskin Ahmed is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
Although Bangladesh is currently above South Africa in Group 2, the IT20 form of the two sides over the last few months could not be different. South Africa has been impressive for much of 2022 and we are backing them to get a win in this match.
South Africa are favourites to beat Bangladesh at odds.
SA Key Players:
Quinton de Kock
The left-handed keeper-batter struck an incredible 47 not out from only 18 balls during the innings against Zimbabwe before the rain arrived.
The strong and stylish right-handed middle order batter has scored 780 runs in IT20 cricket at an average of 41.05.
The right-arm fast bowler went wicketless from his two overs against Zimbabwe but will cause problems for Bangladesh’s batters with his pace and accuracy.
BAN Key Players:
The top order batter rarely throws his wicket away and has a strike-rate of 127.12 in IT20s. His highest score in this format is 69.
Shakib Al Hasan
The skipper returned bowling figures of 1-32 in the last match and has scored over 2200 runs in this format.
The right arm fast bowler took two wickets with the first two balls of Netherlands’ innings in Hobart. He recorded his best IT20 figures in that match.
SA vs BAN Team Forms:
SA Team Form:
South Africa have lost two of their last five matches in this format.
BAN Team Form:
Bangladesh ended their losing run of four games with the win over Netherlands on Monday.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Quinton de Kock (wk), Temba Bavuma (c), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi, Heinrich Klaasen, Tabraiz Shamsi, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen
Najmul Hossain Shanto, Soumya Sarkar, Litton Das, Shakib Al Hasan (c), Afif Hossain, Yasir Ali, Nurul Hasan (wk), Mosaddek Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Shoriful Islam, Nasum Ahmed , Ebadot Hossain