Match: SA vs BAN ODI Match Prediction
Time: 20 March, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd ODI Match
Venue: Wanderers Stadium – Johannesburg, South Africa
- Rassie van der Dussen, who scored 86 runs off 98 balls in Centurion, is our pick for the highest run scorer for South Africa in this match. With the ball, Keshav Maharaj grabbed 2-56 in the first ODI and is a strong contender to be South Africa leading wicket-taker against Bangladesh.
- Liton Das maintained his great form on Friday, scoring 50 runs off 67 balls. Our prediction for Bangladesh highest run scorer in the second ODI is the opener. Mehedi Hasan, an all-rounder who got 4-61 in the first ODI, is a strong contender for Bangladesh leading wicket taker in this match.
- In Friday game, middle-order batter Rassie van der Dussen smashed ten home runs. We think he will win the Player of the Match award.
TV Channel: Star Sports will show the game live in India and throughout the Asia subcontinent. SuperSport will broadcast the match live in South Africa with Sky Cricket in the UK and Fox Cricket showing the game in Australia.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney+ and SkyGo.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather was cloudy with sunny moments throughout the ODI, with temperatures ranging from 19 to 21 degrees.
Although the Wanderers surface has traditionally favoured pace bowlers, spinners have had a lot of success on it in recent years.
At Centurion Park, South Africa won the toss and chose Bangladesh. We believe that whichever captain wins the toss will elect to field first.
L, W, W, W, L
❌ ✅ ✅ ✅ ❌
W, L, W, W, W
✅ ❌ ✅ ✅ ✅
SA Team News:
- Kagiso Rabada returned to the South African ODI team ahead of the first match, as predicted. The absence of Quinton de Kock, who was unable to play due to sickness, was a huge disappointment in the team. He is unlikely to be available for this match, and we expect South Africa to use the same lineup.
BAN Team News:
- Liton Das, Tamim Iqbal, and Shakib Al Hasan batted brilliantly in the top order to help the Tigers win on Friday. Yasir Ali, the middle-order batsman, also impressed with his first ODI half-century. On Friday, all of the frontline bowlers bowled well, and we expect the same Bangladesh team to play in this ODI.
Kyle Verreynne (wk)
Temba Bavuma (c)
Rassie van der Dussen
Tamim Iqbal (c)
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Small League Team: After-Toss Updated
*Get Grand League Team in at the Bottom of this post.
Who will win today match: SA vs BAN ODI Match Team
The first One-Day International was a fantastic match, with Bangladesh starting well at the top of their order and never looking back. South Africa had a difficult time at the top of their ranking, but we expect them to rebound in Johannesburg. South Africa will win, according to our forecast.
SA Key Players:
Rassie van der Dussen:
Van der Dussen, who has a very excellent ODI record of 1353 runs from 27 ODIs, was once again the highest scorer for South Africa in the first ODI.
In Centurion, the fast bowler delivered figures of 1-57 from 10 overs, including the wicket of half-centurion Yasir Ali.
In one-day internationals, the middle-order batter averages 41.02 and hit 79 runs off 57 balls on Friday. He hit 11 home runs in his inning.
BAN Key Players:
On Friday, the starter hit five fours and one six in 67 pitches. In one-day international cricket, he has five hundred.
Shakib Al Hasan:
In Centurion, the Bangladesh all-rounder was named Player of the Match. At number three for the Tigers, he hit 77 runs off 64 balls.
Before dismissing David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Hansen, and Kagiso Rabada, the bowling all-rounder hit 19 not out off 13 deliveries.
SA Team Form:
- South Africa has lost two of their last five one-day internationals.
BAN Team Form:
- In recent One-Day Internationals, Bangladesh has been in outstanding form.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Kyle Verreynne(w), Janneman Malan, Temba Bavuma(c), Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Jansen, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Wayne Parnell, Quinton de Kock, Dwaine Pretorius, Tabraiz Shamsi, Ryan Rickelton.
Tamim Iqbal(c), Liton Das, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Yasir Ali, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Nasum Ahmed, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Ebadot Hossain, Khaled Ahmed, Mahmudul Hasan Joy.