South Africa vs England
2nd ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 29 Jan, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd ODI Match
Venue: Mangaung Oval – Bloemfontein, South Africa
SA vs ENG Dream11 Prediction:
- South Africa who are still finding their rhythm in the 50-over format where led by extremely matured Rassie van der Dussen with a brilliant knock of 111 at astrike rate 94.9. On the other hand, Sisanda Magala was the Man of Match as he turned around the game with his 3 for 46 spell. Given the nature of the wicket, Magala could prove to be the x-facotr for the Proteas in tis home series.
- On the other hand, England got off to an incredible start courtesy of Jason Roy powerpact 113 off just 91 balls. However, ever since Roy was dismissed by Rabada in the 30th over, England could only add 75 more runs to their scoreboard. Just goes onto show how dependent this side were on the experience of Roy.
- Sam Curran was the pick of England’s bowlers as he took 3 wickets at an impressive economy rate of 3.9.
SA vs ENG Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sony Sports, Sky Cricket and Super Sport.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There are no chances of a rain interruption, and the temp would once again be around 29 to 33 degrees during the match hours.
The average batting score at Mangaung Oval is 240. But given the aggressive nature and style of attacking of players on both sides, each team will be wanting their batsman to set the score high with the pitch playing slow early on. This pitch also allowed some help for the seamers.
Given that 16 of the 32 matches at the Mangaung Oval have been won by teams bowling first, South Africa will be pretty confident in once again batting first in the 2nd ODI. Moreover, given how the ball bounced in the second innings of the 1st ODI, England too will be hoping to bat first.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, L, W, N
L, L, L, L, N
SA vs ENG TEAM NEWS:
SA Team News:
Although there are no injuries to any player in the 1st ODI, Tabraiz Shamsi could well be replaced by Keshav Maharaj for the 2nd ODI. While spinner might play a crucial role in the latter half of the innings, Maharaj can be off the great use for Bavuma.
ENG Team News:
Jofra Archer did not perform well as per his previously set standards, but he would still be preferred to role out in the 2nd ODI as well. It seems like Chris Woakes will be brought back into the side before things get too late.
SA vs ENG Pre-Toss LineUps:
SA vs ENG Team Updates
SA Team Updates
- Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma will probably open the inning.
- Rassie van der-Dussen will bat at the one-down position.
- Rassie van der-Dussen is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Tabraiz Shamsi and Aiden Markram will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Anrich Nortje and Sisanda Magala will lead the pace attack of his team.
ENG Team Updates
- Jason Roy and Dawid Malan will probably open the inning.
- Jason Roy is having topmost fantasy points in this series. He regained his form by scoring a magnificent ton.
- Ben Duckett will bat at the one-down position.
- Harry Brook and Jos Buttler will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jos Buttler will lead the England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jos Buttler will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Olly Stone and Jofra Archer will lead the pace attack of his team.
South Africa need to win this series against the reigning T20 World Champions if they are to contest in the much-awaited World Cup in India, the Proteas will be looking to throw the kitchen sink at the away side. Although England has wealth of talent at their disposal, we choose the Proteas to win the 2nd ODI.
South Africa are favorites to beat England
SA Key Players:Rassie van der Dussen
Showcasing just how viciously he can attack the raw and rigid fast-bowling attack of England, Van Der Dussen will undoubtedly be a batsman of great significance for the home side.
The 32-year-old right-arm fast was exceptional in his 9 over spell in the 1st ODI. Given his style of bowling, Magala could once again trouble the English battling lineup with his variation.
Having picked 4 wickets at an economy rate of 6.2 runs per over, Nortje will once again be handed the ball in the middle overs only to break the rhythm of the opposition players.
ENG Key Players:
After knocking a resilient century in the 1st ODI, Roy has seen plenty of Nortje and Rabada to face them until he sets firm on the crease. There is no doubt that Roy will pretty much try to counter attack to the South African bowling attack on January 29th as well.
The underrated left arm medium fast bowler picked up 3 wickets for England, and has even understood how he can use this pitch for his own benefit.
Being the captain as well as the wickettake foe this newly shaped English side, Butler seemed to be in fine touch (scored 36 runs off 42 balls in 1st ODI) until he was caught off by Quinton de Kock.
SA vs ENG Team Forms:
SA Team Form:
Prior to the T20 World Cup, South Africa lost a series (2-1) via the hands of India in the subcontinent itself by failing to deliver in the deciding game.
ENG Team Form:
After clinching the T20 World Cup again, England were whitewashed by Australia 3-0 in their previous ODI series. Having to find their best form, England have statiscally lost 4 back-to-back ODIs now.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SA vs ENG SQUAD:
South Africa (SA):
Quinton de Kock(WK), Temba Bavuma(C), Rassie van der-Dussen, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), David Miller, Wayne Parnell, Sisanda Magala, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Anrich Nortje, Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi
Jason Roy, Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler(WK)(C), Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, David Willey, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, Olly Stone, Reece Topley, Philip Salt(WK), Chris Woakes