South Africa vs Netherlands
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 2 Prediction & Tips
Time: 06 Nov, 05:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20i World Cup Super 12 Group 2
Venue: Adelaide Oval – Adelaide, Australia
- Rilee Roussow has made only seven runs from his last two innings but is a destructive IT20 batter. The left-hander is our pick for South Africa’s highest run scorer in this game. Anrich Nortje has taken 10 wickets from 13.3 overs in the competition and the pace bowler is well worth backing as South Africa’s top wicket taker against Netherlands.
- Only Virat Kohli has scored more runs than Max O’Dowd in the tournament and the opener is a strong choice for Netherlands’ highest run scorer against South Africa. With the ball, Paul van Meekeren took 3-29 against Zimbabwe and he is our tip for Netherlands’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Anrich Nortje combines pace and accuracy. He is our recommendation to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
After a tournament of cold evenings and wet conditions, this match will see sunshine and highs of 24 degrees.
It is an interesting surface in Adelaide with batters able to hit the ball cleanly at times but also at risk against slower balls gripping in the wicket. A par score will be around 170-175.
Although Netherlands won batting second against Zimbabwe, it is the only time in the last seven matches that the team batting first has not won an IT20 at the Adelaide Oval.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, W, W, N, W
W, L, L, L, L
SA Team News:
There were two changes for South Africa ahead of their rain affected defeat to Pakistan at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday. As expected, Tabraiz Shamsi came back into the side alongside Heinrich Klassen who replaced the injured David Miller who had back spasms. Miller is predicted to return in this game.
NED Team News:
After suffering a concussion during the defeat to Pakistan in Match 29 and being replaced mid-game, Bas de Leede was passed fit to return to the side for the win over Zimbabwe. Spinner Logan van Beek came into the side with Tim Pringle dropping out.
SA vs NED Pre-Toss LineUps:
SA Team Updates
- Temba Bavuma and Quinton de Kock will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Aiden Markram and Tabraiz Shamsi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Anrich Nortje and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Anrich Nortje is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
NED Team Updates
- Max ODowd and Stephan Myburgh will probably open the inning.
- Bas de Leede will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Bas de Leede is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Colin Ackermann and Tom Cooper will handle the middle-order batting.
- Scott Edwards will lead the Netherlands as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Scott Edwards will do the Wicket Keeping for Netherlands.
- Colin Ackermann and Roelof van der Merwe will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Paul van Meekeren and Fred Klaassen will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Paul van Meekeren was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
Netherlands had every right to be delighted with their win over Zimbabwe in their last game, but in truth, they have come up short whenever they have played the strongest teams in this competition. South Africa’s bowling attack has been the best of all teams in the tournament and we expect more of the same in this match. We are backing South Africa to win this game.
South Africa are favorites to beat Netherlands at the odds.
SA Key Players:
the number three batter managed to hit a six in his short innings against Pakistan. He is always attacking and has hit two IT20 centuries from 23 innings.
the stylish right-hander is a great timer of the ball and an expert at finding gaps in the field. He will know the dimensions of the boundaries in Adelaide and will take advantage of the shorter ones.
the 28 year old pace bowler has combined figures of 10-84 from his four games in the tournament. There will also be swing on offer at this ground for him to exploit.
NED Key Players:
the 28 year old right-handed opener hit his second half-century of the competition against Zimbabwe. He hit 52 runs from 47 balls and will be pleased to bat on the same pitch in this game.
Bas de Leede
the 22 year old all-rounder has had plenty of success with his fast medium bowling in T20 World Cup 2022. He took 2-14 from four overs against Zimbabwe at the Adelaide Oval.
Paul van Meekeren
the right arm medium fast bowler has now taken wickets in his last six matches. He took his highest tally of wickets in the last game in Adelaide.
SA Team Form:
South Africa’s defeat to Pakistan was their first loss after four unbeaten games in this format.
NED Team Form:
Netherlands ended a run of four successive defeats with the win over Zimbabwe on Wednesday.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Temba Bavuma(C), Quinton de Kock(WK), Rilee Rossouw, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Lizaad Williams, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj
Max ODowd, Stephan Myburgh, Bas de Leede, Colin Ackermann, Tom Cooper, Scott Edwards(WK)(C), Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Brandon Glover, Fred Klaassen, Paul van Meekeren, Vikramjit Singh, Teja Nidamanuru, Tim Pringle, Timm van der Gugten, Shariz Ahmad