SA vs WI Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Playing 11, Pitch Report, Team Info & Dream11 Team for 1st Test Match 2023
South Africa vs West Indies PSL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 28 Feb, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st Test Match
Venue: SuperSport Park – Centurion, South Africa
SA vs WI Dream11 Prediction:
- Dean Elgar has scored over 5000 Test runs and the left-handed opener is our pick for South Africa’s highest run scorer in this Test.
- Anrich Nortje has taken 64 wickets from 18 Tests and has been in brilliant form across all formats. The pace bowler is our tip for South Africa’s top wicket taker against West Indies.
- Tangerine Chanderpaul averages 69.66 from seven Test innings and the 26 year old opener is well worth backing as West Indies’ highest run scorer in this game.
SA vs WI Live Streaming:SA vs WI match will be shown live on Fancode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
⛅ Weather:The weather on the first couple of days is expected to be better while as the match proceeds there are chances of rain to play a spoilsport.
The match will be played at Centurion Park, Centurion. There will be plenty of pace and carry in this pitch across the opening few days. Expect a par score of 400+ in the first innings.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
D, L, L, L, L
W, D, L, L, W
SA vs WI TEAM NEWS:
SA Team News:
This will be the first Test for South Africa under their new captain in this format, Temba Bavuma. The previous skipper, Dean Elgar, will resume his role as an opener at the top of the order. Scoring runs has been the biggest issue for South Africa over recent Tests with their bowling line-up far stronger
WI Team News:
After a strong overall 2022 in Test cricket, West Indies will be looking to build on their 1-0 Test series victory in Zimbabwe from the first half of this month. Alick Athanaze and Akeem Jordan have both been named to the squad for the first time.
SA vs WI Pre-Toss LineUps:
SA vs WI Team Updates:
SA Team Updates –
- South Africa missed a great opportunity to qualify in the WTC finals as a result of the crushing in Australia. Now that the chance has waned, the side must concentrate on the following cycle.
- South Africa have appointed Temba Bavuma as their new test captain.
- It will be interesting to see who is going to open the series as their regular open Seal Erwee is not a part of the squad.
- Dean Elgar and Keegan Peterson will probably open the inning.
- Temba Bavuma will bat at the one-down position.
- Aiden Markram and Tony de Zorzi will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket-Keeping for South Africa.
- Keshav Maharaj and Aiden Markram will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje will lead the pace attack of his team.
WI Team Updates –
- West teams played their last series against Zimbabwe where they won 1 match while other one was drawn.
- West Indies would want to stun the Proteas with an inspired performance, especially after their strong performance in the nearby Zimbabwe.
- Their Opener batter T Chanderpaul smashed a wonderful double hundered in the series along with K Braithwaite who looked in wonderful touch.
- Kraigg Brathwaite and Tagenarine Chanderpaul will probably open the inning.
- Raymon Reifer will bat at the one-down position.
- Jermaine Blackwood and Kyle Mayers will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kraigg Brathwaite will lead the West Indies as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Joshua Da Silva will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies.
- Roston Chase and Gudakesh Motie will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Gudakesh Motie was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Alzarri Joseph and Shannon Gabriel will lead the pace attack of his team.
Winning Chances: South Africa had a tough time of it in their last Test series, away in Australia in December and January. But, under new leadership, they will be expecting more success in this series back at home. West Indies will be competitive but may struggle to get on top of a very strong South Africa bowling attack. We expect a close contest which will go into the fifth day but are backing South Africa to win.
South Africa are favorites to beat West Indies.
SA Team Analysis:
SA Batting- Spinner Keshav Maharaj top scored for South Africa in their last Test in Australia but the main responsibility on the run scorers in this game will fall upon Dean Elgar, Temba Bavuma, Keegan Petersen and Heinrich Klaasen. South Africa hit 255 in their last game, the first time they had scored 250+ in five Tests.
SA Bowling- The bowling attack for South Africa is the envy of many teams in this format with Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada and Marco Jansen providing pace, bounce and accuracy. In the spin department, expect Maharaj and Simon Harmer to be the main threat.
SA Team Form- South Africa has not won any of their last five Tests after winning their previous four games in this format.
WI Team Analysis:
WI Batting – After struggling for consistency with their batting over recent years, West Indies have found an opening pair of Kraigg Brathwaite and Tangerine Chanderpaul who look set to provide consistent runs at the top of the order. After enjoying their time against Zimbabwe, this will be a much tougher test for the batting line-up.
WI Bowling – West Indies pace bowlers have plenty of experience but will have their work cut out to keep up with the relentless accuracy of their opposing numbers in this match. Left-arm spinner Gudakesh Motie took 19 wickets across the two-match series in Zimbabwe.
WI Team Form – West Indies have won four of their last seven Test Matches including victories against Zimbabwe, England and Bangladesh.
SA vs WI Key Players:SA Key Players –
- Aiden Markram [20, 52, 10, 9, 79]
- Marco Jansen [[59 1W], 0W, 1W, 0W, [4W, 3W]]
- Anrich Nortje [3W, 4W, 1W, 4W, 0W]
- Dean Elgar [[26, 0], [28, 96*], [1, 77], [15, 17], [58, 29]]
- Kagiso Rabada [2W, 1W, 0W, 1W, 1W, 2W].
WI Key Players –
- Alzarri Joseph [0W, 4W, 2W, 2W, 1W]
- Tagenarine Chanderpaul [PTs: 0, CR: 8]
- Jason Holder [0W, 3W, (38, 2W)]
- Kraigg Brathwaite [[97, 2], [47, (6, 3W)], [76, 20]].
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SA vs WI SQUAD:
South Africa (SA):
Dean Elgar, Temba Bavuma(C), Keegan Petersen, Aiden Markram, Tony de Zorzi, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Simon Harmer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Gerald Coetzee, Senuran Muthusamy, Ryan Rickelton(WK), Wiaan Mulder
West Indies (WI):
Kraigg Brathwaite(C), Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Raymon Reifer, Jermaine Blackwood, Kyle Mayers, Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Joshua Da Silva(WK), Alzarri Joseph, Gudakesh Motie, Shannon Gabriel, Alick Athanaze, Akeem Jordan, Devon Thomas(WK), Kemar Roach