South Africa vs India Women
Women’s T20I Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 19 Jan, 10:30 PM (IST)
Series: Women T20I Match-1
Venue: Buffalo Park – East London, South Africa
SA-W vs IND-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Laura Wolvaardt has hit four half-centuries in this international format and she is well worth backing as South Africa Women’s highest run scorer in this match.
- Smriti Mandhana has scored 19 WT20I half-centuries and we expect her to be India Women’s highest run scorer against India Women.
- Renuka Singh has the best figures of 4-10 in WT20I cricket. The pace bowler is our pick for India Women’s top wicket-taker in this game.
- South Africa will host India and West Indies in a Tri-series starting January 19, 2023, as the three teams gear up for the all-important Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 which is set to begin next month. The tri-series will prove very beneficial for the three sides as they will get accustomed to the South African soil and the conditions before the World Cup.
- All three teams will play each other twice, and the top two teams will face each other in the final. Thus, a total of seven games will be contested including the finals. The first match of the series will be contested between South Africa and India, and all the games will be played at Buffalo Park in Eastern Cape.
- As for India, Harmanpreet Kaur will be leading the side with Smriti Mandhana as her deputy. The Women in Blue will have the services of one of their most experienced pacers Shikha Pandey, who marks her way back into the side for the first time since October 2021. The same squad will then play the T20 World Cup and thus India will be aiming to make the most of it.
- The South African side will be led by Sune Luus, and Chloe Tyron will be her deputy. Regular skipper Dane van Niekerk, who has been out of the international setup for quite some time now, has recovered from her injury but has not met the minimum national selection standards. Since Mignon du Preez announced her international retirement, senior players Marizanne Kapp and Shabnim Ismail will be the ones to watch out for.
SA-W vs IND-W Live Streaming:
SA-W vs IND-W match will be live telecast on Fancode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather will be clean with slight cloud. But there is no chance of rain, We can expect a good match between the two sides.
The match will be played at Buffalo Park, East London. We expect to see a hard surface that the stroke-makers will enjoy batting.
SA-W vs IND-W TEAM ANALYSIS:
South Africa Women:
This will be South Africa Women’s first WT20I since the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham back in August of last year. Experienced all-rounder Dane van Niekerk is not in the squad for the series as she continues to make slow progress in recovering from an ankle injury.
Laura Wolvaardt set the batting standard for South Africa Women throughout 2022 across all formats. She went on to impress in the WBBL for Adelaide Strikers and will be a key wicket in this game. The experienced Marizanne Kapp is another player the India Women bowlers will want to dismiss early.
Shabnim Ismail has played 105 WT20Is and has taken over 300 international wickets. She will open the bowling for South Africa Women and will get a good pace on this pitch. Captain Sune Luus may not get a huge amount of turns on this wicket but will keep the runs down.
It was a tough end to 2022 for India Women who lost a home series 4-1 to Australia Women in December. However, that did not overshadow what had been the success of the Women’s Asia Cup which they won with a victory over Sri Lanka Women in the final in October.
Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Jemimah Rodrigues will be expected to deliver the bulk of the runs for India Women in this game. All three have very impressive T20 and international records, although playing in South Africa will be a comparatively new experience.
On a pitch likely to offer something to the pace bowlers, we expect Renuka Singh to be India Women’s biggest threat. She impressed during the Commonwealth Games and will generate some good speed on this pitch. Deepti Sharma’s reliable off-spin will keep the runs down and be a threat in East London.
SA-W vs IND-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
SA-W vs IND-W Team Updates
SA-W Team Updates
- Sune Luus and Laura Wolvaardt will probably open the inning.
- Marizanne Kapp will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Lara Goodall and Chloe Tryon will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sune Luus will lead the South Africa Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Tebogo Macheke will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa Women.
- Sune Luus and Chloe Tryon will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Ayabonga Khaka and Shabnim Ismail will lead the pace attack of her team.
IND-W Team Updates
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana will probably open the inning.
- Yastika Bhatia will bat at the one-down position. She is the backbone of the batting team.
- Jemimah Rodrigues and Harleen Deol will handle the middle-order batting.
- Harmanpreet Kaur will lead the India Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Yastika Bhatia will do the Wicket Keeping for India Women.
- Deepti Sharma and Radha Yadav will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Deepti Sharma was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Renuka Singh and Shikha Pandey will lead the pace attack of her team.
There is always a buzz around the first game of a tri-nation series and, with the Women’s T20 World Cup only three weeks away, both teams will be taking this very seriously. South Africa Women have some strong players but lack the strength in depth to compete against the visitors. We expect India Women to not be at their best in this first competitive game but predict they will still get the victory.
India Women are favorites to beat South Africa Women
SA-W Key Players:
- Anneke Bosch [(DNB, 2W),]
- Chloe Tryon [PTs: 0, CR: 8]
- Sune Luus [12, (61*, 3W), 1*, 16, 2W,]
- Shabnim Ismail [1W, 3W, 1W, 1W, 0W]
- Laura Wolvaardt [53*, DNB, DNB, 8, 1]
- Marizanne Kapp [31, (38, 2W), 20, 16*, 4W]
IND-W Key Players:
- Renuka Singh [0W, 4W, 1W, 4W]
- Deepti Sharma [(22, 1W), 34*, 0W, 2W]
- Harmanpreet Kaur [20, 1W, 0, DNB, 52]
- Smriti Mandhana [61, 5, 63*, 24, 17]
SA-W vs IND-W Team Forms:
SA-W Team Form:
South Africa Women ended a run of four straight defeats in this format with a win over Sri Lanka Women in their last game.
IND-W Team Form:
India Women lost four and won only one of their last five WT20I games, but that was with a Super Over.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SA-W vs IND-W SQUAD:
South Africa Women:
Sune Luus(C), Laura Wolvaardt, Marizanne Kapp, Lara Goodall, Chloe Tryon, Anneke Bosch, Nadine de Klerk, Ayabonga Khaka, Tebogo Macheke(WK), Shabnim Ismail, Masabata Klaas, Tazmin Brits, Delmi Tucker, Annerie Dercksen, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Sinalo Jafta(WK), Tumi Sekhukhune
Harmanpreet Kaur(C), Smriti Mandhana, Yastika Bhatia(WK), Jemimah Rodrigues, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey, Meghna Singh, Sushma Verma(WK), Amanjot Kaur, Devika Vaidya, Sneh Rana, Sabbhineni Meghana, Anjali Sarwani