SA-W vs SL-W Dream11 Prediction for Women T20 Commonwealth Games
Match: SA-W vs SL-W T20 Match Prediction
Time: 04 Aug, 03:30 PM (IST)
Series: Women T20 Commonwealth Games
Venue: Edgbaston Cricket Ground – Edgbaston, England
SA-W vs SL-W Info:
- Laura Wolvaardt scored 41 not out from 33 balls against England Women at Edgbaston on Tuesday. She is full of talent and we expect her to be South Africa’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Shabnim Ismail took 2-27 against England Women and should be able to get some movement through the air. She is our pick for South Africa Women’s top wicket taker against Sri Lanka Women.
- Although it has been a disappointing competition with the bat for Chamari Atapattu, she remains Sri Lanka Women’s best hope of a high total. She is our tip for their highest run scorer against South Africa Women. Inoka Ranaweera has taken three wickets in both games in Birmingham and she is well worth backing as Sri Lanka Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Due to her consistent run making across 2022, we recommend Laura Wolvaardt to score over 25.5 runs.
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BBC One and BBC Two.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on the BBC iPlayer and Sony Liv App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Humid and cloudy from start to finish across this group stage match. There is no threat of rain.
Spin bowlers and top class pace bowlers have taken the most wickets on this pitch. We are yet to see a score over 167 in this tournament at Edgbaston.
South Africa Women have chosen to field first in both of their games with Sri lanka Women opting to bat first when they won the toss. Irrespective of who wins the toss, we predict that South Africa will field first.
L, L L, L, L
❌❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
L, L W, L, L
❌❌✅ ❌ ❌
SA-W vs SL-W Team News:
SA-W Team News:
Although Australia Women have already qualified for the semi-final stage, they are not the type of team to devalue a game by selecting a weakened side. They have picked the same XI for both of their matches so far and, with no player unavailability, we expect an unchanged team.
SL-W Team News:
There was one change to the Pakistan Women XI ahead of their defeat to India Women with all-rounder Nida Dar forced to miss the game through concussion. She was a big loss after making a half-century against Barbados Women. We expect Dar to miss this game also and for Kainat Imtiaz to keep her spot in the team.
SA-W vs SL-W Pre-Toss Lineups:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: SA-W vs SL-W Women T20 Match Fantasy Team
Although South Africa Women are heavy favourites with the bookies and most pundits ahead of this match, Sri Lanka Women should not be discounted with the strength of their bowling attack. We are predicting a win for South Africa Women but are expecting quite a close game.
South Africa Women are favourites to beat Sri Lanka Women
SA-W Key Players:
The top order batter continues to be South Africa Women’s most impressive batter. She finished unbeaten with a strike-rate of 124.24 in her last game on this pitch.
The opener went at just over a run a ball against a very strong England Women bowling attack at Edgbaston on Tuesday.
The experienced fast medium bowler got the most out of the surface in her second match of the tournament. She dismissed both England Women openers in the last game.
SL-W Key Players:
The captain has hit 10 runs across the tournament and her lack of a score has adversely affected the side. All of her team-mates look up to her when she strides to the middle.
Nilakshi de Silva:
The experienced middle order batter was the only Sri Lanka Women batter to get to grips with the Edgbaston pitch on Tuesday. She hit 36 from 35 balls including a six.
The slow left-arm orthodox bowler is the leading wicket taker in the competition. She dismissed Sophie Devine and Amelia Kerr, two very talented batters in the last match.
SA-W vs SL-W Team Form:
SA-W Team Form:
- South Africa Women have carried their poor form from the bilateral series against England Women earlier this summer. They have lost five WT20Is on the bounce.
SL-W Team Form:
- Sri Lanka Women have struggled throughout the tournament and have lost their matches by 5 wickets and 45 runs.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
South Africa Women:
Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Laura Wolvaardt, Chloe Tryon, Mignon du Preez, Sune Luus(c), Nadine de Klerk, Sinalo Jafta(w), Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Delmi Tucker, Tumi Sekhukhune, Lara Goodall, Masabata Klaas, Trisha Chetty.
Sri Lanka Women:
Chamari Athapaththu(c), Vishmi Gunaratne, Hasini Perera, Harshitha Madavi, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Anushka Sanjeewani(w), Oshadi Ranasinghe, Sugandika Kumari, Inoka Ranaweera, Achini Kulasuriya, Malsha Shehani, Rashmi de Silva, Udeshika Prabodhani.