Scotland vs Ireland
T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 19 Oct, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Match 7
Venue: Bellerive Oval – Hobart, Australia
SCO vs IRE Dream11 Prediction:
- George Munsey took the Player of the Match Award against West Indies and the Scotland opener is well worth backing as their highest run scorer against Ireland. Spinner Mark Watt recorded incredible figures of 3-12 from four overs on Monday and he is our pick for Scotland’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Lorcan Tucker was the only top four batter for Ireland to make double figures on Monday and he is our recommendation for their highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Josh Little continues to be Ireland’s leader of the attack and he is a strong choice for Ireland’s top wicket taker against Scotland.
- We recommend backing Mark Watt to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
SCO vs IRE Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny from start to finish in Hobart on Wednesday. The temperature will fall no lower than 17 degrees across this game.
Although it is a reliable batting wicket, there is also something in this pitch for the pace and spin bowlers. We expect a par score of no more than 165-170.
Three of the first four games in the tournament have seen the captain who wins the toss choose to field first. We predict that both skippers will decide to field first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, L, L, L, L
L, W, L, L, W
SCO vs IRE TEAM NEWS:
SCO Team News:
It would be a huge surprise if Scotland made any changes to their line-up after their victory on Monday afternoon. There are no injuries or players unavailable which means that Brandon McMullen, Chris Sole, Hamza Tahir and Craig Wallace remain on the sidelines.
IRE Team News:
Although there were two months since their last IT20 against Afghanistan in August, Ireland selected the same XI from that match for Monday’s fixture against Zimbabwe in T20 World Cup 2022. The Ireland management know exactly who their strongest team is and we expect the same line-up again in this clash.
SCO vs IRE Pre-Toss LineUps:
SCO vs IRE Team Updates:
SCO Team Updates
- Scotland put up a clinical performance in the first match against West Indies and have given themselves a great chance to qualify for the super 12 to compete with the big boys.
- West Indies have a decent bowling attack but the way SCO opened their innings in the powerplay turned out to be the turning point in the game.
- Scotland’s bowling was incredible and they would want to win against Ireland to confirm a spot in the super 12.
- George Munsey and Michael Jones will probably open the inning.
- Matthew Cross will bat at the one-down position.
- Richie Berrington and Calum MacLeod will handle the middle-order batting.
- Richie Berrington will lead the Scotland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Matthew Cross will do the Wicket Keeping for Scotland.
- Mark Watt and Chris Greaves will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mark Watt is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Brad Wheal and Josh Davey will lead the pace attack of his team.
IRE Team Updates
- Ireland were in complete command after breaking Zimbabwe’s top order for nothing but their lack of penetration in the bowling department and horrible form for their batsmen paved way for a big defeat against Zimbabwe in their tournament opener.
- The path from now for them is going to be a difficult one as they will be up against West Indies and Scotland, who are far superior teams to them.
- Ireland need a miracle from here to qualify for the super 12 stages.
- Andy Balbirnie and Paul Stirling will probably open the inning.
- Lorcan Tucker will bat at the one-down position.
- Harry Tector and Gareth Delany will handle the middle-order batting.
- Andy Balbirnie will lead Ireland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lorcan Tucker will do the Wicket Keeping for Ireland.
- Simi Singh and Gareth Delany will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Joshua Little and Mark Adair will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Joshua Little is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
With the countries very close geographically, there will be an added bit of local derby tension in this game even though it is being played in Australia. Ireland will be disappointed to have lost to Zimbabwe whereas Scotland will still be delighted after their win over West Indies. We are backing Scotland to make it two wins from two games.
Scotland are favorites to beat Ireland at the odds.
SCO Key Players:
The 29 year old left-handed opener struck his eighth half-century in this format on Monday. His innings included nine fours.
The right arm pace bowler added to his growing reputation with the wickets of Evin Lewis and Shamarh Brooks against West Indies. He has now taken 38 international wickets from 28 games.
The left-arm spin bowler followed up his impressive performances at the 2021 T20 World Cup by dismissing Brandon King, Alzarri Joseph and Odean Smith on Monday.
IRE Key Players:
The 26 year old keeper-batter is a dangerous attacking player. All four of his IT20 half-centuries have come in the last 11 months.
The South African all-rounder took no wickets against Zimbabwe but top scored for his side with 27 runs from 22 balls.
The left-arm pace bowler has now taken 54 wickets with a strike-rate of 18.8 in this format. He had the best economy and was the top wicket taker for Ireland on Monday.
SCO vs IRE Team Forms:
SCO Team Form:
Scotland’s big win over West Indies on Monday ended a run of seven successive defeats in this format.
IRE Team Form:
Ireland have won only two of their last five IT20s with both wins coming at home against Afghanistan.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
George Munsey, Michael Jones, Matthew Cross(WK), Richie Berrington(C), Calum MacLeod, Michael Leask, Chris Greaves, Mark Watt, Josh Davey, Brad Wheal, Safyaan Sharif, Chris Sole, Craig Wallace(WK), Brandon McMullen, Hamza Tahir
Andy Balbirnie(C), Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker(WK), Harry Tector, Gareth Delany, Simi Singh, George Dockrell, Curtis Campher, Mark Adair, Barry McCarthy, Joshua Little, Graham Hume, Stephen Doheny(WK), Fionn Hand, Conor Olphert