Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Renegades
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 22 Jan, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Perth Stadium – Perth, Australia
SCO vs REN Dream11 Prediction:
- Aaron Hardie is in great form and is the third highest run scorer in the tournament. We are backing him to be Perth Scorchers’ top run scorer in this game. Andrew Tye is the leading wicket taker in BBL12 with 23 dismissals and he is our pick for the Scorchers’ top wicket taker against Melbourne Renegades.
- Although his run of successive half-centuries came to an end on Thursday, Sam Harper remains our tip for Melbourne Renegades’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Tom Rogers has 19 wickets in the competition and he is a strong choice for the Renegades’ top wicket taker against Perth Scorchers.
- With runs coming easily for him over recent games, we recommend backing Aaron Hardie to score over 31.5 runs in this clash.
SCO vs REN Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Mostly sunny although it will get cloudier as the game progresses with the temperature in the low 30s and high 20s throughout.
Pace bowlers have had plenty of joy on this pitch during BBL12 with team totals averaging between 155-165. We expect any total of 175+ to be enough to win the game.
Five of the six games at the Perth Stadium in this year’s BBL have been won by the team fielding first. We predict both teams will choose to bat second if they win the toss.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, L, W, W
L, W, L, W, W
SCO vs REN TEAM NEWS:
SCO Team News:
Peter Hatzoglou and David Payne came into the side for the win over Adelaide Strikers with Jason Behrendorff and Matthew Kelly dropping out from the Hobart Hurricanes game. There is a chance that Jhye Richardson could return in match but we expect the Scorchers to give him some additional days of recovery from his hamstring injury.
REN Team News:
Zak Evans is no longer available for selection after returning to Victoria Premier Cricket to recover from his pectoral injury. Ruwantha Kellepotha was left out for the last game with Corey Rocchiccioli coming in for his first BBL 2023 appearance.
SCO vs REN Pre-Toss LineUps:
SCO vs REN Team Updates
SCO Team Updates
- Cameron Bancroft and Stephen Eskinazi will probably open the inning.
- Aaron Hardie will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Josh Inglis and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Perth Scorchers.
- Ashton Agar and Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Andrew Tye and Lance Morris will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Andrew Tye is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
REN Team Updates.
- Jake Fraser-McGurk and Martin Guptill will probably open the inning.
- Sam Harper will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aaron Finch and Jonathan Wells will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Melbourne Renegades as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Sam Harper will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Renegades.
- Tom Stewart Rogers and Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Tom Stewart Rogers is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
This will be Perth Scorchers final group stage game and we expect them to want to finish the stage with a victory in front of their home supporters. For Melbourne Renegades, they still have one more match to play against Adelaide Strikers so it takes the pressure off needing to get a win against the top side. We expect the Renegades to fight throughout this match but do not think they have enough to get the victory. Our prediction is for another win for Perth Scorchers.
Perth Scorchers are favorites to beat Melbourne Renegades
SCO Key Players:
the 24 year old right-hander is in excellent form and has scored 133 runs over his last two innings in the BBL.
the keeper-batter has hit 399 runs across the tournament which includes four half-centuries. He hit 47 runs in the last game against Melbourne Renegades.
the 36 year old right-arm pace bowler took another wicket in Friday’s big win over Adelaide Strikers. He has a strike rate of 13.00 across the tournament.
REN Key Players:
the experienced big-hitting New Zealander has got plenty of starts in the tournament but is yet to go on and make a half-century in spite of reaching 30 on three occasions.
the keeper-batter was dismissed for eight against Sydney Thunder but has scored 238 runs including a top score of 89 in BBL12.
from a personal level, it has been an excellent first season for Rogers with the Renegades. He is one of only three players to take a five-wicket haul in the competition.
SCO vs REN Team Forms:
SCO Team Form:
Perth Scorchers have lost only one of their last six BBL games and are targeting their third successive win in this match.
REN Team Form:
The Renegades have lost two of their last three matches with their only win coming against bottom of the table Melbourne Stars in Match 41.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SCO vs REN SQUAD:
Perth Scorchers (SCO):
Cameron Bancroft, Stephen Eskinazi, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis(WK), Ashton Turner(C), Nick Hobson, Ashton Agar, Andrew Tye, Peter Hatzoglou, David Payne, Lance Morris, Cameron Green, Hamish Mckenzie, Adam Lyth, Chris Sabburg, Cooper Connolly, Matthew Kelly, Jason Behrendorff
Melbourne Renegades (REN):
Jake Fraser-McGurk, Martin Guptill, Sam Harper(WK), Aaron Finch(C), Jonathan Wells, Matt Critchley, Will Sutherland, Corey Rocchiccioli, Tom Stewart Rogers, Kane Richardson, Fawad Ahmed, Marcus Harris, Peter Handscomb(WK), Shaun Marsh, Mackenzie Harvey, Zak Evans, Ruwantha Kellapotha, Jack Prestwidge, David Moody