Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 17 Dec, 01:35 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
SCO vs SIX Dream11 Prediction:
- Faf du Plessis has an excellent record across global T20 franchise leagues and we are backing him to be Perth Scorchers’ highest run scorer against Sydney Sixers. Jason Behrendorff has best figures of 4-22 in the BBL and he enjoys the conditions in Perth. He is our pick for the Scorchers’ top wicket taker on Saturday.
- Josh Phillipe has scored 15 half-centuries in T20s and the opener is our tip for Sydney SIxers’ highest run scorer against Perth Scorchers. With the ball, Sean Abbott took 3-37 in the opening match against Adelaide Strikers and he is a strong choice for Sydney Sixers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- We recommend backing Andrew Tye to take over 1.5 wickets in this fixture.
SCO vs SIX Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be sunny with the temperature dropping from 28 degrees at the start of the game to 24 by the end. It will be increasingly humid across the second innings of the game.
There is good pace in this pitch in Perth and we expect a par score to be around 175. There will be bounce on offer for the quick bowlers and the spinners.
With the temperature expected to drop in the second half of the game, we expect both captains to want to field first ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, L, W
L, L, W, L, W
SCO vs SIX TEAM NEWS:
SCO Team News:
The 2021-22 Champions have seen their preparations for this campaign disrupted by withdrawals with a trio of English players – Phil Salt, Laurie Evans and Tymal Mills – all no longer available for a variety of reasons. We expect Faf du Plessis, Steve Eskinazi and Adam Lyth to all make their debut for Perth Scorchers in this game.
SIX Team News:
Although it was a heavy 51 run defeat in Adelaide for Sydney Sixers, we are not expecting changes ahead of this clash. International batter, Steve Smith, will still be unavailable, and Moises Henriques will look to get more out of the same players in this match.
SCO vs SIX Pre-Toss LineUps:
SCO vs SIX Team Updates:
SCO Team Updates
- Josh Inglis and Faf du Plessis will probably open the inning.
- Adam Lyth will bat at the one-down position.
- Cameron Bancroft and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain.
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Perth Scorchers.
- Ashton Agar and Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jhye Richardson and Andrew Tye will lead the pace attack of his team.
SIX Team Updates
- Josh Philippe and Kurtis Patterson will probably open the inning.
- James Vince will bat at the one-down position.
- Moises Henriques and Jordan Silk will handle the middle-order batting.
- Moises Henriques will lead the Sydney Sixers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Philippe will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Sixers.
- Steve OKeefe will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Izharullahq Naveed and Ben Dwarshuis will lead the pace attack of his team.
There is always added excitement when the two finalists from the previous campaign go head to head but both teams will now be wanting to focus on this campaign. Sydney Sixers were nowhere near their best against Adelaide Strikers and we expect to see a better performance from them in this match. However, we think that Perth Scorchers’ bowling attack will be very hard to face and our prediction is for a Perth Scorchers win.
Perth Scorchers are favorites to beat Sydney Sixers
SCO Key Players:
Faf du Plessis –
The vastly experienced South African batter has an excellent record in Australia but this game will be only his second BBL appearance.
Andrew Tye –
The 36 year old pace bowler is the second highest wicket taker in BBL history and has picked up over 20 wickets in each of the last two BBL seasons.
Jason Behrendorff –
Injuries have often disrupted the tall quick bowler’s campaigns but when fit he is a very tough bowler to face. He recorded a strike-rate of 15.62 in the 2021-22 BBL season.
SIX Key Players:
Josh Philippe –
The keeper-batter hit only two fours in the defeat to Adelaide Strikers but he will enjoy the quicker pitch in this game with the ball coming onto the bat with more pace in Perth.
Moises Henriques –
The captain hit 24 runs in the opening game but did not use himself with the ball. He will be a useful bowler on this wicket at the Optus Stadium.
Sean Abbott –
The bowling all-rounder picked up the wickets of Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme and Rashid Khan on Wednesday. He is the all-time leading wicket taker in the BBL.
SCO vs SIX Team Forms:
SCO Team Form:
Perth Scorchers lost only three games across the entire 2021-22 BBL campaign.
SIX Team Form:
After ending the last campaign with injuries and illness, Sydney Sixers have won only one of their last four BBL fixtures.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Josh Inglis(WK), Faf du Plessis, Adam Lyth, Cameron Bancroft, Ashton Turner(C), Aaron Hardie, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Stephen Eskinazi, Cameron Green, Matthew Kelly, Hamish Mckenzie, Nick Hobson, Tymal Mills, Cooper Connolly, Lance Morris
Josh Philippe(WK), Kurtis Patterson, James Vince, Moises Henriques(C), Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Izharullahq Naveed, Steve OKeefe, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Naveen-ul-Haq, Josh Kann, Jack Edwards, Daniel Hughes, Steven Smith, Chris Jordan, Mickey Edwards, Todd Murphy