Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 29 Dec, 03:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Perth Stadium – Perth, Australia
SCO vs STA Dream11 Prediction:
- Keeper-batter Josh Inglis has a top score of 74 this season and the right-hander is well worth backing as Perth Scorchers’ highest run scorer in this match. Jhye Richardson has eight wickets in the competition and took 4-9 at this venue earlier this month. He is our tip for Perth Scorchers’ top wicket taker against Melbourne Stars
- Joe Clarke continues to get Melbourne Stars off to strong starts at the top of the order. The English keeper-batter is a strong choice for their highest run scorer against Perth Scorchers. With the ball, Luke Wood has nine wickets with only two players having dismissed more batters in the tournament so far. He is our pick for their top wicket taker.
- Jhye Rihardson enjoys bowling on this pitch and we recommend backing him to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
SCO vs STA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The match will get underway with the temperature up at 29 degrees in Western Australia. As the sun sets, the heat will drop away to the low twenties.
The average BBL score on this pitch is 167. Batters enjoy the pace of the ball but can sometimes struggle against the movement which the quality bowlers can get from the surface.
Across 20 BBL fixtures, 12 matches have been won by the team batting first. We do not expect the conditions to change a huge amount across the game and predict both skippers to choose to bat first.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, L, W, W
L, L, W, L, W
SCO vs STA TEAM NEWS:
SCO Team News:
Lance Morris remains with the Australia Test squad at the MCG, with the Scorchers hoping to see him make his first appearance in this year’s BBL in the new year. The Scorchers are in excellent form and we predict they will select the same XI in this game.
STA Team News:
Nathan Coulter-Nile and Marcus Stoinis both missed Melbourne Stars’ Boxing Day defeat to Sydney Sixers at the SCG, with the pair given permission to fly to Western Australia early ahead of this match. We expect both to return to the team at the Optus Stadium.
SCO vs STA Pre-Toss LineUps:
SCO vs STA Team Updates:
SCO Team Updates
- Faf du Plessis and Adam Lyth will probably open the inning.
- Nick Hobson will bat at the one-down position.
- Josh Inglis and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Perth Scorchers.
- Ashton Agar and Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jhye Richardson and Andrew Tye will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Jhye Richardson is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Andrew Tye was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- James Seymour will bat at the one-down position.
- Beau Webster and Nick Larkin will handle the middle-order batting.
- Beau Webster is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Stars.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Luke Wood and Trent Boult will lead the pace attack of his team.
It will take a big turnaround for Melbourne Stars if they are to win this match. Although they do have Nathan Coulter-Nile and Marcus Stoinis back, we are yet to see consistent runs for the side. Overall, and with a strong bowling unit to call upon, we think Perth Scorchers will extend their winning run with a victory over Melbourne Stars.
Perth Scorchers are favorites to beat Melbourne Stars
SCO Key Players:
Josh Inglis –
With 168 runs in the BBL 20222-23 so far, Inglis is only one place off the top of the run scorer’s list. He has also chipped in with four batches behind the stumps.
Andrew Tye –
The skipper has hit 116 runs across the four matches and is outperforming his usual standard this season. His overall BBL average is 22.14 yet he is averaging 38.67 in this campaign.
Jhye Richardson –
The pace bowler missed out on a wicket against Adelaide Strikers but still bowled a maiden and conceded only 20 runs from four overs.
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
The keeper-batter made 27 runs from 22 balls at the SCG, hitting one four and two sixes in the process. He does not lack confidence and will enjoy the pace on the pitch in Perth.
Beau Webster –
The 29 year old all-rounder hit 78 runs against Sydney Sixers and has racked up 145 runs from his last three BBL innings.
Luke Wood –
The England international got the big wicket of Josh Philippe in his opening over on Monday. He continues to out-bowl Trent Boult and will look to do so again in this match.
SCO vs STA Team Forms:
SCO Team Form:
Perth Scorchers are unbeaten in Perth so far in this campaign and are targeting their fourth win from five 2022-23 BBL games.
STA Team Form:
The Stars are struggling with their form and have been beaten by 38 runs, 61 runs and seven wickets across their last three matches.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Perth Scorchers (SCO):
Adam Lyth, Faf du Plessis, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis (wk), Ashton Turner (c), Aaron Hardie, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Matthew Kelly, Cameron Bancroft, Cooper Connolly, Hamish McKenzie
Melbourne Stars (STA):
Joe Clarke (wk), Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Nick Larkin, Hilton Cartwright, Campbell Kellaway, James Seymour, Luke Wood, Liam Hatcher, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa (c), Brody Couch, Clint Hinchliffe, Tom O Connell, Marcus Stoinis