Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 26 Dec, 03:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Perth Stadium – Perth, Australia
SCO vs STR Dream11 Prediction:
- Faf du Plessis has been in great form over the last two games and the South African is our tip for Perth Scorchers’ highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Jhye Richardson has picked up eight wickets so far in the competition and he is well worth backing as Perth Scorchers’ top wicket taker against Adelaide Strikers.
- Matt Short has had an excellent start to the tournament and has hit seven BBL half-centuries across his career. The opener is a strong choice for Adelaide Strikers’ highest run scorer in this match. Rashid Khan will enjoy the additional bounce to go with his spin on this wicket and is our pick for Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker in Perth.
- Jhye Richardson has the ability to pick up wickets on any pitch and we recommend backing him to pick up over 1.5 wickets in this game.
SCO vs STR Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudy to begin with and the humidity level around 60% throughout this match. The sun may well breakthrough in the second half of the game.
It will be a quick pitch with even bounce at the Perth Stadium. We have seen totals of over 200 in previous BBL fixtures here and would not rule out the same happening in this game.
16 of the 25 BBL games at this venue have been won by the team batting first. We predict that both captains will choose to bat first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, W, W, W
L, W, W, W, L
SCO vs STR TEAM NEWS:
SCO Team News:
The Scorchers have been unfortunate with tournament withdrawals and international call-ups but have no new players unavailable for this game of BBL 2022-23. After winning the competition last year, there is a belief in the squad that they can win with any group of players selected.
STR Team News:
Alex Carey and Travis Head remain unavailable with the Test at the MCG being played earlier in the day to this game. The Strikers hope to have Cameron Boyce available over the next couple of weeks but this game will come far too early for him.
SCO vs STR Pre-Toss LineUps:
SCO vs STR Team Updates:
SCO Team Updates
- Faf du Plessis and Adam Lyth will probably open the inning.
- Nick Hobson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Josh Inglis and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Josh Inglis was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket-Keeping for Perth Scorchers. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Ashton Agar and Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jhye Richardson and Jason Behrendorff will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Jhye Richardson is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
STR Team Updates
- Matthew Short and Jake Weatherald will probably open the inning.
- Chris Lynn will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Adam Hose and Colin de Grandhomme will handle the middle-order batting.
- Peter Siddle will lead the Adelaide Strikers as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Harry Nielsen will do the Wicket Keeping for Adelaide Strikers.
- Matthew Short and Rashid-Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Henry Thornton and Wes Agar will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Henry Thornton is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Wes Agar was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
Boxing Day games are fantastic events in Australia irrespective of the venue, the format or the teams on show. And on a quick wicket in Perth, we could be in for a large number of runs in this game. Both teams are full of quality players but we think the Scorchers have the edge with both their batters and bowlers. We are predicting a close contest but are predicting a victory for Perth Scorchers.
Perth Scorchers are favorites to beat Adelaide Strikers
SCO Key Players:
Faf du Plessis –
the South African opener has hit 100 runs across his last two innings and will be relishing the opportunity to bat at the Perth Stadium again.
Jason Behrendorff –
the tall left-arm pace bowler has taken six wickets so far in the tournament and will be full of confidence after picking up 3-32 in the last game.
Jhye Richardson –
after beginning this campaign with figures of 4-9 and 3-26, Richardson had to settle for only one dismissal against the Stars. However, he is one of the quickest and most accurate bowlers on show in this game.
STR Key Players:
Chris Lynn –
the experienced batter has hit 117 runs since swapping Brisbane Heat for Adelaide Strikers before the start of this campaign. He is single-minded and will look to attack from his first ball in this game.
Matt Short –
the top order batter has combined two single figure scores with two half-centuries in the tournament so far. He will enjoy the pace on the wicket in Perth.
Rashid Khan –
the Afghanistan leg-spinner suffered his first wicketless appearance in this season’s competition in the last game. He will be desperate to get back dismissing batters against Perth Scorchers.
SCO vs STR Team Forms:
SCO Team Form:
Although the Scorchers have been beaten in one game out of three this campaign, their only loss was by the narrow margin of eight runs.
STR Team Form:
The Scorchers have won two of their three BBL games this season as well as ending the season strongly to win the tournament last year.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Perth Scorchers (SCO):
Faf du Plessis, Adam Lyth, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis(WK), Ashton Turner(C), Aaron Hardie, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Stephen Eskinazi, David Payne, Cameron Green, Hamish Mckenzie, Cameron Bancroft, Tymal Mills, Matthew Kelly, Cooper Connolly, Lance Morris
Adelaide Strikers (STR):
Matthew Short, Jake Weatherald, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(WK), Rashid-Khan, Wes Agar, Henry Thornton, Peter Siddle(C), Cameron Boyce, Jordan Buckingham, Henry Hunt, Alex Carey(WK), Travis Head, Ben Manenti, Ryan Gibson, Harry Conway