Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 04 Jan, 03:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Perth Stadium – Perth, Australia
SCO vs THU Dream11 Prediction:
- With an average of 46.80, Josh Inglis is having an excellent tournament and the keeper-batter is our tip for Perth Scorchers’ highest run scorer in this game. Jhye Richardson has nine wickets at an average of 11.61 in this campaign and the pace bowler is well worth backing as Perth Scorchers’ top wicket taker against Sydney Thunder.
- No other player has made three 50+ scores in the 2022-23 BBL and we are backing Alex Hales to be Sydney Thunder’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Nathan McAndrew has a strike-rate of 10.50 in the competition and he is our pick for Sydney Thunder’s top wicket taker against Perth Scorchers.
- Josh Inglis has hit the most sixes in the tournament and we recommend backing him to hit the most sixes in this game.
SCO vs THU Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Clear skies and very hot evening temperatures in Perth. There is no chance of rain with the lowest temperature likely to be in the high 20s.
Although there is pace in this pitch, there is also plenty of assistance for the quick bowlers. Any score of over 155 should be defendable.
All teams have won the toss and chosen to bat first at this venue in the 2022-23 BBL. We predict that both captains will want to field second in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, W, L
W, W, W, L, L
SCO vs THU TEAM NEWS:
SCO Team News:
In spite of injuries, late withdrawals and international call-ups, it has been another successful campaign for Perth Scorchers. Ahead of this match, there are no new injuries with Cameron Green and Lance Morris both away on international duty.
THU Team News:
There are no new injury worries for Sydney Thunder and we expect Oliver Davies to continue playing in spite of a slight hip problem. Brendan Doggett found form in the last match and it would be a big surprise to see any changes to the XI for this game of BBL 2022-23.
SCO vs THU Pre-Toss LineUps:
SCO vs THU Team Updates:
SCO Team Updates
- Faf du Plessis and Adam Lyth will probably open the inning.
- Cameron Bancroft will bat at the one-down position.
- Josh Inglis and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Perth Scorchers.
- Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Jhye Richardson and Andrew Tye will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Andrew Tye was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
THU Team Updates
- Alex Hales and Matthew Gilkes will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Oliver Davies and Daniel Sams will handle the middle-order batting.
- Daniel Sams is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Chris Green will lead the Sydney Thunder as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Matthew Gilkes will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Thunder.
- Chris Green will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Nathan McAndrew and Brendan Doggett will lead the pace attack of his team.
Perth Scorchers and Sydney Thunder are both in fine form and we expect this game to be played in an excellent spirit and in an attacking style. Sydney Thunder have a good number of runs in their team but we expect them to find the Scorchers’ bowling attack too strong. Our prediction is for a close contest with another win for Perth Scorchers to increase their lead at the top of the table.
It will take a big turnaround for Sydney Thunder if they are to win this match. Although they do have Nathan Coulter-Nile and Marcus Stoinis back, we are yet to see consistent runs for the side. Overall, and with a strong bowling unit to call upon, we think Perth Scorchers will extend their winning run with a victory over Sydney Thunder.
Perth Scorchers are favorites to beat Sydney Thunder
SCO Key Players:
Josh Inglis –
The keeper-batter top scored again for Perth Scorchers in the win over Melbourne Renegades. He hit five fours and one six and a quick-fire innings on this pitch could well be crucial.
Andrew Tye –
The experienced right-arm medium-fast bowler picked up another three wickets in Melbourne on New Year’s Day. He will be looking forward to bowling at the Perth Stadium.
Jhye Richardson –
The quick bowler got the big wicket of Martin Guptill in his first over on Sunday. He remains one of the most impressive bowlers in the tournament and will no doubt be dangerous in this game.
THU Key Players:
Alex Hales –
Only Chris Lynn has scored more runs than the right-handed English opener in the tournament who was at his best hitting nine boundaries in the Saturday’s win.
Oliver Davies –
The 22 year old hit his highest BBL score of 65 from 32 balls in the New Year’s Eve game. He has scored 157 runs across his last four innings and will back himself against the Perth Scorchers bowlers.
Nathan McAndrew –
The right-arm fast medium bowler has not let Sydney Thunder down in any of his four appearances so far. He dismissed Shadab Khan in the win over Hobart Hurricanes.
SCO vs THU Team Forms:
SCO Team Form:
The Sixers were looking for their fifth win in a row but must now start another streak after defeat at the Gabba.
THU Team Form:
Sydney Thunder have won their last three BBL games with two of the victories by impressive margins of 62 runs and 10 wickets.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Perth Scorchers (SCO):
Faf du Plessis, Adam Lyth, Cameron Bancroft, Josh Inglis(WK), Ashton Turner(C), Aaron Hardie, Nick Hobson, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Stephen Eskinazi, David Payne, Cameron Green, Hamish Mckenzie, Ashton Agar, Tymal Mills, Matthew Kelly, Cooper Connolly, Lance Morris
Sydney Thunder (THU):
Alex Hales, Matthew Gilkes(WK), Rilee Rossouw, Oliver Davies, Daniel Sams, Alex Ross, Ben Cutting, Nathan McAndrew, Chris Green(C), Brendan Doggett, Usman Qadir, Sam Whiteman(WK), Blake Nikitaras, Joel Davies, Baxter Holt(WK), Toby Gray, Jason Sangha, David Warner, Gurinder Sandhu, Tanveer Sangha