Scotland vs Zimbabwe
T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 21 Oct, 01:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Match 12
Venue: Bellerive Oval – Hobart, Australia
SCO vs ZIM Dream11 Prediction:
- George Munsey hit an unbeaten half-century in the opening game victory against West Indies and the opener is well worth backing as Scotland’s highest run scorer against Zimbabwe. Mark Watt has taken five wickets from three games since arriving in Australia and the spinner is our tip for Scotland’s top wicket taker in this fixture.
- Bowler Luke Jongwe top scored for Zimbabwe from number eight on Wednesday but our pick is all-rounder Sikandar Raza to be their highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Blessing Muzarabani has taken five wickets in this tournament so far and the tall quick bowler is a strong choice for Zimbabwe’s top wicket taker against Scotland.
- Backing Sikandar Raza to hit over 42.5 runs in this fixture is our recommendation.
SCO vs ZIM Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be very cloudy at the start of the match and we expect rain to arrive during the second innings at the Bellerive Oval.
There is some pace in this wicket and we have seen the quick bowlers have plenty of success on this pitch so far. That said, talented spinners like Sikandar Raza will also get turn at the venue.
Scotland won the toss and chose to bat first on Wednesday whereas Zimbabwe are yet to win a toss in the tournament. We predict that Zimbabwe will bowl first irrespective of who wins the toss.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, W, L, L, L
L, W, W, L, W
SCO vs ZIM TEAM NEWS:
SCO Team News:
It was no surprise to see Scotland select the same XI from their historic victory over West Indies for Wednesday’s clash with Ireland. There are no injuries or players unavailable for this match and we expect Scotland to again be unchanged.
ZIM Team News:
Skipper Craig Ervine was forced to miss the defeat to West Indies in T20 World Cup 2022 after suffering a mild asthma attack on the morning of the game. Regis Chakabva took over as captain with Tony Munyonga coming into the team. However, we expect Ervine to be back to lead the side in this clash.
SCO vs ZIM Pre-Toss LineUps:
2. Michael Jones
3. Matthew Cross(WK)
4. Richie Berrington(C)
5. Calum MacLeod
6. Michael Leask
7. Chris Greaves
8. Mark Watt
9. Josh Davey
10. Brad Wheal
11. Safyaan Sharif
2. Wesley Madhevere
3. Sean Williams
4. Sikandar Raza
5. Milton Shumba
6. Tony Munyonga
7. Ryan Burl
8. Luke Jongwe
9. Blessing Muzarabani
10. Tendai Chatara
11. Richard Ngarava
SCO vs ZIM Team Updates:
SCO Team Updates
- Scots looked quite comfortable about their place after that victory against West Indies but now they seem to be in a spot of bother after getting beaten by Ireland.
- George Munsey and Michael Jones will probably open the inning.
- Matthew Cross will bat at the one-down position.
- Richie Berrington and Calum MacLeod will handle the middle-order batting.
- Richie Berrington will lead the Scotland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Matthew Cross will do the Wicket Keeping for Scotland.
- Mark Watt and Chris Greaves will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Brad Wheal and Josh Davey will lead the pace attack of his team.
ZIM Team Updates
- Zimbabwe, on the other hand, lost to West Indies by 31 runs in their last encounter.
- Regis Chakabva and Wesley Madhevere will probably open the inning.
- Sean Williams will bat at the one-down position.
- Sikandar Raza and Milton Shumba will handle the middle-order batting.
- Regis Chakabva will lead the Zimbabwe as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Regis Chakabva will do the Wicket Keeping for Zimbabwe.
- Sikandar Raza and Sean Williams will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Blessing Muzarabani and Richard Ngarava will lead the pace attack of his team.
This should be an excellent contest between two teams who know that a win in this match will see them go forward to the Super 12 stage. Scotland have a strong batting line-up but they are lacking a real quick pace option. We are backing Zimbabwe to win.
Zimbabwe are favorites to beat Scotland at the odds.
SCO Key Players:
The 29 year old left-hander lasted only two balls against Ireland but has hit a century and eight half-centuries in IT20s.
The young opener produced a fantastic innings on Wednesday. His score of 86 runs from 55 balls is his highest IT20 score.
The left-arm spinner got the big wicket of Lorcan Tucker against Ireland. He has 61 IT20 wickets at an average of 21.04.
ZIM Key Players:
The batting all-rounder is a very talented player and would get into the XI of most of the teams in the Super 12 stage. He took 3-19 with the ball on Wednesday after hitting 82 on Monday.
The bowling all-rounder was Zimbabwe’s top performer against Scotland. He took 2-9 with the ball before hitting 72 not out from 32 balls.
The 26 year old right-arm pace bowler is a regular wicket taker across all formats. His two wickets against West Indies took him to 100 wickets across Tests, ODIs and IT20s.
SCO vs ZIM Team Forms:
SCO Team Form:
Scotland have won only one of their last nine IT20s with the win coming against West Indies on Monday.
ZIM Team Form:
Zimbabwe had won three of their last four matches in this format before the defeat to West Indies on Wednesday.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
George Munsey, Michael Jones, Matthew Cross(WK), Richie Berrington(C), Calum MacLeod, Michael Leask, Chris Greaves, Mark Watt, Josh Davey, Brad Wheal, Safyaan Sharif, Chris Sole, Craig Wallace(WK), Brandon McMullen, Hamza Tahir
Regis Chakabva(WK)(C), Wesley Madhevere, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Tony Munyonga, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara, Richard Ngarava, Kevin Kasuza(WK), Tadiwanashe Marumani, Innocent Kaia, Clive Madande(WK), Victor Nyauchi, Brad Evans, Craig Ervine, Wellington Masakadza, Tanaka Chivanga