Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Renegades
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 28 Dec, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney, Australia
SIX vs REN Dream11 Prediction:
- Josh Philippe is yet to find top gear in this tournament but has still contributed some very useful scores. He is our pick for Sydney Sixers’ highest run scorer against Melbourne Renegades. With the ball, Sean Abbott has a strike-rate of 12.00 in the 2022-23 BBL and he is a strong choice for Sydney Sixers’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Aaron Finch has hit a century and five half-centuries in international games at the SCG and the experienced right-hander is well worth backing as Melbourne Renegades’ highest run scorer against Sydney Sixers. Akeal Hosein took 3-29 in the last match and the spinner is our tip for Melbourne Renegades’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Sean Abbott is a remarkably consistent wicket taker in the BBL and we are backing him to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
SIX vs REN Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be sunny with the temperature above 20 degrees from start to finish at the SCG. Humidity levels will reach over 70% by the end of the game.
It is a good pitch for batting in Sydney but there is still assistance for pace and spin bowlers. We expect a par score to be around 165-170.
Teams batting first have won 47.7% of BBL games at the SCG. But with the humidity levels increasing later on in the game, we predict that both teams will want to field first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, L, L, L
L, W, W, W, L
SIX vs REN TEAM NEWS:
SIX Team News:
There are no new injury worries for the Sixers with Chris Jordan nearing his return from injury. Earlier in the season, there were calls for wholesale changes to the team, but with the form having turned, we expect to see the same side selected in this match.
REN Team News:
New Zealand’s Martin Guptill has arrived with the Renegades as their overseas replacement for the outgoing Andre Russell whose four game stint has finished. Russell was impressive with both bat and ball and the bowling attack will need to fill his wickets with stronger performances.
SIX vs REN Pre-Toss LineUps:
SIX vs REN Team Updates:
SIX Team Updates
- The Sixers had a horrible start to the campaign this year. The last year’s runner-up lost their first two matches by a huge margin.
- However, they returned to the winning ways starting from the third game and will be walking into this game to make it three in a row.
- Josh Philippe and Kurtis Patterson will probably open the inning.
- James Vince will bat at the one-down position.
- Moises Henriques and Jordan Silk will handle the middle-order batting.
- Moises Henriques will lead the Sydney Sixers as a Captain.
- Josh Philippe will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Sixers.
- Steve OKeefe will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Jackson Bird and Izharullahq Naveed will lead the pace attack of his team.
REN Team Updates
- Melbourne Renegades won three back-to-back matches, but the streak was over in the last game against Hobart Hurricanes, which they lost by eight runs.
- The Renegades have bid adieu to star all-rounder Andre Russell, who has been replaced by Martin Guptill. Peter Handscomb has also been added to the squad for this game, along with Shaun Marsh and Kane Richardson.
- Martin Guptil and Nic Maddinson will probably open the inning.
- Shaun Marsh will bat at the one-down position.
- Aaron Finch and Jonathan Wells will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nic Maddinson will lead the Melbourne Renegades as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Peter Handscomb will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Renegades.
- Kane Richardson and Tom Stewart Rogers will lead the pace attack of his team.
Before the start of this season, most commentators would have expected Sydney SIxers to have no problems against Melbourne Renegades. But it was the Renegades who had a great start to the season with the Sixers losing successive games. Right now, the Sixers have found their form and their players are very comfortable playing at the SCG. We are predicting a victory for Sydney Sixers in this match.
Sydney Sixers are favorites to beat Melbourne Renegades
SIX Key Players:
Josh Philippe –
The keeper-batter has a top score of 43 runs so far in the tournament but has an excellent record at the SCG from across his BBL career.
James Vince –
The English top order batter made 33 runs from 28 balls in the win over Melbourne Stars. He has improved on his previous score in each game so far in this competition.
Sean Abbott –
The pace-bowling all-rounder continues to pick up wickets in the BBL. He dismissed James Seymour in the third over of the game on Boxing Day.
REN Key Players:
Aaron Finch –
The experienced right-hander has a top score of 70 not out in this campaign with only Nic Maddinson having hit more runs for the Renegades this season.
Mujeeb Ur Rahman –
The Afghanistan spinner took 1-30 against Hobart Hurricanes but got the wicket of former Australia Test skipper Tim Paine. He will expect to get turn on this wicket.
Akeal Hosein –
The spinner will have seen Adam Zampa produce the best bowling figures for Melbourne Stars in the last match at the SCG. Hoesin dismissed Tim David, Joel Paris and Nathan Ellis on Christmas Eve.
SIX vs REN Team Forms:
SIX Team Form:
Sydney Sixers had a slow start to the season but are now looking for their third successive victory in the BBL 2022-23.
REN Team Form:
The Renegades had been unstoppable in this campaign before they were beaten for the first time in their last match.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Josh Philippe (wk), Kurtis Patterson, James Vince, Moises Henriques (c), Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Steve OKeefe, Izharulhaq Naveed, Naveen-ul-Haq, Todd Murphy, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Daniel Hughes
Sam Harper (wk), Nic Maddinson (c), Jake Fraser McGurk, Aaron Finch, Jonathan Wells, Andre Russell, Akeal Hosein, Will Sutherland, Tom Rogers, David Moody, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Jack Prestwidge, Mackenzie Harvey, Corey Rocchiccioli