Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 26 Dec, 12:35 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney, Australia
SIX vs STA Dream11 Prediction:
- Josh Philippe top scored for Sydney Sixers in the rain-reduced win over Hobart Hurricanes. The opener is our tip for the Sixers’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Sean Abbott has already taken six BBL wickets this season and he is well worth backing as Sydney Sixers’ top wicket taker against Melbourne Stars.
- Joe Clarke hit a century against Hobart Hurricanes in Match 4 and no other player has reached three-figures in this campaign. The English opener is a strong choice for Melbourne Stars’ highest run scorer against Sydney Sixers. Luke Wood took 5-50 in the last match and the left-arm pace bowler is our pick for Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Although he can be expensive at times, Sean Abbott is a very consistent wicket taker in the BBL and particularly at this venue. He is our recommendation to take over 1.5 wickets.
SIX vs STA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be warm and sunny at the start of this match before cooling a little after the sun sets. There are no worries of rain arriving at any point at the SCG during this game.
It is an excellent batting wicket at the SCG and we saw big scores here in the T20 World Cup as well as a strong run-rate in the rain affected Sixers v Hurricanes game on Thursday.
48.8% of BBL matches at the SCG have been won by the team batting first. We predict that both teams will want to set a total by batting first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, L, L, W
L, W, L, W, W
SIX vs STA TEAM NEWS:
SIX Team News:
The Sixers are still without off-spinner Nathan Lyon who is on international duty at the MCG. England pace bowler and T20 specialist, Chris Jordan, is expected to be available with his injury having healed but we expect the Sixers to be unchanged.
STA Team News:
There are no new players ruled out with injury for Melbourne Stars with Glenn Maxwell and Josh Burns both out of the entirety of the 2022-23 competition. We do not anticipate any changes to the Stars’ XI from their last game, the defeat to Perth Scorchers.
SIX vs STA Pre-Toss LineUps:
SIX vs STA Team Updates:
SIX Team Updates
- Josh Philippe and Kurtis Patterson will probably open the inning.
- James Vince will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Moises Henriques and Jordan Silk will handle the middle-order batting.
- Moises Henriques will lead the Sydney Sixers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Philippe will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Sixers.
- Steve OKeefe and Todd Murphy will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Naveen-ul-Haq will lead the pace attack of his team.
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- Beau Webster will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Marcus Stoinis and Nick Larkin will handle the middle-order batting.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Stars.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Luke Wood and Nathan Coulter-Nile will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Luke Wood is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
This should be an excellent game on Boxing Day in Sydney and we expect to see a big crowd in to witness the contest. Both teams would have preferred stronger starts to this BBL but the Sixers were more impressive in their last match than the Stars. Many of the Sixers players have their best T20 records at this venue and we are backing them to win this game.
Sydney Sixers are favorites to beat Melbourne Stars
SIX Key Players:
Josh Phillipe –
although no player has hit a half-century for the Sixers yet this season, Philippe looked in strong form in the last game and has an excellent BBL record at the SCG.
Hayden Kerr –
the all-rounder is already having a strong individual season in BBL 2022-23. Across the last two games he has hit 74 runs and taken three wickets.
Sean Abbott –
no player in BBL history has taken more wickets than the right arm pace bowling all-rounder. At the SCG, he has taken 54 wickets with his nearest challenger on 33.
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
the keeper-batter has delivered four catches and a century across his dual responsibilities in the first three games. This pitch should be one of the best for batting and he has the talent to star in this game.
Adam Zampa –
the skipper has looked comfortable in the leadership role so far. It has not affected his bowling and we expect to see him add to his five wickets in the competition in this game.
Luke Wood –
the English left-arm pace bowler has had an excellent recent few months. He made his international debut in Pakistan in October and took his first T20 five-wicket haul on Thursday.
SIX vs STA Team Forms:
SIX Team Form:
The Sixers finally got their first win of the season in their last game. Coupled with a poor run of form at the end of last year’s tournament, the victory was much needed.
STA Team Form:
Although the Stars have lost two of their last three matches, they have won three of their last five games.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Sydney Sixers (SIX):
Josh Philippe (wk), Kurtis Patterson, James Vince, Moises Henriques (c), Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Steve OKeefe, Naveen-ul-Haq, Todd Murphy, Jackson Bird, Izharulhaq Naveed, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Daniel Hughes
Melbourne Stars (STA) :
Joe Clarke (wk), Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nick Larkin, Campbell Kellaway, Luke Wood, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa (c), Brody Couch, Liam Hatcher, Clint Hinchliffe, Tom O Connell, James Seymour