St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Saint Lucia Kings
CPL T20i Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 17 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: CPL T20i Match 20
Venue: Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba, Trinidad
SKN vs SLK Dream11 Prediction:
- Andre Fletcher scored 45 not out from 38 balls against Jamaica Tallawahs and the opener is our tip for the Patriots’ highest run scorer against Saint Lucia Kings. Rashid Khan took 1-8 from four overs on Wednesday and the spinner is well worth backing as the Patriots’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Johnson Charles has scored 227 runs including two half-centuries in the competition and he is a strong choice for Saint Lucia Kings’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Alzarri Joseph took 2-19 when these sides met on 11th September and the pace bowler is our pick for Saint Lucia Kings’ top wicket taker against the Patriots.
- We recommend backing Johnson CHarles to score over 25.5 runs in this clash.
SKN vs SLK Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on BT Sports, Willow TV and Fox Sports.
Fans can stream the match on FanCode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Very cloudy and humid early on although the humidity levels will drop as the game progresses. The temperature should reach 28 degrees by the end of the match.
When this venue was used for an IT20 earlier this summer, it produced a surface which assisted spin bowlers. There will be something for the quick bowlers also and we expect a par score to be around 160-165.
Although this is a new ground, we expect the captains to want to continue to chase a total in the second innings of the game. Our prediction is that both skippers will elect to field first if they win the toss.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
W, L, W, N, N
W, L, L, W, L
SKN vs SLK TEAM NEWS:
SKN Team News:
As expected, captain Dwayne Bravo came back into the side after a minor injury kept him out of the six wicket defeat against Guyana Amazon Warriors. The skipper took the place of Sheldon Cottrell who we expect to come back in place of the expensive Jaden Carmichael.
SLK Team News:
After their impressive margin of victory against the same opposition in their last game, we expect Saint Lucia Kings to keep faith with the same XI for this match. There are no new injuries or player unavailability issues ahead of this fixture in Tarouba.
SKN vs SLK Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
SKN vs SLK Team Updates
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots (SKN)
- Rahkeem Cornwall and Kyle Mayers will probably open the inning.
- Kyle Mayers is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Corbin Bosch will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Corbin Bosch was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Quinton de Kock and David Miller will handle the middle-order batting.
- David Miller will lead the Barbados Royals as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Quinton de Kock will do the Wicket Keeping for Barbados Royals.
- Rahkeem Cornwall will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Obed McCoy and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will lead the pace attack of his team.
St Lucia Kings (SLK)
- Saint Lucia Kings defeated the Patriots in their last match by a big margin of 61 runs and now face them again in the second reverse fixture of this season.
- Johnson Charles and Faf du Plessis will probably open the inning.
- Johnson Charles was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Niroshan Dickwella will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Roshon Primus and Roston Chase will handle the middle-order batting.
- Faf du Plessis will lead the St Lucia Kings as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Niroshan Dickwella will do the Wicket Keeping for St Lucia Kings.
- Jeavor Royal and Roston Chase will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Alzarri Joseph and Kesrick Williams will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Alzarri Joseph is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
This should be an excellent contest between two teams who we expect to be very closely matched. The Patriots are targeting their third win in four games whereas the Kings are looking to make it three from five. Although they will start the game beneath the Patriots in the table, we are backing the Kings to win this fixture.
Saint Lucia Kings are favorites to beat St Kitts & Nevis Patriots at the odds.
SKN Key Players:
With 198 runs in the CPL 2022 so far, only three players have scored more runs than the opener. He is behind only Kyle Mayers in terms of number of fours.
The 33 year old has made 80 runs over his last three innings. He hit 39 from only 21 balls in his excellent knock against the Tallawahs.
The Afghan leg-spinner has taken a wicket in each of his appearances in the 2022 CPL since arriving from the Asia Cup. He dismissed Kennar Lewis in Match 17.
SLK Key Players:
The right handed opener hit 41 runs from 32 balls against the Patriots in Match 15. His form in the 2022 CPL has resulted in him getting a recall to West Indies squad for the T20 World Cup.
Faf du Plessis
The South African hit 60 runs from 35 balls in the last game. It was his highest score of the competition and included five sixes.
The West Indian international is the leading wicket taker in the tournament with 12 dismissals. He took the wickets of Darren Bravo and Sheldon Cottrell in the reverse fixture.
SKN vs SLK Team Forms:
SKN Team Form:
The Patriots have won two of their last three games and can now look to target the upper places of the table.
SLK Team Form:
The Tallawahs are looking to avoid their third successive defeat in the competition and their fourth loss in five games.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots:
Andre Fletcher(w), Evin Lewis, Darren Bravo, Sherfane Rutherford, Dewald Brevis, Dwaine Pretorius, Dwayne Bravo(c), Rashid Khan, Duan Jansen, Akila Dananjaya, Jaden Carmichael, Sheldon Cottrell, Keacy Carty, Jon-Russ Jaggesar, Jeremiah Louis, Dominic Drakes, Qasim Akram, Joshua Da Silva, Izharulhaq Naveed, Kelvin Pitman
Saint Lucia Kings:
Johnson Charles, Faf du Plessis(c), Tim David, Roshon Primus, Niroshan Dickwella(w), Roston Chase, David Wiese, Alzarri Joseph, Matthew Forde, Larry Edward, Kesrick Williams, Scott Kuggeleijn, Preston McSween, Mark Deyal, Jeavor Royal, Ackeem Auguste, Rivaldo Clarke, Leroy Lugg.