SL vs AUS Dream11 Prediction for 1st ODI Match 2022
Match: SL vs AUS ODI Match Prediction
Time: 14 May, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: Pallekele Cricket Stadium – Kandy, Sri Lanka
SL vs AUS Info:
- Charith Asalanka hit 103 runs across the IT20 series and he is our tip for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this opening ODI. Wanindu Hasasranga took 2-32 in his last appearance in this format and the spinner is our pick for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker in this game.
- David Warner was very impressive during the IT20 series and we expect him to be Australia’s highest run scorer against Sri Lanka. With the ball, Pat Cummins returns to the side after missing the shorter format games last week. The Test captain is well worth backing as Australia’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Australian opener David Warner averages 45.45 in ODI cricket. We expect him to continue to succeed on this tour and he is our prediction for the Player of the Match Award.
SL vs AUS Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports in India, Sky Sports in the UK, Fox Cricket in Australia and Siyatha TV in Sri Lanka.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney Plus and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There is a risk of a thunderstorm near the starting time but the rest of the game should be played without any rain and the temperature in the mid-high 20s.
There will certainly be plenty of opportunities for the ball to spin in this game and we expect the spinners on both sides to enjoy the conditions. A par score will be in the region of 300 – 310.
Sri Lanka won the toss and chose to bat first in the last ODI at this venue in January. They went on to win the match by 184 runs and we predict that both captains will want to bat first ahead of this game.
W L, W, W, L
✅ ❌✅ ✅❌
L, L, W, W, L
❌❌✅ ✅ ❌
SL vs AUS Team News:
SL Team News:
This is Sri Lanka’s first ODI series since Mickey Arthur departed as coach with former England Head Coach Chris Silverwood taking over. The squad is fairly similar to their last ODI and we do not expect many changes from the side which beat Zimbabwe by 184 runs at the start of the year.
AUS Team News:
Mitchell Starc and Mitchell Marsh have both been ruled out of this series with finger and calf injuries respectively. Their bowling stocks will also be depleted by the news that all-rounder Cameron Green is not fit enough to bowl yet but he is expected to play as a batter.
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Small League Team will be added on match day
Who will win today’s match: SL vs AUS ODI Match Fantasy Team
After Australia dominated the opening IT20, Sri Lanka responded strongly and were good value for their win in the final game on Saturday. That victory will have given them a boost and Australia without Mitchell Starc are not as strong as they could be in ODI cricket. However, overall we are backing Australia to win the opening ODI.
SL Key Players:
The young middle order batter top scored in the first two IT20s and hit a useful 26 from 19 balls on Saturday. He averages 42.90 in this format.
The skipper stepped up and took his team home with a blistering 54 not out from 25 balls in the final IT20. He has an ODI century to his name.
the spinner is Sri Lanka’s most dangerous bowler in all formats and he comes into this game after dismissing the dangerous Glenn Maxwell on Saturday.
AUS Key Players:
The aggressive top order batter hit scores of 70 not-out, 21 and 39 to finish as Australia’s highest run scorer during the IT20s. He has hit 18 ODI centuries.
The pace bowler enjoyed the IT20 series picking up 6 wickets and he will be relishing the opportunity to show his skills in another format. He has taken 93 ODI wickets.
With Mitchell Starc out of this series, Cummins will be expected to shoulder some of the wicket taking responsibility in the side. He has taken 4+ wickets in an ODI on five occasions.
SL vs AUS Team Info:
SL Team Updates:
- Shanaka brought Sri Lanka back from the brink of another loss in the chase of 176 to seal a victory in the final over that helped the hosts pull one back despite conceding the series already.
- They wanted to have a much needed victory after consecutive losses.
- Wanindu Hasranga , Dasun Shanaka will be the key players going forward.
- Pathum Nissanka and Danushka Gunathilaka will probably open the inning.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position.
- Charith Asalanka and Dinesh Chandimal will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dinesh Chandimal was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dushmantha Chameera will lead the pace attack of his team.
AUS Team Updates:
- Australia will be looking to repeat the same thing going forward when they face Lanka in ODIs
- They will need to find a much needed rhythm which they lost in the last t20 when Dasun Shanaka smashed their bowlers badly.
- Steve Smith, Marnush Labuschagne will be back in the ODI format to slot in.
- Aaron Finch and David Warner will probably open the inning.
- Steven Smith will bat at the one-down position.
- Marnus Labuschagne and Glenn Maxwell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Glenn Maxwell and Marnus Labuschagne will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Josh Hazlewood and Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of his team
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Team will be added soon
Pathum Nissanka, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis(WK), Charith Asalanka, Dinesh Chandimal, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Praveen Jayawickrama, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lahiru Madushanka, Nuwan Thushara, Ramesh Mendis, Asitha Fernando, Pramod Madushan, Dunith Wellalage, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Niroshan Dickwella(WK).
Aaron Finch(C), David Warner, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Josh Hazlewood, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Mitchell Starc, Travis Head, Josh Inglis(WK), Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey(WK), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Swepson.