SL vs AUS Dream11 Prediction for 2nd ODI Match
Match: SL vs AUS ODI Match Prediction
Time: 16 May, 02:30 PM (IST)
Series: IInd ODI Match
Venue: Pallekele Cricket Stadium – Kandy, Sri Lanka
SL vs AUS Info:
- Kusal Mendis hit 86 not out from 87 balls on Tuesday and he is our pick for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Wanindu Hasaranga led the bowling attack and took 4-58 in the opening ODI. He is our tip for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker against Australia in this ODI.
- Steve Smith scored 53 runs from 60 balls in the first game of the series. We expect the number three batter to be Australia’s highest run scorer on Thursday. Ashton Agar took 2-49 and is well worth backing as Australia’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Glenn Maxwell struck six sixes on his way to winning the game earlier this week. He is our prediction for the Player To Hit The Most Sixes in this clash.
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports in India, Sky Sports in the UK, Fox Cricket in Australia and Siyatha TV in Sri Lanka.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney Plus and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The threat of rain will rescind as the game progresses but there is every chance that a thunderstorm will delay the start of the match. Expect the temperature to fall from 27 to 23 degrees from start to finish.
Spin bowlers had plenty of joy on the Kandy surface in the opening game of the series. 11 of the 15 wickets were taken by spinners and this pitch will offer plenty of assistance for them again.
As expected, Sri Lanka chose to bat first after winning the toss on Tuesday. We expect both skippers to opt to bat first if they win the toss ahead of this ODI.
L, W L, W, W, L
❌ ✅ ❌ ✅ ✅❌
W, L, L, W, W, L
✅ ❌ ❌ ✅ ✅ ❌
SL vs AUS Team News:
SL Team News:
19 year old slow left-arm orthodox bowler Dunith Wellalage made his international debut in Tuesday’s series opener and picked up the wickets of Steve Smith and Ashton Agar. Sri Lanka put in an encouraging display and we expect to see the same XI for this match.
AUS Team News:
As expected, Mitchell Starc missed the opening game of the series but there was encouraging news in his recovery from a finger injury and he may make a return in the third ODI. There will be discussion over whether to include a second front-line spinner with Jhye Richardson’s place the most under threat.
1 Pathum Nissanka
2 Danushka Gunathilaka
3 Kusal Mendis(WK)
4 Charith Asalanka
5 Dasun Shanaka(C)
6 D De Silva
7 Wanindu Hasaranga
8 Chamika Karunaratne
9 Dushmantha Chameera
10 Dunith Wellalage
11 Maheesh Theekshana
1 Aaron Finch(C)
2 David Warner
3 Steven Smith
4 Marnus Labuschagne
5 Glenn Maxwell
6 Alex Carey
7 Marcus Stoinis
8 Ashton Agar
9 Josh Hazlewood
10 Jhye Richardson
11 J Hazlewood / K Richardson
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: SL vs AUS ODI Match Fantasy Team
Tuesday’s game was an excellent contest and we expect both teams to come into this match believing they can get the win. Wanindu Hasaranga has the ability to make serious inroads into the deep Australian batting line-up but ultimately we are backing the visitors to get over the line again in this second ODI.
Australia are favorites to beat Sri Lanka
SL Key Players:
The opener hit his third ODI half-century in the opening game of the series. He has gone past 50 in 14 innings since making his international debut in March 2021.
The 27 year old top order batter top scored for Sri Lanka on Tuesday. His knock included eight fours and one six.
Sri Lanka’s number one bowler was in excellent form once again on Tuesday. He dismissed Aaron Finch, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey and Pat Cummins.
AUS Key Players:
The former captain was at the crease early in the second over of Australia’s reply on Tuesday but produced typically controlled innings which included five fours.
The batting all-rounder took 0-60 with the ball but returned with the bat to take his team to victory. He hit 80 not out from 51 balls.
The right-arm fast-medium bowler was the most impressive of Australia’s pace bowlers in the opening ODI. He dismissed Wanindu Hasaranga with the final ball of Sri Lanka’s innings.
SL vs AUS Team Forms:
SL Team Forms:
Sri Lanka have lost two of their last three ODIs but did get themselves into a strong position on Tuesday with some excellent top-order batting.
AUS Team Forms:
Australia ended their two-game losing streak in ODI cricket on Tuesday. They will now be looking to bring their strong IT20 form into this format
SL vs AUS Team Info:
SL Team Updates:
- Shanaka brought Sri Lanka back from the brink of another loss in the chase of 176 to seal a victory in the final over that helped the hosts pull one back despite conceding the series already.
- They wanted to have a much needed victory after consecutive losses.
- Wanindu Hasranga , Dasun Shanaka will be the key players going forward.
- Pathum Nissanka and Danushka Gunathilaka will probably open the inning.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position.
- Charith Asalanka and Dinesh Chandimal will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dinesh Chandimal was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dushmantha Chameera will lead the pace attack of his team.
AUS Team Updates:
- Australia will be looking to repeat the same thing going forward when they face Lanka in ODIs
- They will need to find a much needed rhythm which they lost in the last t20 when Dasun Shanaka smashed their bowlers badly.
- Steve Smith, Marnush Labuschagne will be back in the ODI format to slot in.
- Aaron Finch and David Warner will probably open the inning.
- Steven Smith will bat at the one-down position.
- Marnus Labuschagne and Glenn Maxwell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Glenn Maxwell and Marnus Labuschagne will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Josh Hazlewood and Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Pathum Nissanka, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis(WK), Charith Asalanka, Dinesh Chandimal, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Praveen Jayawickrama, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lahiru Madushanka, Nuwan Thushara, Ramesh Mendis, Asitha Fernando, Pramod Madushan, Dunith Wellalage, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Niroshan Dickwella(WK).
Aaron Finch(C), David Warner, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Josh Hazlewood, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Mitchell Starc, Travis Head, Josh Inglis(WK), Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey(WK), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Swepson.