SL vs AUS Dream11 Prediction for 5th ODI Match
Match: SL vs AUS ODI Match Prediction
Time: 24 Jun, 02:30 PM (IST)
Series: 5th ODI Match
Venue: R. Premadasa Stadium – Colombo, Sri Lanka
SL vs AUS Info:
- Kusal Mendis has scored 223 runs across the four games of the series and he is our tip for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this ODI. With the ball, Wanindu Hasaranga took 1-52 in his return to the side on Tuesday. The spinner is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker in this game.
- David Warner scored 99 runs from 112 balls in the fourth ODI. The left-handed opener is our pick for Australia’s highest run scorer in the fifth ODI. Pat Cummins took 2-37 and bowled a maiden in his first game back after being rested. The Australia Test skipper is well worth backing as Australia’s top wicket taker against Sri Lanka.
- Australia’s openers have both played well in individual ODIs during this series. We fancy both David Warner and Aaron Finch to both hit 3+ fours in this game.
SL vs AUS Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports in India, Sky Sports in the UK, Fox Cricket in Australia and Siyatha TV in Sri Lanka.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney Plus and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
According to the forecast, there is a good chance of thunderstorms during this match. Expect hot and sticky conditions throughout Friday’s game.
Throughout the series we have seen spinners on both sides cause batters plenty of problems on this pitch. Any score over 280 will be very hard to chase on this pitch.
Australia have chosen to bat first once and field first twice in this series so far. With humidity expected to rise during the second half of this game, we predict that both captains will want to field first.
W, W W, L, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ❌
L, L, L, W, L
❌ ❌ ❌ ✅ ❌
SL vs AUS Team News:
SL Team News:
There was one change for Sri Lanka ahead of the fourth ODI on Tuesday. Pace bowler Dushmantha Chameera missed out with swelling on his ankle and was replaced by spinner Wanindu Hasaranga who returned from injury. We expect to see an unchanged XI for the hosts ahead of this final game.
AUS Team News:
Pace bowler Jhye Richardson was rested for the fourth ODI and we expect him to come back into the Australia XI for this game. Josh Hazlewood has been impressive with the ball but we predict he will be rested ahead of the Test series.
SL vs AUS Pre-Toss LineUps:
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: SL vs AUS ODI Match Fantasy Team
We had a nail biting finish to the fourth ODI of the series earlier in the week and we predict that this game will be equally as close and exciting. Sri Lanka will be keen to continue their winning run whereas Australia will be desperate to regain the initiative on this tour. We expect to see Australia come out on top in this fifth and final ODI.
Australia are favorites to beat Sri Lanka at the odds of 1.55
SL Key Players:
Although the top order batter could only make 14 runs from 21 balls on Tuesday, he still hit a four and a six. He is averaging 111.50 in the series.
The right handed batter has scored a century and a fifty across the series. With 220 runs from four games he is the second highest run scorer on both sides.
The spinner showed his importance to the side with both bat and ball in the fourth ODI. He hit 21 not-out from 20 balls before dismissing the dangerous Alex Carey.
AUS Key Players:
The aggressive batter was one run away from bringing up his 19th ODI century when he was stumped on Tuesday. He has scored exactly 5600 runs in this format.
The pace bowler was the pick of Australia’s bowlers in the third ODI and the attack looked weaker without him in the fourth game. He took 2-39 on Sunday.
Irrespective of the format, Cummins is an integral part of the Australia XI. He dismissed Kusal Mendis and Charith Asalanka in the fourth ODI.
SL vs AUS Team Forms:
SL Team Forms:
Sri Lanka have won three ODIs on the bounce and are targeting their fourth successive ODI victory for the first time since November 2015.
AUS Team Forms:
Australia have lost five of their last six ODIs. There has not been much between the sides in this series but they have been unable to get over the winning line in recent games
SL vs AUS Team Info:
SL Team Updates:
- The series is already won by the Sri Lanka team, and are leading by 3-1.
- In the 4th ODI, Sri Lanka posted a total of 258 on the board because of the contributions from Charith Asalanka and Dhananjaya de Silva.
- Pathum Nissanka and Niroshan Dickwella will probably open the inning.
- Charith Asalanka will bat at the one-down position.
- Kusal Mendis and Dhananjaya de Silva will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dhananjaya de Silva is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Niroshan Dickwella will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Dhananjaya de Silva and Dunith Wellalage will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Chamika Karunaratne will lead the pace attack of his team.
- For Sri Lanka, Chamika Karunaratne, Dhananjaya de Silva, and Jeffrey Vandersay were terrific with two wickets each to help the team in winning the game by four runs.
AUS Team Updates:
- Australia was dismissed for 254, with David Warner emerging as the key contributor while chasing.
- Travis Head ruled out of fifth ODI due to low-grade hamstring injury
- Aaron Finch and David Warner will probably open the inning.
- David Warner was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Mitchell Marsh will bat at the one-down position.
- Josh Inglis and Marnus Labuschagne will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Alex Carey will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Glenn Maxwell and Matthew Kuhnemann will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Pathum Nissanka, Niroshan Dickwella(WK), Charith Asalanka, Kusal Mendis(WK), Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka(C), Chamika Karunaratne, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dunith Wellalage, Jeffrey Vandersay, Maheesh Theekshana, Ramesh Mendis, Asitha Fernando, Lahiru Madushanka, Nuwan Thushara, Pramod Madushan, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dinesh Chandimal, Dushmantha Chameera, Praveen Jayawickrama.
Aaron Finch(C), David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey(WK), Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Pat Cummins, Matthew Kuhnemann, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Josh Inglis(WK), Travis Head, Mitchell Swepson, Jhye Richardson, Scott Boland.