SL vs AUS Dream11 Prediction for 1st T20 Match
Match: SL vs AUS T20 Match Prediction
Time: 07 May, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: 1st T20 Match
Venue: R. Premadasa Stadium – Colombo, Sri Lanka
SL vs AUS Info:
- Pathum Nissanka has hit five half-centuries in 20 T20I appearances and is our pick for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this opening game of the series. With the ball, Wanindu Hasaranga was in fine form during the IPL and the spinner is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker against Australia.
- David Warner averaged 48.00 in the 2022 IPL and he is our tip for Australia’s highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Josh Hazlewood took 20 wickets at 18.85 for Royal Challengers Bangalore and we are backing him to be Australia’s top wicket taker against Sri Lanka.
- Mitchell Marsh has developed into an integral part of Australia’s limited overs batting unit. He is synonymous with hitting sixes and we are predicting he will be the Player to Hit The Most Sixes in this fixture.
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports in India, Sky Sports in the UK, Fox Cricket in Australia and Siyatha TV in Sri Lanka.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney Plus and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudy and humid with a chance of a thunderstorm in the early part of the game. The temperature will be above 27 degrees throughout the match.
This pitch will certainly take some turn and we expect spinners to enjoy the conditions. That said, Australia have a fine pace attack and their bowlers will certainly be dangerous.
The last T20I at this ground saw the team who won the toss choose to bat first. We expect both skippers to opt to bat first in this game.
L, L, L, W, L
❌❌ ❌✅ ❌
W, L, W, W, W
✅ ❌ ✅ ✅ ✅
SL vs AUS Team News:
SL Team News:
Sri Lanka have selected a young squad for this T20I series with no place for the likes of Dinesh Chadimal, Lahiru Kumara and Dhananjaya de Silva. Six players in the squad were involved in this year’s IPL with Bhanuka Rajapaksa catching the eye with his batting for Punjab Kings.
AUS Team News:
The current T20 World Champions have their eyes set on retaining the crown later in the year in front of their home supporters. As a result, they have selected a very strong squad for this leg of the tour with only Test skipper Pat Cummins and spinner Adam Zampa missing.
Bhanuka Rajapaksa (wk)
Dasun Shanaka (c)
Aaron Finch (c)
Matthew Wade (wk)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: SL vs AUS T20 Match Fantasy Team
This should be a very exciting contest between an exciting young Sri Lanka under new leadership and a very experienced Australia who are looking to win their second T20 World Cup in as many years. We are predicting a tight first game of the series with Australia getting the win
SL Key Players:
The top order batter only recently turned 24 and is one of a new generation of Sri Lankan batters who are making their mark. He has impressed in Tests, ODIs and T20Is.
The 24 year old batting all-rounder has had a successful 12 months since making his T20I debut in June 2021. He hit two half-centuries during the T20 World Cup in October and November.
The bowling all-rounder leads the Sri Lankan bowling attack and is one of the world’s best spinners in this format. He is also handy with the bat and has hit five international half-centuries.
AUS Key Players:
The left-handed opener hit five half-centuries during this year’s IPL and, after a tough early part of 2021, he looks back to his best.
The batting all-rounder averages 31.60 in this format and hit scores of 89 and 63 in his final appearances for Delhi Capitals in the 2022 IPL.
The right arm pace bowler is a huge part of Australia’s bowling attack in all formats. He took 7 wickets in his final three games in the IPL this season.
SL vs AUS Team Info:
SL Team Updates:
- Earlier this year, in February Sri Lanka, toured Australia for a five-match T20 series and lost by 3-1.
- They will look to gain maximum benefit from their home conditions in this match.
- Pathum Nissanka and Danushka Gunathilaka will probably open the inning.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position.
- Charith Asalanka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket-Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Lakshan Sandakan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Wanindu Hasranga was the 2nd wicket highest taker of this IPL Season with 26 wickets to his name.
- Dushmantha Chameera and Kasun Rajitha will lead the pace attack of his team.
AUS Team Updates:
- Australia have named their playing XI for the first of three T20Is in Sri Lanka, which starts on June 7 at the R Premadasa stadium.
- The top seven batters from the playing XI that played in the T20 World Cup 2021 final against New Zealand have all been included with David Warner and Steve Smith returning.
- Aaron Finch and David Warner will probably open the inning.
- Mitchell Marsh will bat at the one-down position.
- Steven Smith and Glenn Maxwell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Matthew Wade will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Glenn Maxwell and Ashton Agar will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Pathum Nissanka, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis(WK), Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa(WK), Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Lakshan Sandakan, Kasun Rajitha, Jeffrey Vandersay, Nuwanidu Fernando, Lahiru Madushanka, Praveen Jayawickrama, Ramesh Mendis, Matheesha Pathirana, Maheesh Theekshana, Niroshan Dickwella(WK), Nuwan Thushara.
Aaron Finch(C), David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade(WK), Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Jhye Richardson, Josh Inglis(WK), Sean Abbott, Mitchell Swepson.