Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh
Asia Cup T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 01 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: Asia Cup T20I Match 5
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
SL vs BAN Dream11 Prediction:
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa hit 38 runs from 29 balls in the defeat to Afghanistan on Saturday and we are backing the big hitting left-hander to be Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer against Bangladesh. With the ball, Wanindu Hasaranga was the only Sri Lanka bowler to take a wicket against Afghanistan and he is our pick for their top wicket taker in this game.
- Captain Shakib Al Hasan looked in good touch before being dismissed for 11 on Tuesday. The left-hander is our tip for Bangladesh’s highest run scorer in this match. He is also a strong choice for their top wicket taker against Sri Lanka. In the match against Afghanistan, he returned figures of 1-13 from four overs.
- As one of the most consistent bowlers in short format cricket, we recommend backing Wanindu Hasaranga to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
This match will be shown live on Star Sports Network and DD Sports. In the UK you can watch the game on UTsav Gold HD.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Clear skies with moderate humidity levels remaining the same from start to finish. The temperature will be above 30 degrees throughout this game.
We expect to see another low bounce and slow wicket for this game. Spinners will be able to get plenty of assistance from the pitch whereas the pace bowlers will have to work far harder for their wickets.
Bangladesh won the toss and chose to bat first on Tuesday and we expect Sri Lanka to ask them to bat first if they win the toss in this game. Whoever wins the toss, we predict that Bangladesh will bat first.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
L, W, L, L, L
❌✅ ❌ ❌ ❌
L, L, W, L, L
❌ ❌ ✅ ❌ ❌
SL vs BAN TEAM NEWS:
SL Team News:
There were IT20 debuts for 21 year old left arm pace bowler Dilshan Madushanka and 19 year old medium pacer Matheesha Pathirana in the defeat against Afghanistan. Although neither took a wicket, the selectors will want to show faith in the pair and we anticipate they will both be picked again in this match.
BAN Team News:
The Tigers put out a reasonably experienced side for their opening game against Afghanistan but found themselves 28-4 halfway through the seventh over. With injuries to the likes of Liton Das ruling him out of the Asia Cup 2022, there are not many options for Bangladesh to turn to at the top of the order.
SL vs BAN Pre-Toss LineUps:
SL vs BAN Team Updates
Sri Lanka (SL)
- Sri Lanka suffered a defeat against Afghanistan in the first match of the Asia cup by 8 wickets.
- They batting was too poor against a strong spin attack of Afghanistan team.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Charith Asalanka will bat at the one-down position.
- Danushka Gunathilaka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will handle the middle-order batting.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Matheesha Pathirana and Dilshan Madushanka will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Bangladesh team showed some good fight with the bowl initially however they were shattered by brilliant innings of Najibullah Zadran.
- Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim will need to step and perform if Bangladesh hope to qualify.
- Naim Sheikh and Anamul Haque will probably open the inning.
- Shakib Al Hasan will bat at the one-down position.
- Mushfiqur Rahim and Afif Hossain will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shakib Al Hasan will lead the Bangladesh as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Anamul Haque will do the Wicket Keeping for Bangladesh.
- Mosaddek Hossain and Shakib Al Hasan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mohammad Saifuddin and Taskin Ahmed will lead the pace attack of his team.
Sri Lanka are the favourites to beat Bangladesh at odds.
SL Key Players:
The 30 year old has only played 27 internationals but would have played more if it were not for fitness disputes with management. However, he is a talented aggressive batter who hit six boundaries on Saturday.
The batting all-rounder has been particularly effective in ODI cricket since making his international debut in 2021. He has scored three IT20 half-centuries and has a top score of 80 not out in this format.
The spinner is often a class above his teammates. This was the case in Dubai against Afghanistan where he was the only Sri Lankan bowler to combine control with the ability to take wickets.
with Recent Form
Dasun Shanaka [0, 1W, 0, 34, 1W]
Charith Asalanka [0, 110, 13*, 13, 37]
Maheesh Theekshana [0W,1W, 0W, 0W,1W]
Wanindu Hasaranga [1W, (21*, 1W), (37, 4W)]
Bhanuka Rajapaksa [38, 13, 0, 26, 0]
BAN Key Players:
Shakib Al Hasan
The skipper played his 100th IT20 on Tuesday but did not get the result he desired. He was very impressive with the ball and also with his captaincy in the way he put the pressure back on Afghanistan in the field.
The 26 year old batting all-rounder was the main reason that Bangladesh had a total to defend against Afghanistan. He top scored with 48 not out from 31 balls.
The 36 year old all-rounder will never win a game through extravagant batting on his own, but is able to play an anchor role. He, alongside Hossain, helped Bangladesh claw their way back into the match on Tuesday.
with Recent Form
Mustafizur Rahman [0W, 1W,1W, 1W, 2W]
Mushfiqur Rahim [1, 25, 52*, 105]
Mahmudullah [25, 80*, 20*, (27, 1W)]
Shakib Al Hasan [(11, 1W), (68*, 1W), [26 3W, 1W]]
Mosaddek Hossain [(48*, 1W), 1W, 1W, 5W]
SL vs BAN Team Forms:
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka have won only one of their last six games in this format and were comprehensively outplayed by Afghanistan on the weekend.
BAN Team Form:
Bangladesh have a terrible recent record in this format. They have lost 14 of their last 16 IT20s.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Dasun Shanaka (c), Danushka Gunathilaka, Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Ashen Bandara, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Praveen Jayawickrama, Chamika Karunaratne, Dilshan Madushanka, Matheesha Pathirana, Dinesh Chandimal, Nuwanidu Fernando, Asitha Fernando, Pramod Madushan, Nuwan Thushara
Shakib Al Hasan (c), Anamul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, Mahmudullah, Mahedi Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Nasum Ahmed , Sabbir Rahman, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Ebadot Hossain, Parvez Hossain Emon, Taskin Ahmed, Mohammad Naim.