Sri Lanka vs Ireland
T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1 Prediction & Tips
Time: 23 Oct, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1
Venue: Bellerive Oval – Hobart, Australia
SL vs IRE Dream11 Prediction:
- Pathum Nissanka is a very reliable presence for Sri Lanka at the top of the order and the right-hander is our tip for their highest run scorer in this match. Wanindu Hasaranga is one of the best spin bowlers in the world and he is well worth backing as Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker against Ireland.
- Paul Stirling hit 66 not out from 48 balls to take Ireland to victory against West Indies and he is our pick for their highest run scorer against Sri Lanka. With the ball, Josh Little has four wickets in this tournament so far and the left-arm pace bowler is our recommendation for Ireland’s top wicket taker against Sri Lanka.
- We are backing Wanindu Hasaranga to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
SL vs IRE Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudy from start to finish with the temperature no higher than 12 degrees. There is no threat of rain to interrupt this game.
In the 12 innings on this pitch during the First Round, we saw only two teams bowled out but it was never easy to bat on. We expect a par score of no higher than 155.
The last four games at the Bellerive Oval have seen the toss winning captain choose to bat first. We predict that both skippers will do the same if they win the toss ahead of this game.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, W, L, W, L
W, W, L, W, W
SL vs IRE TEAM NEWS:
SL Team News:
It has been a tough competition for Sri Lanka injury wise with experienced pace bowler Dushmantha Chameera ruled out of the rest of the tournament with a calf problem. Pramod Madoshan was rested as a precautionary measure in the win over Netherlands but we expect him back for this game.
IRE Team News:
There have been no changes to Ireland’s XI throughout the 2022 T20 World Cup and, with no injuries or unavailability in the camp, it would be very surprising to see any alterations ahead of this match. The Irish have an excellent team spirit in their squad.
SL vs IRE Pre-Toss LineUps:
SL vs IRE Team Updates:
SL Team Updates
- The Dasun Shanaka-led side was reeling after suffering an upset at the hands of Namibia in their opening fixture, however, coming from behind the side managed to pull off two sensational wins against the UAE and the Netherlands to make it to the Super 12 stage.
- With the First Round done and dusted, Sri Lanka move into the Super 12 fixtures with problems of their own.
- The Lankan Lions are having to deal with injury concerns early on in the marquee tournament with in-form pacer Dushmantha Chameera officially ruled out of the World Cup.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Dhananjaya de Silva will bat at the one-down position.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket-Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Wanindu Hasaranga is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Binura Fernando and Lahiru Kumara will lead the pace attack of his team.
IRE Team Updates
- Ireland, on the other hand, are coming into the fixture after a massive win over the two-time champions the West Indies in their previous match.
- Just like Sri Lanka, they suffered defeat in their very first match of the tournament against Zimbabwe but managed to win two games on the trot to qualify for the Super 12.
- Andy Balbirnie and Paul Stirling will probably open the inning.
- Lorcan Tucker will bat at the one-down position.
- Harry Tector and Curtis Campher will handle the middle-order batting.
- Curtis Campher is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Andy Balbirnie will lead the Ireland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lorcan Tucker will do the Wicket Keeping for Ireland.
- Gareth Delany and Simi Singh will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mark Adair and Joshua Little will lead the pace attack of his team.
After both teams successfully negotiated poor starts in the First Round to go on and qualify for this stage, we expect Sri Lanka and Ireland to play an attacking brand of cricket in this match. With tougher games to come, this is an excellent opportunity to put points on the board. We are backing Sri Lanka to win a close contest.
Sri Lanka are favorites to beat Ireland at the odds.
SL Key Players:
The opener hit 74 runs from 60 balls in the 79 run win over UAE in the First Round. The 22 year old has scored eight half-centuries in IT20s.
The 28 year old right arm medium fast bowler has picked up nine wickets from his four IT20 appearances. He is yet to go wicketless in an IT20.
No player has taken more wickets so far in the 2022 T20 World Cup. His seven dismissals have come at an average of only 9.00.
IRE Key Players:
although he had struggled to make runs over the last couple of months, it was no surprise to see the opener win the game against West Indies. When his attacking approach comes off he is very hard to stop.
the 25 year old batting all-rounder produced his best IT20 bowling figures in the win over West Indies. He dismissed Evin Lewis, Nicholas Pooran and Rovman Powell.
the 22 year old quick bowler went wicketless against West Indies but has a very strong record in T20 World Cup fixtures and will be relishing the chance to play in the Super 12 stage.
SL vs IRE Team Forms:
SL Team Form:
Although they lost heavily to Namibia in their opening game of T20 World Cup 2022, Sri Lanka have won three of their last four IT20s.
IRE Team Form:
Ireland have won three of their last four IT20s and are targeting their third successive victory.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Dasun Shanaka (c), Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Kumara, Pramod Madushan, Binura Fernando, Kasun Rajitha, Ashen Bandara
Andrew Balbirnie (c), Paul Stirling, Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Stephen Doheny, Fionn Hand, Joshua Little, Barry McCarthy, Conor Olphert, Simi Singh, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Graham Hume