Sri Lanka vs Netherlands
T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 20 Oct, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Match 9
Venue: Simonds Stadium, Geelong, Australia
SL vs NED Dream11 Prediction:
- Opener Pathum Nissanka hit 74 runs from 60 balls against UAE on Tuesday. The right-hander is our tip for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer in this game. Wanindu Hasaranga has taken four wickets across the opening two matches and he is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker against Netherlands.
- Max O’Dowd is the leading run scorer for Netherlands in the tournament and we are backing the opener to be their highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Fred Klaassen has plenty of top level experience and the quick bowler is our pick for Netherlands’ top wicket taker against Sri Lanka.
- We recommend Wanindu Hasaranga to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
SL vs NED Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudy throughout this match with the temperature no lower than 18 degrees. We do not expect any rain interruptions.
Overall it has been the pace bowlers who have had the most joy on this wicket but spinners have also been very dangerous. Any score over 160 should be defendable.
Netherlands have lost the toss in both matches but have still won when fielding first. Sri Lanka also chose to bowl first when they won the toss and we predict that both teams will want to bat second in this game.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, L, W, W, W
W, W, L, L, L
SL vs NED TEAM NEWS:
SL Team News:
Dushmantha Chameera sustained a calf injury and Danushka Gunatilleke a hamstring strain during the win over UAE on Tuesday evening and both players are unlikely to be available for this match. Gunatilleke missed Tuesday’s game and we expect Binura Fernando to come into the side for Chameera.
NED Team News:
Ahead of their win over Namibia, there was one change for Netherlands from their opening game victory over UAE. Logan van Beek, who scored four not out and went wicketless, was replaced by Timm van der Gugten who conceded 29 runs from his three overs. We expect to see van Beek back in the side for this match.
SL vs NED Pre-Toss LineUps:
SL vs NED Team Updates:
SL Team Updates
- The equation is simple for Sri Lanka, who lost their opening game against Namibia.
- They need to win this game in order to make it to the next stage of the tournament. It will not be an easy task for the Asian champions, who recently lost Dushmantha Chameera due to a calf injury.
- They did manage to overpower the United Arab Emirates in their last game. Sri Lanka won that game by 79 runs after posting a total of 152 runs on the board.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Dhananjaya de Silva will bat at the one-down position.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Pramod Madushan and Lahiru Kumara will lead the pace attack of his team.
NED Team Updates
- Netherlands have won their first two matches and are placed in the first position in the points table.
- However, they have still not qualified for the next stage. If they lose this game and Namibia beat the United Arab Emirates in their next game, the Netherlands might face an early exit because they have the lowest net run rate among all three teams.
- They defeated Namibia in the last game, however, it was not an easy win despite they were chasing a target of 122 runs. It took them 19.3 overs to chase this total.
- Max ODowd and Vikramjit Singh will probably open the inning.
- Bas de Leede will bat at the one-down position
- Colin Ackermann and Tom Cooper will handle the middle-order batting.
- Scott Edwards will lead the Netherlands as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Scott Edwards will do the Wicket Keeping for Netherlands.
- Tim Pringle and Roelof van der Merwe will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Fred Klaassen and Paul van Meekeren will lead the pace attack of his team.
With Sri Lanka back in form and Netherlands looking for their third straight victory, this game should be of a very high standard. Both teams have good bowling line-ups although Sri Lanka’s spinners are on a different level. We are predicting a victory for Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka are favorites to beat Netherlands at the odds.
SL Key Players:
The top order batter has hit eight half-centuries in IT20s since making his debut in March 2021. However, three of those fifties have come in his last five innings.
The 22 year old off-spinner averages 15.90 with the ball in T20 World Cup fixtures. He has taken three wickets in this tournament so far.
The leg-spinner was at his best against UAE on Tuesday. He returned figures of 3-8 from four overs including one maiden.
NED Key Players:
The opener followed up his 23 against UAE with 35 from 25 balls on Tuesday. Alongside Vikramjit Singh, he put on 59 for the first wicket.
Bas de Leede
The batting all-rounder hit 30 not out from 30 balls to take his side home against Namibia. He has taken five wickets so far in this competition.
The left-arm pace bowler is very accurate and batters struggle to dominate him. He has conceded under 20 runs in eight of his last 10 IT20s.
SL vs NED Team Forms:
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka have lost only one of their last seven games and were dominant against UAE.
NED Team Form:
Netherlands are targeting their third successive victory in this T20 World Cup 2022 in this match.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Kusal Mendis(WK), Pathum Nissanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana, Pramod Madushan, Dinesh Chandimal(WK), Binura Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Ashen Bandara, Nuwanidu Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Praveen Jayawickrama, Jeffrey Vandersay
Max ODowd, Vikramjit Singh, Bas de Leede, Colin Ackermann, Tom Cooper, Scott Edwards(WK)(C), Roelof van der Merwe, Tim Pringle, Timm van der Gugten, Paul van Meekeren, Fred Klaassen, Stephan Myburgh, Teja Nidamanuru, Brandon Glover, Logan van Beek, Shariz Ahmad