Sri Lanka vs Pakistan
Asia Cup T20 Final Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 11 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: Asia Cup Super Four, Match 6
Venue: Dubai Intl. Cricket Stadium, Dubai
SL vs PAK Dream11 Prediction:
- Pathum Nissanka has scored half centuries in his last two innings and was unbeaten in the win on Friday. The opener is well worth backing as Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer against Pakistan. Wanindu Hasaranga took 3-21 in the final Super Four game and the spinner is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker in this final.
- With a tournament batting average of 56.50 and a top score of 78, we are backing Mohammad Rizwan to be Pakistan’s highest run scorer in this fixture. Haris Rauf dismissed Danushka Gunathilaka and Dhananjaya de Silva on Friday and the pace bowler is our pick for Pakistan’s top wicket taker on Sunday.
- We recommend backing Haris Rauf to take over 1.5 wickets in this game.
SL vs PAK Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Star Sports Network and DD Sports. In the UK you can watch the game on UTsav Gold HD.
Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
No danger of rain or any cloud cover during this final in Dubai. The temperature will be at 34 degrees for the start of the game and no lower than 33 by the end.
Pakistan’s total of 121 all out was certainly under par on Friday and we expect a competitive total on this wicket to be over 155. There will be turn, pace and bounce for the bowlers.
Venue Scoring Stats:
Total matches: 61
Batting first won: 34 (55%)
Bowling first won: 26 (42%)
1st inn avg score: 144
2nd inn avg score: 122
Highest Total: 211/3
Lowest Total: 71/10
Highest Chased: 183/5
Lowest Defended: 134/7
Neither side have won the toss and chosen to bat first throughout the 2022 Asia Cup and we do not expect that to change here. We predict that both skippers will elect to field first and chase a target.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
W, W, W, W, L
✅ ✅✅ ✅❌
L, W, W, W, L
SL vs PAK TEAM NEWS:
SL Team News:
Although they had won three games on the bounce, coach Chris Silverwood showed his ruthless streak by dropping the out of form Charith Asalanka and Asitha Fernando ahead of Friday’s match with Dhananjaya de Silva and Pramod Madhusan coming in.
PAK Team News:
Shadab Khan was carrying a slight niggle and was not risked for Friday’s defeat, with Naseem Shah rested after his batting heroics to win the game against Afghanistan. We predict that both players will come back into the Pakistan XI for the final
SL vs PAK Pre-Toss LineUps:
SL vs PAK Team Updates
Sri Lanka (SL)
- Wanindu Hasaranga brought in the wow factor, he did what was expected of him – run through the middle-order – to help his side record a confidence win.
- Sri Lanka was looking quite comfortable with the ball and Pathum Nissanka did the job with the bat.
- Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka will probably open the inning.
- Danushka Gunathilaka will bat at the one-down position.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Dhananjaya de Silva will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Allrounder
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dilshan Madushanka and Pramod Madushan will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Pakistan who were emerging out to be the favourites of the title, were looking clueless in their last game against Sri Lanka.
- Babars form has been a major concern for them and he needs to score some runs.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam will probably open the inning.
- Fakhar Zaman will bat at the one-down position.
- Iftikhar-Ahmed and Khushdil-Shah will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket Keeping for Pakistan.
- Mohammad Nawaz and Shadab Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Naseem-Shah and Haris Rauf will lead the pace attack of his team.
The recent form in the competition and the recent head to heads all point towards Sri Lanka emerging from this final with the trophy. However, Pakistan do have players who can produce incredible performances on the biggest stage. We are predicting a very close game with Pakistan getting the win.
Sri Lanka are favorites to beat Pakistan at the odds.
SL Key Players:
the right handed opener continues to deliver for his country on a regular basis. He hit his highest score of the tournament, 55 runs from 48 balls, in the win over Pakistan.
the keeper batter got a golden duck in Friday’s game but has scored 155 runs from only 98 balls across the competition.
the bowling all-rounder has not been at his best through most of the Asia Cup 2022 but turned up in style on Friday. He took the wickets of Babar Azam, Iftikhar Ahmed and Asif Ali.
with Recent Form
[25*, 31, 2, 38, 13]
[(33*, 2W), 10, 45, 0]
[57, 36, 60, 2, 14]
[52, 35, 20, 3, 13]
[0W, 16*, 2W, 1W]
PAK Key Players:
although he only managed a run-a-ball 14 on Friday, the Pakistan keeper-batter is one of only two players to have scored over 200 runs across this tournament.
the 23-year-old bowling all-rounder is expected to come back into the side and gives the team excellent balance. He was named Player of the Match against Afghanistan on Wednesday.
after picking up only one wicket from the first three games in the 2022 Asia Cup, the pace bowler has taken four from his last two matches.
with Recent Form
[14, 9, 10, 91, 57]
[1W, 0W, 0W, 3W, 3W]
[2W, 4W, 0W, 1W]
[71, 78*, 43, 69*, 14]
[(42, 1W), 3W, 3W, 27]
SL vs PAK Team Forms:
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka has won their last four matches with comfortable victory margins of four wickets, six wickets, and five wickets over the last three.
PAK Team Form:
Pakistan’s three-game winning row in this format is over and they will need to put in a far better performance than what we saw on Friday if they are to lift the trophy.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Kusal Mendis(WK), Pathum Nissanka, Danushka Gunathilaka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka(C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madushanka, Pramod Madushan, Asitha Fernando, Nuwan Thushara, Matheesha Pathirana, Charith Asalanka, Dinesh Chandimal(WK), Ashen Bandara, Nuwanidu Fernando, Praveen Jayawickrama, Jeffrey Vandersay
Mohammad Rizwan(WK), Babar Azam(C), Fakhar Zaman, Iftikhar-Ahmed, Khushdil-Shah, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Naseem-Shah, Mohammad Hasnain, Haris Rauf, Haider Ali, Usman Qadir, Hasan Ali, Shahnawaz Dhani.